I'd like to question the reliability of the reviewer, seeing how he's trying to shift his helmets... <_>

Just kidding... :D Nice review. I quite liked the video of the product, as well - it'd be nice to see more videos accompanying reviews, as it brings the product 'to life', if you understand what I mean...:)

I've got a BLOK aswell for more then a year now @ least ...

Used it for 2-3 skirms and had some horrible experiences with it:

The lens distorts the vision, foggs-up like there no tomorrow ...

and if there's no fogg, the lens get blurry from moisture :(

(got several headaches, from playing with blurry vision)

Still use it from time to time for CQB, but with the visor detached &

a Bolle 800 as eye-protection. (works well that way)

...had some horrible experiences with it.

It's odd, because the AD guys seem to hate them as well; they actively try to discourage people from using them AFAIK. However, they've been nothing but good for me - though I can see how the heat can bother someone using it (it does get very hot fast), my vision's never been troubled. Then again, I use anti-fog on anything I wear; that clears up any problems right away...though even wearing it without the stuff, I find the lens much better than comparable facemasks.

How easy is it to use Iron sights?

I notice the picture of you using an M4, did you try any other guns?

How compatible is it with optics?

Use with iron sights is certainly very good in comparison to other masks. I found that the moulded plastic PB masks are extremely hard to use, as were Sansei models (for me). Whilst ease of aiming cannot really be compared to using goggles or glasses, because there's always going to be something covering your cheek when you go down to aim, I find the material flexible enough to allow quick and easy aiming. For smaller guns, or lower sights, you'd probably have to tilt your head to the side a little more.

I used my AUG Civi and P90 as well as the M15. No pictures though; sorry! The AUG has a 4-9x50mm scope on its rail (spotting purposes mainly; 4-5 magnification is quite enough for the gun's range) and the P90 has its stock RDS. The scope is easy enough to sight through, though the rail is slanted forward and back, and is relatively low - a little head-tilting is needed there. Surprisingly, I can fully see the red dot through the P90's stock RDS, without any special movements; just pressing my cheek area to the stock will cover that. I also tried sighting through my Aimpoint replica on the M15, first alone, then in conjunction with the iron sights - no problems there; a little harder to centre the dot through the iron sights though (but then that's not what the RDS is for anyway).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The helmet certainly fits over smaller framed glasses, but with medium to large frames, you're either going to encounter some difficulty getting into the thing or you'll have to pull out the muzzle as far as it can go. IMO, the helmet looks better with the muzzle back.

My glasses were ok inside, but they pressed against the visor and were not extremely comfortable. I now wear contact lenses, which is great - but if you're only going to wear glasses, I'd suggest you find somewhere to try the helmet on first. It would be pretty unpleasant to splash out on a piece of kit that is uncomfortable to wear...

Contact lenses are the future. Get some :)