CIRAS cheapness ;)

zagarol

And the AirsoftForce one had a good, and in depth review on ASR (www.airsoftretreat.com for people who dont know). Unfortunatly I cannot post on those forums anymore due to a new nooby admin named Atilla that they have now. I have like 3200 posts there yet I am...banned. Hooray for arnies, too many noobs on ASR anyways.

So anyways, read the one on ASR boomer, cause then maybe if you make some comparisons of marking/labels or whatever you will be able to see if it is actually the one on AirsoftForce.

Thanks boomer, +1 your way, I might order one depending on what the guy that just ordered one thinks of his...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boomer, what pouches (if any) does it come with, and what is the quality?

Also, is it OD, or that ungodly color that they show on ehobbyasia's item description? How come whenever someone takes a pic of one its always shiny?

I've got a real Maritime CIRAS with the real HSGI pistol mag pouches and BHI rifle mag pouches, and I hate to say it, but the stitching doesn't look much different. Hope it works out for you. Obviously there'll be differences, but yours was $70 shipped versus mine at over 10 times the price. I seriously doubt mine is 10 times better.

Its most deffinately OD, maybe a shade slightly paler. but looks almost indestinquishable.

You get and double m4 pouch that CAN fit 4 mags in, but i wouldnt do it in combat, its tighter than sledges purse strings.

a radio pouch, which tbh is cack

the pistol mag pouch, admin panel and utility are good though.

just dont expect them to take too much weight.

I can confirm the Pals loops are strong, i just placed an order with optactical for load of real gear to hold my kit. The combination i think is a very good bargain.

The vest fits nicely, and securely. and like the real ones, and phantom ive tried, its comfy. id say it was more confotable than the phantom.

The plates in it are hard rubber, but not heavy, and give some good stiffness and bb protection :) it will take real plates with no problem.

Its a cheap solution for a difficult problem. And it does its job :)

tho like i say, the included pouches certainly dont detract from the price payed, because they cost pittance to make :P

Hey guys,

I have started a new contract this week so haven't been around as much as usual ;)

Boom3r - thanks man I am now even more confident that I haven't wasted my monies. Also thanks for taking the time to chuck some photos up :D +1 for ya!

Looks like I should be receiving my CIRAS from E-Hobby sometime next week and once I have it I'll get some photos up together and do my review.

Zag :D

boomer, your sentence about the mag pouch confused me. So its just a single mag pouch that fits four, or two pouches that fit 2 each?

Thanks

Yeah it's here (Insert Smiley!)

Right on to stage one of the review:

Firstly a big thumbs up to E-Hobby asia for getting this to me in under a week. Another great delivery from them (Insert smiley!)

Ok on to the review. This is going to be in two parts.

1) Initial impression of the CIRAS and some pros and cons with it

2) Post skirmish review after I have been to Ground Zero on Sunday.

The CIRAS was delivered with all the pouches already affixed and the unit was setup in a medium style configuration which is a little too small for me.

First impressions are good the vest looks well put together and there isn't any obvious defects that I spotted.

After trying the vest in its shipped condition I tried an initial fitting and found that it was more of a boob toob :blink: than full vest.

So onward to adjusting the vest. On the rear part there is a flap under which is found the eyes and string bit (See Picture 1) these are not fantastic it has to be said as the eye holes were distorted and a bit pants to be honest. However I don't think this is such a big deal as they do seem pretty sturdy although they are obviously seconds :unsure:

After getting the sizing correct to fit me I started to play around with the configuration to get it more to my liking. Also I had ordered some extra pouches from AAKA Military

(Double grenade pouch and medic pouch! Although you will notice it is a triple one on there due to the doubles being out of stock and the great guys at AAKA supplying me the triple instead so I had it for Sunday! :D )

Also I got a couple of Viper modular pouches from Airsoft warehouse to fit on (Small radio pouch, medium GP pouch and small GP pouch)

This led me to a closer inspection of the molle rows (Is that the right term?). These seem pretty well put together and the stitching is pretty good. There are a few places where the stitching is fraying and also the spacing is slightly erractic. On the whole though pretty good. I certainly managed to get all the pouches to fit ok (Although see below)

Looking at the pouches they are mainly well made but the backing strips on a couple of them are a little short which makes them a bit of a pain to fit. Although this may just be me as I have never before today seen any molle kit up close so I may not have the technic down pat :)

The large radio pouch which is included with the CIRAS is a bit poo though it seemed poorly made as apposed to the M16 pocuch which seems reasonably well made and I think will last just as well as its more expensive brothers :P

The double pistol pouch is well made and even fits my MK23 mags :D So that rocks. Although (As shown badly in Picture 2 ) the right hand mag pouch has some bad fraying at the bottom.

Once everything was setup pretty well I donned the CIRAS again and tryed moving around. Err tactically. Ok basically I kitten crawled around my lounge until my wife told me to stop being a twat! :o The vest is comfortable, much more so than either my SAAV or my HK police vest, also once you have it setup it seems to stay put where I have set it which makes things easier when diving around the lounge!!

I also found that Donning and Doffing the vest is quite striaght forward. After undoing the cumberbund, Using the drag handle on the back of the vest allows you to quite easily lift the vest over your head and it's off.

OK that's about it for now. Like I put above me and the guys are off to Ground Zero on Sunday so I will finish the review after that (At some point as I actually have to do work in the day now :blink: ).

Please see the photos below:

Picture 1

a4d4bd79.jpg

Picture 2

3a952469.jpg

Picture 3

46164087.jpg

Picture 4

d7e4e473.jpg

Picture 5

4aa6283f.jpg

Hope you guys find this useful,

Zag

Note: Eek there is an emoticon limit!!!

Ok basically I kitten crawled around my lounge until my wife told me to stop being a twat! :o

HAHA - that made me laugh loads!!

Great review and thanks - I'd +1 you if I could!! Looks like with the odd couple of probs (fraying etc) that these could be 'other makes' that haven't quite passed quality control but are still basically a good piece of kit. I'll definately be getting one thanks to this and Boomers posts.

Looks like you won't be the only one wearing one at GZ when I eventually start going up there!!

Cheers

i've been thinking about getting one of these lately....

i think i'll go for it based of what i've read here...

i've seen the E-hobby asia ones...

but also another model...:

a Milspex Ciras on ebay at 49,99$ + shipping

worth it ?(is it the same sold on RedWolf at 150$?)

Ehobbyasia is going to put these places out of business with their kickbutt prices ;). We can rely on ebhobby to catch price gouging by these HK companies. Something $40 at ehobby is $150 at wgc/redwolf. I really hate how much the consumer in the airsoft biz get ripped off 99% of the time. The guns dont last long, 9/10 of them have internal issues or plastic bodies, and its rediculously priced.

But that headshot with a replica m4 keeps me in the sport :D

It's not really the same thing, you know.  Get one of each, and you'll see the difference, but not to say the cheaper ones are not usable, but they are just ... cheap in every sense of the word.

QFT.

The cheaper material feels as sturdy and durable as toilet paper.

It simply cannot be compared to the far higher quality replica CIRAS on RW.

I had been given it by someone, played with it for a day and passed it on to someone else.

Further visits to shops which sell this particular vest confirmed my thoughts about it

*edit* spelling

what do you reccomend then? The real one will set me back $500 plus pouches, ending my hopes for an Eotech, pistols, and other gear :(

I just need a tactical vest or plate carrier that when I wear it will make me look like im in war, not playing in a backyard airsoft skirmish (cough crossdraws cough), and preferably molle. What should I get JCY? Budget is $200-300 max :(

edit- but it also needs to be comfy, sturdy (as in not breaking/tearing), and doesnt hinder me.

Probably not gonna happen, right?

The "Phantom" or "MILSPEX" CIRAS are actually very nicely made. Perfectly capable of handling the wear you will expose it to by airsofting. It's just the eHobby one that's poopy.

Or, get a Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerband. That usually goes for $150ish without pouches, so a complete loadout there should be under $300. www.optactical.com has a good selection of pouches and a good price :)

The "Phantom" or "MILSPEX" CIRAS are actually very nicely made. Perfectly capable of handling the wear you will expose it to by airsofting. It's just the eHobby one that's poopy.

Or, get a Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerband. That usually goes for $150ish without pouches, so a complete loadout there should be under $300. www.optactical.com has a good selection of pouches and a good price :)

You're missing the point. The point is some people don't want to pay out the higher prices and not everyone is bothered about being Airsoft fashion freaks. This vest from eHobby fills the needs of those not willing to spend more on their gear than their house!! Also remember that those of us in the UK have to pay a lot more than the rest of you - either to buy it in country or to get it imported!!

If you don't like it and don't want it then great its a personal choice but remember some people will buy it and be happy with it and thats great too.

Cheers

Archived