CIRAS cheapness ;)

zagarol

So its whether that Phantom vest is better value than buying a eHobby one and then a load of pouches.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Go with the phantom. eHobby usually isnt too high quality when it comes to gear.

This one is high quality and at a good price. And comes with many pouches to get you started. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Eagle-CIRAS-...oQQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go with the phantom. eHobby usually isnt too high quality when it comes to gear.

This one is high quality and at a good price. And comes with many pouches to get you started. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Eagle-CIRAS-...oQQcmdZViewItem

LOL - thats the same one I linked to above. We've had a good discussion on the quality of the eHobby vest. Consesus is (from those that have them) that the vest itself is good but the pouches are not so good.

the worst pouch from the ehobby set is the tall-ish vertical one, the one with the PALS strips on it. one of mine arrived with a broken strap, and the zipped shagged inself in seconds. best pouch is the other big one with velcro and snap buckle (is that a radio pouch?? i dont have a radio that bit so i use it as a triple m4 mag or general purpose big-as pouch) the others seem ok too

Hey Zagarol,

The shoulder pads can be tucked into the slots on the back panel instead of being wrapped around them, and the straps from the front panel feed through this flat webbing belt loop just behind the slots on the back panel :)

I was all set to order mine when this comment got me thinking!!  Zagarol/Boomer - how much do reckon you've spent on extra pouches??

<snip/>

I think I have spent around £110 on extra pouches for mine, however even had I bought the Phantom one that you linked, I would still have spent around £50 on pouches as I wanted to get myself a small radio pouch (for my Motorola), Hydration pouch and triple (or double) 40mm grenade pouch.

So for my now complete load out (unless I cave in and start getting MC molle to go on it :unsure: ) I paid around £150 where as had I got the phantom one I would have been in for atleast £175 so, for the loadout I was after, the better buy was the E-Hobby one.

Having said that the links you gave do look pretty good ;)

I would say that if you are not looking for any other storage than that supplied by the phantom rig then go with that one but, meh, they are both cool :D

hehe i hate the radio, and like the utility, best one is the pistol mags, but there bad, i replaced most of mine with TAG pouches...

Hehe quoted for truth my vertical GP pouch is pretty good as well the zip seems pretty tough on it (I am using it to hold a pair of 3000 BB bottles), however the large radio pouch was just pants tastic! However I would imagine that part of the reason for these being so cheap is that quality control is not even in the manufacturers dictionary!! :P

Hey Zagarol,

The shoulder pads can be tucked into the slots on the back panel instead of being wrapped around them, and the straps from the front panel feed through this flat webbing belt loop just behind the slots on the back panel :)

Ahhh thanks for that matey. However I found it worked pretty well like that, as when I was in the field it made threading my Comms and water pipe easier.

I'll give it a try next time I am out skirmishing and see how I get on with it tucked in ;)

Do any of you gusy have any idea if the mag pouches would fit two Sig 552 magazines? With the built in clips they have they're a bit wider than regular M4 mags... Thanks in advance.

Not 100% sure mate. I know that the M4 pouches that come with the vest will not quite fit 3 MP5 mags side by side (See picture of my finished rig above) but with the new triple one they fit fine.

What is the width of the mags? I'll have a measure of them tonight and let you know.

has anyone bought a CIRAS package from 1337 tactical?  I'm looking at getting a small land type from them and was wondering about build quality, delivery time to the UK etc.

Darkchild

Some of his are Phantoms so are very good quality by all accounts - I'd check out Redwolf though as I think they are gonna work out cheaper - I'm just checking out their shipping costs to see which is cheaper.

a full kit from 1337 tactical works out at about £125 if that helps.

Darkchild

OK - Redwolf do a Phantom Land or Marine Ciras for $169.50 + $58.84 shipping to UK. This is about £121 but only comes with 3 mag pouches (its a triple as well which I don't like).

So its not a lot different to 1337Tactical

I think you actually get more pouches from 1337 if you go for a medium size.

Looks like I'll be getting mine from 1337Tactical then!!

OK - Redwolf do a Phantom Land or Marine Ciras for $169.50 + $58.84 shipping to UK.  This is about £121 but only comes with 3 mag pouches (its a triple as well which I don't like).

So its not a lot different to 1337Tactical

I think you actually get more pouches from 1337 if you go for a medium size.

Looks like I'll be getting mine from 1337Tactical then!!

Hmm be careful with the shipping costs.

1337Tactical has item 300017846132 which shows shipping at $49.99 and takes 10-14 days. But then he also has item 300015777868 which seems to be exactly the same vest/pouches but the $49.99 shipping option says 4-6 weeks!!!

I've sent him an email to confirm the shipping costs.

cool, do you mind updating me with the delivery info, i'm probably going to go for a 1337 tactical package too.

Darkchild

Darkchild - 1337 has replied to me and confirmed that the $49.99 shipping is surface mail so takes 4-6 weeks!! If you want it quicker you're gonna have to pay an extra $30.

For those of you that haven't seen it, there's a couple of threads running with a similar discussion, the other one is here - http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...st=40&p=947530&

i'm going for the land version, in a small. Just enough space for all my airsofting needs but a nice tight fit (i can't stand kit moving about, that's why i attach my vest to my belt and my belt to my leg pouches, solid as a rock :D)

I realise that this vest can't be attached to your belt so i need it as tight as possible.

Darkchild

Archived