CIRAS cheapness ;)

zagarol

Hi guys,

I am looking to get myself an OD CIRAS (Marine version) and, due to my gas central heating going up the spout, my budget is very limited.

I have been looking around and have found a replica CIRAS over at E-hobby asia. I have used this company several times and have found the stuff they provide to be damned good quality, however they are selling a ciras for $35 :blink:linky

Could you guys with either the Phantom or proper (Eagle?) CIRAS vests have a quick look at this cheap *albatross* version and let me know, in your opinions, why it is so cheap.

The kind of thing I am looking for is:

Stitching is poop

Doesn't actually resemble a CIRAS :wide-eyed:

No padding

Looks floppy. :unsure:

Those kind of things.

Taa very much,

Zag :)

Edit: After looking around some more I am pretty sure the vest from e-hobby is the same as this one!

The pictures supplied by ASF are better than the e-hobby ones so it might give a bit more insight. taa :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shoulder area looks, well, just plain odd. I'd wager the stitching won't be up to much, either, specifically on the PALS itself - heavy pouches may tear it from the vest.

I mean, for $35, I wouldn't expect much, especially as you're getting pouches with that as well! That said, why not? At $35 it's not going to break the bank, and if it's terrible, chalk it up to experience and move on.

I have one, its actually supriseingly ok

ive compared it to a friends bulle one, its as good as that, the ehobby pictures are bad. The shoulders and vest overall are more stiff, that one has been pulled from teh packageing and photoed, after you fit it to yourself its a much nicer shape, and rigid with the dummy plates included. its not floppy, and its deffinately ciras shaped... (marine vers)

Ive got viper, supplied, eagle industries, and tt pouches on it and its ok, the pals loops are fine too, good stitching

for 42 posted, get it, a viper crosdraw is the same price :P

it probably came out of the same factory as a more expensive one...

and replica gear is replica yes, and airsoft is replica combat...

edit: that other replica looks identical to how mine looks, and all the optional pouches with it are the same lol.

I have one, its actually supriseingly ok

ive compared it to a friends bulle one, its as good as that, the ehobby pictures are bad. The shoulders and vest overall are more stiff, that one has been pulled from teh packageing and photoed, after you fit it to yourself its a much nicer shape, and rigid with the dummy plates included. its not floppy, and its deffinately ciras shaped... (marine vers)

Ive got viper, supplied, eagle industries, and tt pouches on it and its ok, the pals loops are fine too, good stitching

for 42 posted, get it,  a viper crosdraw is the same price :P

it probably came out of the same factory as a more expensive one...

edit: that other replica looks identical to how mine looks, and all the optional pouches with it are the same lol.

Are you sure its the same one you have? Also, do those M16 pouches fit two each or are they crappy thin kind that only fit 1 each?

Ok has anyone noticed the 35 dollar shipping price? Its the only thing that kept me from getting one to try actually. If you are going to order from eHobby I suggest you get several friends that airsoft together and purchase a big order from him. He usually give really good discounts on shipping. Last time i saved almost 35 bucks shipping :D but i payed 55 in the end <_< . Also his stuff usually says its coming from the US but it always comes from Hong Kong via Hong Kong Post. That being said it usually only takes 2 - 3 days to arrive. Faster then most stateside sellers.

Sorry this post got kinda long. All I really wanted to say is shipping is killer...

Thanks for all the advice guys :D

I think seeing as it is soo cheap I will get one. My friends are going to be putting an order in within the next month or so, in which case I will pop one on to their (our ;) ) order.

Once I get it I'll pop some piccys up and a review.

Boomer, I think I must have mis read your post? Does it come with replica SAPI plates as well? Or did you mean once you get some?

Thanks for the opinions guys :)

Zag.

I'd argue it's not even that.

Buy anyways, it's all there if you want it. Cheap gear is cheap gear, just like cheap clothes, or cheap furniture, or cheap cars. You don't have to buy the expensive stuff, but it doesn't just cost more because they feel like it... ;)

indeed, i just got it cos i fancied it really. and yes, i bought mine from ehobby. And i really challenge the 'dont buy kit from them' shao, ive had a component dropleg holster, kydex glock holster, elbowpads, kingarms nomex gloves and they have all been great. and thier shipping is cheap and faster than the uk on some occasions. its cheaper to buy there than uk rippof prices,

shipping on it was pricey, but with an overall price of 80$ shipped, (£42) it was worth a try. and yes, plates are included.

Quick update for anyone who is (remotely) interested.

Based on the advice of you guys I have decided 'what the hell' and have now placed my order with E-Hobby.

Once it arrives I'll get some photos of it and do a review (Based on Titleist's rather cool review of the Real deal one) and let you all know what it is like ;)

Zag :D

Nice, thanks. I may pick one up as well if its decent. I just dont know if I'll be able to live with myself if I buy a FSBE and pouches for $200 :(

Get that review up ASAP!

Quick update for anyone who is (remotely) interested.

Based on the advice of you guys I have decided 'what the hell' and have now placed my order with E-Hobby.

Once it arrives I'll get some photos of it and do a review (Based on Titleist's rather cool review of the Real deal one) and let you all know what it is like ;)

Will you post the review here on or on a new thread? If you post on a new thread can you link to it from here please?

Cheers and looking forward to your review.

compareing mine to the viper molle chest rig i have, its identical in quality, maybe a tad better, mine hasnt been skirmished yet, but from the abuse ive given the viper, its doing well. plus it seems, from looking at the ASF one, it is identical, and they are just chargeing through the nose, as maybe that one has a name on it. how many things come from the same factory and have different names? Guarder and Action acogs for example... huge price difference there, identical item.

Will you post the review here on or on a new thread?  If you post on a new thread can you link to it from here please?

Cheers and looking forward to your review.

Good new E-Hobby have shipped it today Hurray!!! :D

Yeah I'll post the first cut review onto here so you all know where it is and, if its any good, then I'll put it on the reviews DB.

compareing mine to the viper molle chest rig i have, its identical in quality, maybe a tad better, mine hasnt been skirmished yet, but from the abuse ive given the viper, its doing well. plus it seems, from looking at the ASF one, it is identical, and they are just chargeing through the nose, as maybe that one has a name on it. how many things come from the same factory and have different names? Guarder and Action acogs for example... huge price difference there, identical item.

to be honest thats the same in almost every industry.

you pay for the name.

but of course you do get what you pay for alot of the time. so that doesnt always work.

Archived