KJW p226 loading nozzle

i'm thinking of getting a kjw p226 but in some reviews i've read that the loading nozzle is very prone to braking early on. the reviews said there are some decent guarder replacements but i don't really want to have to worry about that.

has anybody witha kjw p226 had this problem or heard of it?

oh yeah and as i'm more of an aeg guy............how do you change the loading nozzle?

any decent help gets a +1

cheers

chris

It seems to be a common problem with the KJW P226, especially under higher gas pressures (both type and temperature related). I only have several TM P226s, but the change-out procedure is the same. It's a lot easier than any work on an AEG. Simply unscrew the two small screws that hold on the rear sight and the cylinder housing. Carefully tip out the housing (a small flat-head screw-driver under the rear lip helps). Be sure not let the small spring and rod fly out of the front. When its out, slide out the rod, spring and loading muzzle. Slide the new muzzle back in (there is only one orientation that will work). The spring and then the rod (small end inside the spring) slide into a track inside the cylinder housing after a small arm on the muzzle. Drop the cylinder housing back into the slide. You will have to push the little rod back a little with a small flat-head or similar tool to get it to fall the last little bit. Re-attach rear sight with small screws. Done! Looking at the parts diagram will make that a little more clear.

Another version (good thing, because I forgot that you have to swap the internals of the loading muzzle, too):

Mofo2000,Jul 9 2006, 10:18 PM]It's not very difficult to change out the muzzle, but do be careful w losing small parts.  Look at the manual and get a good idea where each part is supposed to go.  All you are doing is replacing pt 12.  

Starting w unscrewing pt #10 (the small screws) to separate the main blowback housing (#3) from the slide.  and then just slide each part out individually.  Be careful w #9 (the tiny spring) and #8 from flying off, it's not screwed into anything, only held inplace by tension.  Also pay attention on how #8 & #9 are placed so you'll remember when you put everything back together.  I don't think i had to mess around w pts 5-7.  The muzzle (#12) along w #11-15 should slide out of the housing.  unscrew #11 and #13-15 should all be able to come out.  Again be careful w the spring flying off.  Replace #12 w the new muzzle.  Squirt generous amt of silicon oil on the inside and out.  then put #13-15 back in order.  Here's the tricky part: w #15, you have to line up the screw hole w the hold on #12 in order to screw #11 back and secure everything.  Now, put #11-15 back into the housing (#3) and put everything back into the slide.  Don't forget to put #8 and #9 back as well.  Screw #10s back on and you are done.  When you put the slide back on, rack it back and forth a couple times, and squirt more oil onto the muzzle if it keeps stickin out when the slide is cocked back (it happens alot initially).  Enjoy your "new" gun.

wow thanks a lot that is really helpful. i think when i buy it i will buy a guarder enhanced loading nozzle aswel and just fit it in straight away cos i know im going to be using green in the gun because i knwo from experience that anything weaker tends to not blow the slide back enough a lot of the time.

if you have any other advice for me buying a kjw p226 that would be very helpful.

cheers

chris

wow thanks a lot that is really helpful. i think when i buy it i will buy a guarder enhanced loading nozzle aswel and just fit it in straight away cos i know im going to be using green in the gun because i knwo from experience that anything weaker tends to not blow the slide back enough a lot of the time.

if you have any other advice for me buying a kjw p226 that would be very helpful.

cheers

chris

The mags tend to leak out of the box. I fixed this by spraying silicone on the valves and then filling them full of gas and letting them sit overnight. Next day I drained the gas, filled them and... no hiss :D

i use TM mags in my KJW P226 although they require some insertion or filing to eject smoothly as the paint finish is thicker on the TM mags making them a tight fit !

i do a fix on all TM and WA mags from new which involves taking the bottom of the mag off and using some silicone sealant around the O ring before reassembling , leaving overnight and them loading with gas. this stops that typical base plate leaking of WA and TM mags.

you should always leave a small amount of gas in your mags when storing them too.

as Firesupport were out of stock for guarder nozzles i have done a quick fix with part of a matchstick to reinforce the loading nozzle on mine and its been going great for a good 2000 rounds on green/propane now

Hi there!

I have a problem with the loading nozzle on my KJW 226 sticking when I pull the slide back and the releasing when the slide is nearly all the way back.

Is this something that will be fixed by replacing the loading nozzle or is there a way I can fix the sticking problem without buying a new nozzle?

Thanks so much

I have a problem with the loading nozzle on my KJW 226 sticking when I pull the slide back and the releasing when the slide is nearly all the way back.

Is this something that will be fixed by replacing the loading nozzle or is there a way I can fix the sticking problem without buying a new nozzle?

I would not get a replacement loading muzzle for that because that exact thing happens with my new guarder muzzle. I would just try silicone or just don't worry about it.

My KJW P226 has just arrived from Z1 and straight away I started having problems.

Filling the mag with green gas (as recommended by airsoft pacific) I found that after firing one bb the slide stopped partially back with about three bbs jammed above the mag.

Is this the same nozzle problem a lot of people here has experienced ?

I did lube the gun well before any attempt at firing

but I have noticed this doesn,t happen using 134a (134a in a metal gun that can't be right)

Any advice please :(

• 3 months later...

I put a new piton cap and loading muzzle in my p226 and it is still double feeding. I either get 2 bbs shooting out of the barrel. Or one out the barrel and one out the ejection port. Also I have lubed the bajeebers out of it. Could it be a magazine issue? Could the top of the mag be stretched out as far as where the top bb sits and thats whats causing more than one bb to be released.

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Archived