Chinese Tibetan Flecktarn

Jagdraben

There was a recent multi-part programme on the BBC about China - in the first episode there was a segment where they followed some border guards on patrol. They were wearing an LBE rig that looked similar to the latest British web gear - only in OD rather than DPM. Their uniforms were a copy of US Woodland by the way....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah I was thinking about something else for the generation thing, my bad.

I already have a chicom chest rig, the one with 3 pouches, and it works fine but I'd like a more modern pla look if you know what I mean. I think I'll have a chat with some of my HK friends and find out about that :). I don't mind the weapon inconsistency so much because obviously nobody makes a qbz-95 yet(still wishing) and the majority of PLA troops are still using the type 81 which is close enough to the AK-47. But I don't really like having mismatched gear from different time periods.

:huh:

This:

type81-b.jpg

Does not look like:

ak_54.jpg

But that does look a lot like:

type56ak.jpg

Even if you don't go for the full Guarder Type-56 kit, I'd buy the Type-56 front sight (which has the folding spike bayonet) and dremel the "sheath" into the lower handguard of your AK.

EDIT:And while this:

type95-1.jpg

Would be nice, I think I'd rather have this:

type03rifle1.jpg

:D

Most of your pictures aren't working for me, I can only see the last one. I know the ak-47/type 56 and the type 81 are different guns but cosmetically, the AK is going to be the closest we're going to get to a type 81 much less any PLA gun. Just looking at a picture of a type 81 and a regular AK-47 at first glance there aren't too many differences but looking closely shows they're actually really different. Your pictures probably show that but I'm just saying they're close enough for my purposes. I am able to get just the guarder type 56 bayonet for about $60 but I don't know how worth it it would be. While skirmishing it has to be folded in and is only good for the cool factor off the field. I don't even know if my local team would allow it on my gun for safety reasons.

:huh:

This:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/type81-b.jpg

Does not look like:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/ak_54.jpg

But that does look a lot like:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/type56ak.jpg

Even if you don't go for the full Guarder Type-56 kit, I'd buy the Type-56 front sight (which has the folding spike bayonet) and dremel the "sheath" into the lower handguard of your AK.

EDIT:And while this:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/type95-1.jpg

Would be nice, I think I'd rather have this:

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/small_arms/type03rifle1.jpg

:D

OK. The images are now links, so you should be able to see them.

In my eyes, the differences in between the Type-56/AKM and the Type-81 are massive. The sights are completely different, the flashhider is completely different, the magazine seats much further forward, &c.

As for the bayonet, I'd love one just for the last ditch charge with bayonets fixed (where you know you won't get anywhere near the objective, but the psychological impact of the bayonet makes you feel better about that fact). :D

Nope, still not working. It just goes to a blank page when I click on them or copy and paste them. I know the differences are major but I said at first glance. And you can't argue that in just the looks department there is an airsoft gun that resembles the type 81 more than the ak-47 does. About the bayonet thing, there's no way my field would let me fold out the bayonet and run full out at the enemy even if it's impossible to reach them without getting hit first. That's just way too dangerous. I mean the bayonet isn't like a rubber thing, that is pretty much a real one in the sense that it's real metal and it doesn't have to be sharp down the side because even the real steel one is just a spike. I wouldn't risk being banned from my team just for one cool charge with a real weapon during an airsoft skirmish. And besides, that only works if you've got human waves of PLA soldiers all doing it at once, not just one guy. However, if a rubber one came out... I'd be all over that in an instant, the bayonet's the most distinguishing feature of the type 56 after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anybody is still looking...

During the past 6 weeks I had several dealings with an Ebay seller in HK, Jeff aka royaltiger44 ( royaltiger1945@gmail.com ). He has been an absolut gem in organizing different sets of Chinese uniforms for me, and delivery was always prompt (got my stuff within a week). Prices were good, with about $50 for a uniform and $30 for delivery. As said, if you want Chinese flecktarn, try royaltiger44 - I highly recommend him.

Archived