Tanaka S&W M65 FBI Special

• 3 months later...

Alright, I've conducted a test with HFC22 gas and 0.2g BBs under similar conditions. The average velocity was 295 FPS, with a high of 306 and a low of 267. Note with the stronger gas there wasn't any drastic deviations like with 134 gas. Gas efficiency was cut in half with around 120 shots per charge.

The discharge "pop" was significantly louder, equaling to that of a GBB pistol. The accuracy, or should I say inaccuracy, remained unchanged. At 10 feet, I would get six-shot groupings of 1.5 to 2.0 inches at times while other times they would spread as large as 4.0 inches.

I also experienced the same "misfires" as before with 134 gas, though they weren't as frequent. The "misfires" only occurred when I was target shooting, as I would fire six successive shots with about a one second pause. I did not experience this when I was running it though the chrono, as I would pause maybe six or seven seconds between shots.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

After reading the review of redHawk about the Tanaka M65, I buy this pistol. I'm very happy with it, but I notice that sound of the gun firing seems louder that RedHawk write on the review. So, when I fire with a bullet in the pistol the sound is (in my opinion) the equivalent to a breaking glas on the ground. Is there a way to reduce the sound? The gas can be the problem? The bullets?

Thank you very much for your help.

:D

Hi,

After reading the review of redHawk about the Tanaka M65, I buy this pistol. I'm very happy with it, but I notice that sound of the gun firing seems louder that RedHawk write on the review. So, when I fire with a bullet in the pistol the sound is (in my opinion) the equivalent to a breaking glas on the ground. Is there a way to reduce the sound? The gas can be the problem? The bullets?

Thank you very much for your help.

:D

using heavier bb's will change the muzzle pop.