CIRAS cheapness ;)

zagarol

i'm going for the land version, in a small.  Just enough space for all my airsofting needs but a nice tight fit (i can't stand kit moving about, that's why i attach my vest to my belt and my belt to my leg pouches, solid as a rock :D)

I realise that this vest can't be attached to your belt so i need it as tight as possible.

Darkchild

Don't forget you will get one less mag pouch if you get the small. From 1337Tactical eBay listing...

"Medium size: 1 2x M4 Double mag pouch

2 M4 Double mag pouch

Small size: 1 3x M4 Double mag pouch"

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err, no idea. Not much bigger or smaller than that, though.

It'll fit you - cinch it down as tight as it'll go, then open it up until it's just right. A medium will fit no problem and you'll get the extra space.

havoc, I am 5'9 (hey, I'm only 16 lol), and I weigh 150 pounds. I really dont want the small (not as much PALS, or pouches). With adjustment, will the medium fit me ok?

Should do. I'm only 16 too (barely!), so... :P

As a general rule, what size BDU shirt do you take? Take the same size if you want armour coverage (irrelevant in airsoft, really), or a size smaller if you want maximum mobility.

I take a medium and I run a medium CIRAS. Seems to work :)

I'm a borederline small-medium, though. I take medium because I like the extra room (it gets somewhat less sweaty, not that that matters with a CIRAS on). Medium still fits me fine.

Darkchild - have you checked these out? ....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eagle-Molle-Plate-Ca...oQQcmdZViewItem

(Apologies to those reading both CIRAS threads for repeating this!!!) I hadn't thought of looking at the plate carriers but looks like not a massive difference to the CIRAS.

This one is £87 delivered to the UK on 10 - 14 day shipping!!!

Might be changing my mind again!!!

my ehobby ciras turned up today :)

i'm really pleased with it. the quality is easily on par with my brother's bulle fsbe. it's not shiny at all btw.

i was a little worried at first, on the item description it said 'fits up to 5' 10'' ' and i'm just over 6' 1'', but put on the longest setting it fits me perfect. in the chest it fits fine too, (another thing i was worrying about, my chest is 50'', pita to buy shirts :( ). it fits well round my waist too (about 36''/37''), so if you like weight too, this will fit fine :D

earlier in the thread some one said that the velcro 'cuts finger', mine is fine with regard to this.

if you want a quality ciras, and you have enough sense to want one for a silly good price, i can certainly recommend these!

quick question for the others who have these, the bit that goes round the waist with 2 huge velcro bits that attach at the front, are they supposed to attach somewhere? on mine the hook sode of the velcro keeps catching the inside and pulling at the breathable material. i have taken it out for now and the vest fits fine, but i wonder if i am just doing something wrong :unsure: .

my ehobby ciras turned up today :)

i'm really pleased with it. the quality is easily on par with my brother's bulle fsbe. it's not shiny at all btw.

i was a little worried at first, on the item description it said 'fits up to 5' 10'' ' and i'm just over 6' 1'', but put on the longest setting it fits me perfect. in the chest it fits fine too, (another thing i was worrying about, my chest is 50'', pita to buy shirts :( ).  it fits well round my waist too (about 36''/37''), so if you like weight too, this will fit fine :D

earlier in the thread some one said that the velcro 'cuts finger', mine is fine with regard to this.

if you want a quality ciras, and you have enough sense to want one for a silly good price, i can certainly recommend these!

quick question for the others who have these, the bit that goes round the waist with 2 huge velcro bits that attach at the front, are they supposed to attach somewhere? on mine the hook sode of the velcro keeps catching the inside and pulling at the breathable material. i have taken it out for now and the vest fits fine, but i wonder if i am just doing something wrong :unsure: .

Hi Dechande,

Wow I have a 50" chest and 36 " waist as well and mine, also, fits like a glove. I am only 5' 11" though so a bit shorter in the torso.

I am using the internal cumberbund and it sticks against the inside front of the vest proper. If you see what I mean. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I will try to take a piccy of it for ya. :)

Zag :D

if you don't want the velcro on the inner cummerbund to stick the vest, dismantle it and turn the pieces over so the hook side faces your belly instead of the inside of the vest smile.gif

ok, i know where it goes now (thanks), but it doesn't do anything :unsure: it goes around you but doesn't hold onto the vest other than at the back. there are already the bits at the back that hold onto you, if you know what i mean.

what is the purpose of the extra band then, other than getting hot??

There are people that use it without the internal cummerbund and it's simple enough to leave them out when putting it together. I personally use it because it helps hold the vest down when running. Basically just an even more secure fit. Glad i could help you out.

Archived