Chinese Tibetan Flecktarn

Jagdraben

I'm sure that I'm not alone in this, but I've been looking and looking and looking, and I cannot find any Chinese Tibetan "flecktarn" (what I like to call "sinotarn"). I have searched the interweb and I have searched these here forums, but I have been unable to find any references to them (I know there was a thread in which one person had some "sinotarn"), much less where they could be purchased.

Does anyone know where I could, mayhaps, purchase a set of this camouflage?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude - if you find a source, I'll name my first-born after you. That stuff would be awesome as an autumn/winter Flecktarn pattern. I've also pointed the folks from Flecktarn.co.uk at that stuff too - in the hope that maybe they will replicate it.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Looks like it would be much more appropriate to US woodlands than standard german Flecktarn is, as the Bundeswher variant is a bit too red for most woods here.

If you have some brown fabric paint, and a lot of patience, you can fix that.

If you have some brown fabric paint, and a lot of patience, you can fix that.

I once coloured all the red on an Alpenflage rucksack in with permanent marker, turning it brown. It's still upstairs I think. Took me about 3 hours.

As much as I hate to do this: here is some Tibetan Flecktarn on eBay.

I kindly ask that you all not go all out until I'm able to uncover whether or not this set will fit me and if so, to wait until after I have purchased a set.

The person who posted the auction alleges that he has other sizes, so, here's hoping. Also, by waiting for me to get a pair, you won't be jeopardizing your own chances. Too much. :P

By the way, my Chinese assistant has just translated the label from the jacket on Henrik Clausen's website for me:

china_tibet_flecktarn_label.jpg

top row: "Regiment"___________ "Blood Type"___________

middle row: "Name"______________ "Quartermaster Warehouse 1"

bottom row: "Number 2 Type" "Manufactured 2003, Sept."

:D

OK. It should fit me, so I'm bidding on it. If I do win it (*prays*) and it doesn't fit (*prays against*), I'll sell it to one of you fine posters at cost.

EDIT: Got an email from the gent whose product was posted in the second post:

Hi <Censored>,

I'm sorry - I got the Tibet Flecktarn through a trade, so I don't think that I can help you. Perhaps you can find one on eBay?

Good luck with your hunt :-)

Best regards

Henrik

-------------------------------------------------------------

Have a nice day c,")

Henrik Clausen, Copenhagen, Denmark

As much as I hate to do this: here is some Tibetan Flecktarn on eBay.

I kindly ask that you all not go all out until I'm able to uncover whether or not this set will fit me and if so, to wait until after I have purchased a set.

The person who posted the auction alleges that he has other sizes, so, here's hoping. Also, by waiting for me to get a pair, you won't be jeopardizing your own chances. Too much. :P

Hella good find-I really want a set of that stuff...I tell you what. Hope he has more sets.

Wow.

I was outbid with literally seven seconds to go by someone who has never bid on anything ever before (and, if I may add, has the worst username I've seen in a long, long time).

I'm yust a wee bit angry, right now. And sad.

Someone give me something to kill someone with. Please.

Oh: and a burst of descriptive emotes:

:angry2:

:headbutt:

:gun2:

:butcher:

:diablo:

:angry22:

In fact, the "You lost" email got to me before the "You were outbid" email did.

Archived