Chinese Tibetan Flecktarn

Jagdraben

Noel Tsang would also like to offer to sell to anyone interested, sets of the new Chinese 'digital' pattern (which I shall take to calling 'SINOPAT').

sinopat.jpg

My butt's more digital than that stuff - all they did was take their standard woodland camo and slightly pixiliate the edges....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've got a two-bit *albartroth*? :P

Pixelating the edges was all you needed to make a 'digital' camo though....

:D Ha ha, good come back. I beg to differ on your definition of 'digital' camo though, there's a lot more to it than just that: http://hyperstealth.com/digital-design/index.htm

o rly? You sure of that?

Designing a digital pattern can be as simple as using graph paper and filling in the squares or as complex as running multiple fractals (graphics with feed back loops) and advanced algorithms through graphics programs, this process is called C2G (Camouflage Designated Enhanced Fractal Geometry).

Emphasis added. :P

o rly? You sure of that?

Designing a digital pattern can be as simple as using graph paper and filling in the squares or as complex as running multiple fractals (graphics with feed back loops) and advanced algorithms through graphics programs, this process is called C2G (Camouflage Designated Enhanced Fractal Geometry).

Emphasis added. :P

Well that one obviously wasn't designed with graph paper was it? Anyways, don't mean to hijack your thread.... just expressing an opinion. :P

the amount of racism in the comments made about the movie (or, more accurately, about the other posters) is disturbing.

Yeah well, just the usual pathetic redneck idiots that lurk around on the fringes waiting for any opportunity to make themselves feel big by posting anonymously on the internet 'cause they got no friends and no social circles they have real discussions with (not they'd know how to anyways....).

Dig your new siggy by the way. ;)

P.S. And just becuase someone likes the camo doesn't mean they support the politics or foreign policy of the Chinese Communist Party.

Yeah well, just the usual pathetic redneck idiots that lurk around on the fringes waiting for any opportunity to make themselves feel big by posting anonymously on the internet 'cause they got no friends and no social circles they have real discussions with (not they'd know how to anyways....).

PRChina has rednecks? Well, I guess that would make sense, since much of China is farm and/or fish country.

The more disturbing thing, though, is that apparently ultra-nationalism and facism are becoming more and more prominent in PRChina. The comments are just a sad, sad reminder of the symtoms that surround such socio-political evolutions. :(

Dig your new siggy by the way.  ;)

Why thankee. :D

P.S.  And just becuase someone likes the camo doesn't mean they support the politics or foreign policy of the Chinese Communist Party.

Or the Chinese Communist Dynasty, as I like to call it. ;)

Not founded until the '20s, several years later almost all of the party were executed, and then rebuilt around Mao, who didn't come to power until '49? Doesn't sound like much of a dynasty :P

/hijack

The fact that Mao did not come into power until 1949 hasn't stopped the communists from using the exact same mechanisms that the Ming Dynasty (and every dynasty before them) to maintain and exert their power. Obviously, such mechanisms have changed as technology has, although such change has effected shockingly little. Parts of China are downright medieval and Western China is the New Wild West. But I digress.

Well technically according to dictionary.com a dynasty is

1. A succession of rulers from the same family or line.

2. A family or group that maintains power for several generations: a political dynasty controlling the state.

So by these standards the communist party in China isn't a dynasty but I do see what you mean. Then again, that could be said about every tyrannical dictator so it works either way. Back on topic, how much would it be to get a set of these "sinotarn" uniforms and is there any webbing available in this pattern?

You might want to re-read the second part of the definition you posted. :P

2. A family or group that maintains power for several generations: a political dynasty controlling the state.

Back on topic, I paid $100USD for the set, shipped. AFAIK, there is no webbing available in the Sinotarn pattern. I believe that the Chinese use solid-color webbing, not camouflaged webbing.

But notice what it says further on in the sentence

So if there is no webbing in this pattern do you know what the PLA is currently using and if it's possible to get some. I just looked at some screens from that PLA movie and I caught some glimpses of what looked like a black lbv with little patches of this camo on the pouches and also a sinotarn buttpack/backpack(can't really tell). It probably exists but impossible for people like us to get.

But notice what it says further on in the sentence

The Communist Party of China has ruled it for generations. Since 1949. Since a generation is generally accepted to be a period of time of twenty (20) years, and the present year is 2006, it can be said that the Communist Party has ruled China for more than two (2) generations and less than three (3) generations.

Either way, it's plural. :P

So if there is no webbing in this pattern do you know what the PLA is currently using and if it's possible to get some.  I just looked at some screens from that PLA movie and I caught some glimpses of what looked like a black lbv with little patches of this camo on the pouches and also a sinotarn buttpack/backpack(can't really tell).  It probably exists but impossible for people like us to get.

I do not know what webbing the PLA currently uses. Odds are that it would be difficult or impossible to find outside of the PRC.

One form of gear that was used from the introduction of the Type-56 (AKM) until at least the mid-eighties, and fairly cheap and easy to find, would be the 'Chicom rig'. Early models (Type-56 chest rig) are famous for their usage in the Vietnam War, and have three magazine pouches and four smaller pouches (for grenades, cleaning kits, extra rounds on stripper clips), while later models (Type-81 chest rig) have four magazine pouches and two smaller pouches. Since the only PLA rifle currently available in airsoft form is the Type-56, either would be acceptable, particularly as part of a PAP load-out (I think).

Both have a pair of straps that tie in back, although I have added buckles (1") to mine, to make it easier to put on and take off. The straps are not particularly thick (less than 1") and are unsuitable for carrying too much gear. I use them to carry one US GI canteen pouch and canteen.

Archived