Classifieds and auction system online

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if i appear angry above, i'm not at all. Just not one of the best with computers....

I've blocked them now, but here is what i was getting:

Sent :  08 August 2006 22:00:00

To :  my_email_address[at]etc

Subject :  ArniesAirsoft Auction End Notice: DPM brassard

Lance Jackass, your auction on ArniesAirsoft has expired.

There were no bids on your item. You may want to review your

auction and make adjustments before relisting.

Auction link:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/classifieds...t.php?product=9

Thank you!

Cheers mate,

LJ

Seem to have stopped now. Very odd.

The messages were from 'mods [at] arniesairsoft.co.uk', according to Gmail. They consisted of...

HaVoC, your auction on ArniesAirsoft has expired.

There were no bids on your item. You may want to review your

auction and make adjustments before relisting.

Auction link: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/classifieds...t.php?product=4

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone else feel the system doesn't really seem to work? Couple of problems:

1) Division into AEG, GBB, springer, etc makes it odd. If I'm looking for a sniper rifle but don't have a specific model in mind, I have to go wading through every section to be sure I haven't missed something.

2) Lack of division by country, combined with people not listing their country, makes it difficult to know where the seller is.

3) Pretty sure there's at least one seller (FTG-UK) using it for commercial sales at ripoff prices.

It's not that it's a bad idea, but I think the implementation could be better.

:zorro:

Does anyone else feel the system doesn't really seem to work? Couple of problems:

1) Division into AEG, GBB, springer, etc makes it odd. If I'm looking for a sniper rifle but don't have a specific model in mind, I have to go wading through every section to be sure I haven't missed something.

2) Lack of division by country, combined with people not listing their country, makes it difficult to know where the seller is.

I've noticed that too. Also has anyone else noticed that a lot of people are sticking with the old system still?

I have to confess I do. I find the old system a little more accessible and user-friendly. Also, most people ignore the classified section. I doubt the section will ever really be used to its full potential unless the standard sales sections are closed - and that's assuming people simply don't just go elsewhere to sell their kit. :)

3) Pretty sure there's at least one seller (FTG-UK) using it for commercial sales at ripoff prices.

It's not that it's a bad idea, but I think the implementation could be better.

:zorro:

The biggest problem is that people don't want to get involved in an auction when they can just see an item for sale at a given price and agree to purchase it.

I wonder how many people have actually successfully sold items using the auction system?

Auctions are for places like ebay.

It's the reason a favour/favoured arnies sales section over using elsewhere.

Simply state the items info and the price you want, No messing about waiting days for things to end ect..

The new classifieds section wouldn't be too bad if it was split up properly.

UK--->

-AEG

-AEG ACC

-GBB

-Spring

-Gear

-Bulk

-Non Airsoft

And so on for US.

Though even if the standard system was split like that, it would be better.

New section seems very cluttered: old ended sales are stickied there.

It's in horrible auction format.

Either way we'll see what happens i guess.

Have to say, I've never understood why the Sales forum isn't split into AEG - GBB- Etc.

Any time I'm looking for (for example) a GBB, I have to spend ages wading through ad's for everything else, and TBH, I often give up looking, losing a seller a potential sale.

TBH, the new system looks like it was a fair amount of work for the admins to setup, and for us to use, when what ASCUK and UKAN (when it was running) has been doing is probably the easiest solution.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there a seperate WTB section? The reason I ask is because I'm traditionally a lurker (I joined in '05... well, before that, but then things were changed up and I had to reregister...) and I obviously don't have 100 posts yet.

And I'm looking for a specific item. :)

Russ

If you give me the forum name of the seller, I might be able to find it - I tried checking your posts, but I guess you just pm'd the seller as I couldn't find one relating to an EBR. Just PM me the name.

Hello Pablo. PM sent. Thank you for the help!