Classic army AUG A1

1000716jn7.jpg

Alright. To start it off i've had experience with the Tokyo Marui AUG civ. version, and now i have experience with the CA AUG. So, my review is going to have a lot of comparisons of the two. I also will edit this and get more pics up and a more detailed review later tonight.

AUG history (airsoft version)

Tokyo Marui with the Aug military version in 1997. Sporting a ver. 3 gearbox and a less than perfect scope. In 2004, the company that made the scope went out of business, so the TM Aug mil. went out of production. 2005-2006, Classic Army takes a shot at the AUG series, releasing the military version first.

1000718wq1.jpg

externals

First glance at the gun, and the OD paintjob is the first thing you notice. It's a very nice finish, no mould lines, or imperfections. The OD stock and the black barrel and scope contrast and really set this gun off. I pick it up, first thing i notice is the weight. It is much, much lighter than the Tokyo Marui version. I don't find that a bad thing, seeing how TM's version was approximately 10 pounds. Another thing thats much different than TMs, is the plastic. In my oppinon, theres no competition, Classic Army has way better plastic, atleast for the AUGs. The AUG has a semi-transparent magazine, so you can generally see how much ammo you have left without taking the mag out. The outerbarrel is metal, along with the scope, and basically everything that is black. The foregrip still wobbles, not as much as Tokyo Marui's does though. Another thing TM doesnt have is TRADEMARKS!!! Yes! right above the takedown button, Styer tradmarks. Definitly a big plus.

1000720gv3.jpg

The Scope

I thought this needed a section for itself, because this is one of the major issues of the gun. How is the scope? Excellent. 1.5x Zoom, and so easy to aim with. Unlike TMs, where there was zero eye relief. The scope also doesnt block out the target, like TM does. It also has iron sights on the top, which actually aren't bad at all, their really easy to use.

The details

Alright, this is where I get into every little detail. To start it off, I've read things about the upper receiver/barrel assembly moving around. Mine does nothing of the sort, unless you literatlly grab the scope and push back and forth hard. The charging handle is a bit odd, it travles about 4 inches smoothly, and when it starts pushing the ejection port open, becomes rough. Im going to lube it up a bit, and will report the results. Another thing about this gun, is the gearbox is right by your ear, so it is LOUD.

Upgradability

Externally, theres not much you can do. I suppose you could mount an m203 to the barrel, maybe get a Phantom kit. But other than that, thats it. Internally it sports a ver. 3 gearbox, and a long barrel (m16 length). So it has a lot of potential internally, it could be a decent long range rifle, along with a decent CQC rifle.

scrimish report

Unfortunatly I have nothing to report right now, but in the next week i am going on a 36 hour OP with it, so I'll definitly report how she held up.

Performance

One unique thing about the AUG is the no selector switch. You pull halfway for semi, and full for auto. The range is decent, accuracy is superb, and the velocity is approx 320 fps. I can hit a man sized target from about 100 feet away easily.

1000717vh8.jpg

Tokyo Marui VS Classic Army

Alright, I dont want to end this so quickly but Classic Army is definitly preferred over Tokyo Marui. The plastic, scope, preformance, basically everything is much better than Tokyo Marui

Pros-Cons

Pros

nice scope

good preformance

Nice external build

Cons

wobbly foregrip

charging handle could be smoother

not the prettiest of guns, but i like it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CA has screwed up the AUGs in yet another way.

First they misname the AUG with railed receiver as the "A2" model, but they also added a Steyr Arms logo on the guns stock, which is not present on the real deal.

I've been looking into buying a real AUG recently, and absolutely none of them have the Steyr Arms logo in the same fashion that the CA AUG has.

Way to go CA, you *fruitcage*ed up yet another gun......but I'm still gonna get one.