Led's Construction Pictoral

Ledpocket

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Here is the CA870 super sawed off...if you can't tell how I did it from the pics, feel free to ask.

20040625ca870shorty0012wk.jpg

20040625ca870shorty0056ja.jpg

20040627ca870shorty0031yi.jpg

20040627ca870shorty0063tm.jpg

20040627ca870shorty0071gt.jpg

Sorry about digging this thread up, but I think it deserves it anyway to be honest. Is the grip on his CA870 the Marushin M500 grip? I was wondering if anybody else has done this and if it required much modification, also is there anybody who has the pistol grip for sale or knows if it is possible to get replacement grips? I would have asked led but he hasn't been online for a long time..

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Necro diggers...I'm back, lol, at least sort of.

My stupid ex-wife is a *badgeress*, but at least she didn't take my airsoft toys.

I made a couple things in the last 2 years despite (because of? ) her.

Tek-9 wannabe

imagedry.jpg

m-14/ac556/m4 *bramston pickle* child

imageexv.jpg

img0744x.jpg

img0745od.jpg

A chop job and uzi mag conversion for my friend's tommy gun:

imagelr.jpg

imageggq.jpg

And, (just) started work on a new sterling:

imageqpg.jpg

be a while until it's done, for sure.

Anyway, getting back into airsoft, maybe not to the extent of yesteryear, but it feels good to be back, nonetheless.

Great to have you back LED'

Glad you came through your troubles relatively unscathed (mentally at least tongue.gif).

I sometimes feel that Airsoft is the only thing keeping me sane, what with all the pressures of home, work and life in general. dry.gif

I normally don't like to see 'classics' like the Thompson chopped about, but that one has a certain 'something'.

That and the M14 one, 'Franken-guns' definitely huh.gif

Looking forward to the rest of the Sterling build, might spur me on to get my Sten done.

Keep up the good great workwink.gif.

Forgot about this one:

Put a "medium" motor and grip from a PDW on my XM-607 for the "chopped" look.

img0740s.jpg

img0743wn.jpg

based on this pic: (top gun)

607reedknightsmjt2.jpg

obviously mine isn't as short, it only reduced the grip by 1/4" or so. I haven't figured a way to use a short motor yet :)

Yes I did field the chopped EBR back around the time I made it. Can't say too much, it seemed a-ok from what I remember. The king arms mid caps I was using sucked...that much I do remember.

Also, it's still heavy relative to my other guns (607 and uzi being what I usually like to play) but not near as bad as when it was full size.

An update on my sterling project:

imagewpy.jpg

not much, but I spent some time modeling some parts in 3D and have a pretty good idea on the feed/hopup.

I think I'll go necro-update my sterling thread with the rest of the pics :)

• 1 month later...

Had to do the lipo receiver mod for my buddy as well :) and I got started on the wood fore grip. Can't find a can of stain anywhere, though. Would have sworn I had like 10 cans of the stuff :(

img08900.jpg

a set screw keeps the lower from moving around

img0891d.jpg

img0895s.jpg

Also, shorty PDW barrel I posted in the KAC thread

img0867w.jpg

img087201.jpg

img0871k.jpg

Archived