EOtech replica is out...but

Tef

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ORLY?!!  So, is it possible with some work to remove the 'bits and bobs' to convert one to an IR laser?

yes, but you will need to focus it properly, and the focusing lenses that come with the unit will probably (i guess) not work

the problem is, because its IR, you won't be able to see the beam to focus it. :(

i just feel that i should mention that there is no such thing as a green laser Diode.

green LEDs, yes, lasers, no.

the now-common green lasers are produced using a 808nm IR laser diode shone through a variety of bits and bobs which reduce the frequency to around 425nm

Thanks for that correction... I knew that little tidbit of knowledge once upon a time, but it's been some time since I had researched the topic, and that bit of info had slipped my mind. I appreciate the reminder.

Though, I thought there's only one piece that changes the laser from IR to green - an IR filter (basically a piece of specially treated glass between the emitter and the lens assembly).

• 2 weeks later...
The real EO-TECH or Bushnell will not survive in the war game, their glasses are too weak for bb's.

I beg to differ!

It takes a steel punch and hammer to put holes in the display models that EOTech provides to distributors (to demonstrate how the sight keeps working even with severe damage). The lenses are not "weak" by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, I've seen many real EOTech mounted on airsoft weapons (hell, there are probably 6 of us one my team alone who use them), and I've never seen one break from a BB impact. That's not to say it's impossible, but certainly far from likely.

Keep it nice Children!

(V)atrix post was enough to disprove his statement, there is no need to take it any further. Newbies today are the geardos of tomorrow. They grow how we mould them here on the forums. Insulting them will only push them to the darkside of chavdom!

(wonders what a chav version of Episodes 4, 5 and 6 would look like.. OMG.. can you imagine Luke's speeder car in episode 4? OMG )

Back to topic.. reviews? links?

Even chinese or other language links?

Keep it nice Children!

(V)atrix post was enough to disprove his statement, there is no need to take it any further. Newbies today are the geardos of tomorrow. They grow how we mould them here on the forums. Insulting them will only push them to the darkside of chavdom!

Well said...

Let's save the insults for the asshats who prove truely deserving ;)

well, I got mine a few days ago from WGC when they had them for $150... little less painful than $178. I also have the real deal(NV version). So doing a quick comparison, the points that stand out immediately to me is that externally, the replica is very well done. The finish is very good, the weight is a little bit lighter than the real but not by much.Sizewise it's right on.Durability seems very good but it would take time to find out for sure...The reticle is where the difference in price come out. In bright sun(against light colored surface) the real deal is definitely much brighter and the replica washes out...you can still see the reticle but very faint...but under "normal airsoft" circumstances it will work fine...also there's one point that really annoys me...there's two reflections(lighter in intensity) of the red reticle that's on the screen near(top and bottom slightly left) the "real" reticle that you see very annoyingly under some lighting and stronger reticle illumination...and in the green mode it's very strong and I would consider the green mode to be utterly useless. Otherwise I'll post anything else that I may eventually find...

Sorry keychain but i don't think that would work. Bizarrely copyrights don't work in all countries around the world. No one country get's to dictate another's laws so if you happen to manufacture in a country that doesn't enforce these laws than Eotech are pretty out of luck.

Anyway, it's not like they're loosing a lot of business from it. If you could afford a real one would you get the copy? 'Course not. that's why swiss watch makers don't really care about replicas of their stuff, if you could afford the real thing you wouldn't be caught dead with a replica.

Archived