The *edit* Button In The Classifieds

Hey Arnie

I see the *EDIT* button in the Classifieds! Nooooo! Tis not a very good function as dodgey dealers can easily edit out their posts and wipe out evidence if they are conning someone...

...I addressed this before in *cough* some other forum, but I didn't even get any feedback, just a dig at me for comparing a site to another site..

Any chance of seeing it go? Or is it inevitable?

Cheers

I'll play devils advocate to this one- I love being able to correct my spelling miastkes, and I've seen many a sales threads with multiple items prosper because of the stock list being adjusted on the first page, rather than the last.

I've never been a dodgy dealer- but I have been caught by them in the past and also by people continually pulling out of purchases due to them being 10 years old, and their daddy changing their mind on the gun... grrr- that does no-one any good at all, especially the seller who has wasted time on the whole sale thread etc... I dunno.

Maybe no-one should be able to edit outside of 36 hours from the last time they accessed the post- so if someone needs to update a post daily, they can, but a done deal that takes more than a few days to go through can't be reneged on. Or maybe a checkbox for the confirmed buyer to "freeze" the sales post. Although penalties should be brought in for those little whiners that don't follow through on purchases.

whaddya reckon?

Now THAT is a good idea, especially the 36hour part (how about 24hours? Or maybe 12? I'm not talking spelling mistakes here btw) ..

Thing is, will the suggestion ever go forward...? I think it's valid enough :D

Edit: *ACK* cheers R22..... If only I could delete this thread... :mellow:

Edited by TaQ

wow. talk about a short attention span- you can't even remember to read my last post!

the little whiners who go back on their word and don't follow through when they've already said they're going to buy whatever you're selling. Causing you great loss of time and other potential buyers.