Airsoft in Manchester

jal3

I'm having some plans of moving to Manchester in the near future, but i'm wondering how airsoft is there.

I have some questions that i hope you can answer :)

What airsoft stores are there in Manchester?

What skirmish sites/event sites are there in Manchester, or close to?

What's the local take on airsoft? Anything to be aware of?

There's also that FPS limit thing...do i have to downgrade all of my guns to 100 m/s when i move there? How does it actually work at skirmish sites?

And one OT (But very relevant for me :P) question: What internet should i get?

Hope you can help me out here, thanks.

well first of all join www.manc-as.co.uk this is the manchester airsoft scene and will point you in all the right directions.

close to you (and me) there are Lightfighter, Unreal-airsoft and STARS/Okami

there's also pheonix a little way over too. these are all easily reachable from manchester.

as for shops, there are none in manchester, odd i know but there ya go, airsoft isnt as big here. online is your best bet for airsoft in this country.

standard sites have an FPS of around 328fps some allow more but not many.

and ISP's here in england suck, just pick the one that can give you the best speed but stay the hell away from NTL or AOL...actually anything with an L in it.

pete

I'm having some plans of moving to Manchester in the near future, but i'm wondering how airsoft is there.

I have some questions that i hope you can answer  :)

What airsoft stores are there in Manchester?

What skirmish sites/event sites are there in Manchester, or close to?

What's the local take on airsoft? Anything to be aware of?

There's also that FPS limit thing...do i have to downgrade all of my guns to 100 m/s when i move there? How does it actually work at skirmish sites?

And one OT (But very relevant for me :P) question: What internet should i get?

Hope you can help me out here, thanks.

Hi there,

I'm a Manchester airsofter :)

To be perfectly honest, there isn't a lot here (airsoftwise).

There are several sites not that far away, the closest being Lightfighter Urban and Woodland, First and Only, Dangerzone and a couple others. You will need a car or someone to give you a lift to them though (about an hours drive away).

Sadly, there are no airsoft shops in Manchester (except for a rediculously over-priced shop selling cybergun ######), however, the nearest actual shops are in Chester and Cannock which are not too much of a drive away.

I'm the leader of CTRF (Counter Terrorist Reaction Force), one of the very few Manchester airsoft teams and the members are really friendly and welcoming :)

If you move over here I wouldn't mind meeting up and having a skirmish together

Regards,

Tom.

Dont forget Unreal Airsoft in Stoke-on-Trent!

We have a very tight urban site, and a new woodland site which is 2.5miles across, 1 mile wide up a hill. Going to be playing the very first game on there this weekend - a Sat/Sun overnighter.

http://www.unrealairsoft.co.uk/new_home.html (the ActiveX control is a sound file)

What about supplies? I usually use ICS .20/.25, since they are the least expensive, and almost the best quality.

Is it possible to buy them over here, and what would the price on them be? Also known as BadBoy with a higher pricetag in Denmark. What i mean is, can they be bought as "ICS", or do i have to buy them from Denmark to avoid a higher price?

except for a rediculously over-priced shop selling cybergun ######

It that the little gun and sword shop, round the side of the Arndale centre, up from the Printworks (On or near Withy Grove as I remember)?

It's been years since I was working in Manchester, but thats the only place I can think of, and it certainly did look overpriced.

I remember that one, too. Forgot about it. The Home Design Store is over on Church street near where there were always people selling fruit, but thats not where I was thinking.

I was thinking of a small gunsmith/knife dealer that had cheap airsoft and swords in the window. It was on where Withy Grove turns into Shudehill (as they're like the same street), somewhere near where it meets Dantzic street I think. I remember they had a cheap airsoft M16 and a few other bits in the window, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Can't guarantee its still there, actually. Haven't set foot on british soil since 2003!

Hi im also from the Manchester area(Preston) and although there arent any shops in manchester, there is one in Burnley(www.eliteairsoftuk.com), which is quite nearby. Atleast i think its in Burnley...

They have good prices on ICS AEGs and some cool custom pistols, but their website seems to be fubar at the moment.

and ISP's here in england suck, just pick the one that can give you the best speed but stay the hell away from NTL or AOL...actually anything with an L in it.

AOL are best Adsl line in England i've used or heard about. Cant get cable.

Anyone upon topic.

Manchester indeed doesnt have any strictly airsoft shops, They're are none in the north england vacinity.

They're all either down to south of england or theres 1 in scotland.

iainhaz - Check Elite Airsofts webby, Seems to have closed. Been like that for at least a couple of weeks.

It seems airsoft hasn't really kicked off over yet properly. I guess maybe with the VCR bill pending might be why any potential new shops or sites havn't happened(Pure speculation).

And yeah limits on 98% of airsoft sites are 328fps with 5-10% allowance on AEG's, Sniper and Pistols respectively.

And most people use Excel for bb's over here as they are the cheapest priced good quality bb's. £5.49 for a bag of 3500 and generally theres deals on with shops for even cheaper. You just have to pay a postage price on top to get them delivered to you, this happens via a "courier". They're the cheapest postal agent for heavier packages within england.

:)

I remember that one, too. Forgot about it. The Home Design Store is over on Church street near where there were always people selling fruit, but thats not where I was thinking.

I was thinking of a small gunsmith/knife dealer that had cheap airsoft and swords in the window. It was on where Withy Grove turns into Shudehill (as they're like the same street), somewhere near where it meets Dantzic street I think. I remember they had a cheap airsoft M16 and a few other bits in the window, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Can't guarantee its still there, actually. Haven't set foot on british soil since 2003!

Yeah the fruit stalls are still there :)

I know which shop you're talking about now ;)

T Stensby Gunshop on Shudehill, yeah I think they still sell crappy spring weapons (not that cheap though).

Tom.

I know, i didnt believe it when i saw a full metal ICS mp5 with a pdw side folder stock for 150 quid! Thats £15 cheaper than most retailers charge for the marui version! Im going down to elite airsoft soon to have a look around...and choose my birthday present :)

Archived