Chinese Tibetan Flecktarn

Jagdraben

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herr Noel Tsang, the man who I bought my Sinotarn from, has authorized me to give his email address to those who wish to purchase their own set of Sinotarn.

In order to keep people from spamming his inbox, I will only provide his email to those interested parties via PM and only then on condition that they do not pass it on in any way other than via PM, and that they make this condition for whomever they send the email address onto.

Expect to pay around $100USD for a set.

My thoughts:

-The stitching is a little bit on the loose side. It's no where near as tight as on my Tru-Spec OVTS.

-The trousers are a little tight and a little short, but that's OK, seeing as a 77inch tall, 243 lbs. Caucasian is wearing them. The trousers fit better than my Deutschestarn, in any case.

-The flag and rocker/scroll seem to be both glued and stitched to the jacket, which might make removing them difficult.

-The waist ties are a nice addition, seeing as how baggy the jacket is.

-The green is actually pretty blue. I might have to wash it with some greens to get the blueness down.

-There is one zipper-closed breast pocket that could easily be reach with the right hand. It seems to be designed for one to reach into, even while wearing a ballistic jacket, like the MCCUU and the ACU.

-There are all manner of holes and loops for the attachment of badges, jump wings, &c. (Two loops on the right arm, under the PLA scroll, two pairs of 'parawing' holes on the right breast, and one pair of 'parawing' holes on the left.)

-My Coyote Brown flight gloves match the coloration of the brown in the Sinotarn perfectly.

-One should have no problem wearing a hooded sweater or jacket under the jacket.

Hey "Hunting Raven" -

Thanks for the review! Great to hear from someone who actually owns one of these. Let me know how it works in the field.

Looks like Noel sorted you out fairly quickly too - I haven't heard anything further from him myself; maybe becuase my size (tall and slim-ish) is harder to find in China. But I've got another contact over there who's on the case for me too - so we shall see...

Apart from the glued-on insignia, it sounds pretty good!

Cheers!

You mean an olde fashioned Chicom rig, modern-day Kalashnikov, UnderArmor Hood, American-style beret, American flight gloves, a Russian mag pouch, and ESS Land Ops goggles are better than CIRAS and an M4?

Oh. And good luck with RAID mods. There are three pockets on the jacket, and three on the trousers: one internal breat pocket on the jacket, with two external pockets at the waist and two internal waist pockets on the jacket with one external pocket on the right thigh.

Noel Tsang would also like to offer to sell to anyone interested, sets of the new Chinese 'digital' pattern (which I shall take to calling 'SINOPAT').

sinopat.jpg

If you want either the SINOPAT or the Sinotarn, give me a PM and I'll send you his email.

Archived