Classifieds and auction system online

You can find the new system online here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/classifieds

There are obviously more subheadings and categories that can be added, and the system will develop as it is used.

The new system allows you to add products either as a classified, or as an auction. You can post to chat about an item that's for sale and the seller can declare an item sold themselves.

Give the system a try and see how it works out for you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea :)

Got my item up there already :D

Only one problem, and that's that I get a message saying I can't edit if I try to. If I want to add a photo, say, I can't. Also, I want to allow Paypal payment, and can't change that either.

EDIT: How's this going to work re: different countries?

Edited by HaVoC
Allow Users to Buy your Ad via Paypal Immediately? Please note your email on the system here must match your paypal email account for you to enable this feature.:

Won't let me change from No -> Yes, but maybe that's intentional.

Won't let me change from No -> Yes, but maybe that's intentional.

I don't think you can change it after the fact. A new sale allows you to set the buy it now feature on.

The old sales system will gradually be closed as they complete. Users will be invited to post their sales on the new system, when all bugs and oddities have been fixed as they are found out the old system will be closed off.

I think we need a rule that says if you have photos, you NEED to post them straight away.

It's so annoying (to me lol) when people say "if you want to see photos, pm me!" of course we want to see photos!!

If you have them, or have the capability to take them, then do it and post them straight away!

*rant mode off*

Havoc - not directed at you incase thats what your thinking

Looks good Arnie, have placed my two ads on it and it all worked flawlessly.

However, I had to change my e-mail address in my settings to match my PayPal address so I could use the Buy-it-Now feature.

When I went to change my address, it told me I had to reactivate my account but the links I clicked in the activation e-mail didn't appear to work. They did actually work, but it didn't look like it had - it kept asking me to type in my activation key and user ID.

I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular m8, i just think it makes sense to take the time and grab photos before listing it so that they're there from the word go. People are always going to want to see pictures if they're available, so it saves the seller time aswell by not having to email them to multiple people and so on.

I hate to say it, but it's not really that usable for me. I prefer the usual system to be honest - which i really am sorry to say because this looks like it took a hell of a long time to create. It may be hard to moderate but hell theres enough of us there allready pointing out other forum fps, state a price etc allready.

Well without any idea of what you don't like or why you find it hard to use, I'm unsure as to how things can be improved.

For the moment at least the present forum sales system is staying the way that it is. The new system is still considered in development at the moment.

Just noticed a US sale listed and thought that if all the sales threads were mixed together it could get confusing, maybe you'd need a seperate one for US/UK?

I personally prefer the sale section as it is, if it's not broken dont fix it and all that..

i second the first part. def need to separate the two. as for the second part, i think after a while we'll all appreciate it.

Right then, just a few things i dont like...

- I dont like how its seperate from the main forum in the way it is

- I dont like the layout of it

- I think there are way too many sections

- I dont like the picture upload system, even attatched pictures were borderline annoying for me

- I dont see a report button???

- There doesnt seem to be any way to give rep points for the sale

Infact if i'm going to be honest i don think there is anything about it i like.

Harsh.

It's just... je ne sais quoi. I prefer the ease of being able to wonder onto the forums, post a sales thread and come back later to a few PMs. I love the auction function, but i don't feel that it's needed for the usual classified function. The classified forums on the whole tend to be a bit "self moderating" and people soon learn. If it's a case of adding a few more sales topic mods then i'm sure that would solve it. I mean most of the regs do LIVE on here :P

I hate to criticise though, sorry mate.