CIRAS cheapness ;)

zagarol

You're missing the point.  The point is some people don't want to pay out the higher prices and not everyone is bothered about being Airsoft fashion freaks.  This vest from eHobby fills the needs of those not willing to spend more on their gear than their house!!  Also remember that those of us in the UK have to pay a lot more than the rest of you - either to buy it in country or to get it imported!!

If you don't like it and don't want it then great its a personal choice but remember some people will buy it and be happy with it and thats great too.

Cheers

I was answering the question in the post above mine.

Budget is $200-300 max sad.gif

edit- but it also needs to be comfy, sturdy (as in not breaking/tearing), and doesnt hinder me.

The Milspex / Phantom CIRAS fits that.

Riddle me this: Most people who buy this vest buy it because it's a "CIRAS". Not because it truly is practical or (referring to the eHobby one) of very high quality for the price you're paying. There honestly are better setups available for probably a lower price and of higher quality than this CIRAS. The GI-surplus Load Bearing Vests are probably just as practical, if not more so, than the CIRAS for most. But what is the difference? One is supposedly better looking.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to get the eHobby CIRAS. I'm not going to hold them down and stop them from making the purchase. But I will make it clear that the quality is no where near up to the standard that other replica CIRAS are, and should not be compared.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw zagarol's new ehobby ciras vest at AW the other day (purely by freaky chance) and the quality was really good, he let me hold it and have a proper look, the material feels sturdy. the vest seemed almost identical to the 'issue' ciras (don't know what brand but it was £150 retail) that was being previewed by a dealer at AW a couple of weeks back. on seeing it in the flesh, i immediately went home and ordered one :) .

at the end of the day, it is, imo just as good quality as one that would require a re-mortgage, and at £40 including pouches i'm not going to feel bad about smashing the ###### out of it (if i spent £150 i wouldn't want it to touch dirt lol). at £40 a pop, it is almost disposable meaning i'll probably have a better time with it and no guilt :D

I was answering the question in the post above mine.

Sorry I realise that now

I have no problem with anyone who wants to get the eHobby CIRAS. I'm not going to hold them down and stop them from making the purchase. But I will make it clear that the quality is no where near up to the standard that other replica CIRAS are, and should not be compared.

Fair enough - I guess it goes back to 'you get what you pay for'.

Cheers

i ordered two of them after seeing this post. i have also checked out on in real life, a friend here got a bunch of the same ones but not from ehobby, theres another ebay seller out of china whos selling pretty much the same setups but in more colours as well

i bought two cos i added up the costs of the pouches and figure its gonna be cheaper, so i m gonna strip the pouches from the second one and flag that off locally.

they are on the way so might have some reviews and piccies when they arrive

Morning guys,

Right very quickly as I am at work at the mo.

I took the CIRAS out for the day yesterday at Ground Zero and it performed excellently :D

I found it really comfortable, if a little hot as times :(

Also even though there was quite a bit on the front it still allowed me to crawl around in the bracken without scooping up a load of *beep* or leaving my pouches / mags in the field behind me.

All in all a very sturdy well made piece of kit that is simply superb value for the money. I would certainly recommend one to anyone!

I will try to put a proper review together this evening to clarify the whole experience but the gist is.. It is fantastic and possibly the best buy I have made in my short airsoft life so far!!!

Aye, and it's not just stuck up geardo eliteism either....

Would you save up to get a CA armalite over a TM one? Probably.

i did and OHMYBEGEEZERS its fantastic.

on the other hand, i have £60 pounds, no means of work due to a broken arm and am eyeing the KJ Works Mk23 Assassin verry carefully, anyone bought it? any good?

thanxx :P

:::EDIT::: oooop <_< i just realised how stupidly off topic this comment is, sorry lads, it was the best search i could find.

still, any help would still be appreciated.

And, in an atttempt to get back onto topic: whats the hong kong police vest like, im thinking of getting one in woodland camo, about £50 at my local army surplus, worth the pennies?

Yeah I know what you mean Boom3r we oughta atleast get 2% on every sell from arnies! Hehe :D

My new pouches arrived yesterday from www.airsoftsupplier.co.uk

Got myself a hydration pouch and a triple M16 pouch with pistol pouches on the front.

This means that I now have exactly 1 original pouch on my vest which is the medium GP pouch all the others have been resigned to the cupboard.

Do you use the admin panel that came with it? I have found it too long (I.E. vertically) for the remaining MOLLE rows I have left after chucking on the triple pouch.

Zag :D

Well I finally got a chance to review the piccys from the weekend and the only one of me in action with the CIRAS on is really blurred and you can hardly make it out :(

So there goes the in the field part of the review :(

However I have some more shots of it with all the new pouches on now. The vest is certainly worth the money although I have now spent over double the vest value on the pouches but hey I would have bought the pouches no matter what I paid for the CIRAS ;)

92534c13.jpg

e156be99.jpg

5fa32741.jpg

Boom3r - Ahh thought so does that mean that other admin panels will be shorter? If so I may consider one but to be honest I quite like the CIRAS without it hmm decisions decisions :D

Zag :D

The vest is certainly worth the money although I have now spent over double the vest value on the pouches but hey I would have bought the pouches no matter what I paid for the CIRAS ;)

I was all set to order mine when this comment got me thinking!! Zagarol/Boomer - how much do reckon you've spent on extra pouches??

It's just I went searching and have found 2 other possibilities on eBay that if you need to go and buy extra pouches, these might be good deals...

1337Tactical

These work out at around £125 delivered and are the better quality Phantom. There are a couple of different pouch cobinations although I think the first one looks better value for money.

PHANTOM 1 - CLICK HERE

PHANTOM 2 - CLICK HERE

Good For You

Now these claim to be Milspex but I'm not too sure but work out to be about £75 delivered

MILSPEX(?) - CLICK HERE

So what do you think? At least the Phantom and Milspex pouches shouldn't need replacing as I've read they are better quality.

Good For You

Now these claim to be Milspex but I'm not too sure but work out to be about £75 delivered

MILSPEX(?) - CLICK HERE

Just to let you know - this is not a real Milspex. Real Milspex is 1000D Cordua - this one is only 600D.

So its whether that Phantom vest is better value than buying a eHobby one and then a load of pouches.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Archived