Building the Beryl Model 1996

tmas

So my Beryl is now sold...

I am, however, building #2 for a friend, treating it as exercise before buiilding the ultimate incarnation, #3, when I'm finally over in Canada. I'm practicing more advanced and ambitious approaches, using more and more real steel parts, sort of like Fence did, but with alternate solutions here and there.

#2, yet again, is based on a "standard" (aluminum/plastic) CA SLR-105 (I'm hoping to build #3 on the SLR-105 SV or on a VFC). My first step was to get rid of the crappy plastic rear sight base and replace it with a genuine article (okay, it's a Tantal part, but they're exactly the same except notches for the top rail which were missing on Tantal).

I thought it's a good opportunity to show this stage to other Beryl builders - just so that you see how it's installed and what it looks like. A standard AK-47/AKM/Ak-74 part will NOT do as a substitute - they are fundamentally different as there is no gas tube retainer here. This could also be good reference for those who want to keep the stock part, just dremeling and puttying it to the right shape. So, here you go.

M96 Beryl replica mk.2, step 1.

dsc0281sj7.jpg

dsc0282yr0.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived