Howdy from down South!

Sykox

Well howdy gents!

Just wanted to drop a quick introduction and this seems the place to do it. My name is Ron and I have been into airsoft for approximately 2 days and it is my 11yo son's fault. We went to a gun show this weekend, I was looking for a new real steel H&K sub compact, and my young son finds an airsoft dealer. Well...he just had to have this Boyi Bim4, all kinds of goodies for it. I tried to talk him into waiting until I could research the sport a bit but he was adamant. So...1 Bim4 bought. Now I have to admit, I know nothing about this sport and have never seen them before but this little thing was too dang cool. So I started researching a bit after I decided...as cool as it was the quality was not up to my personal standards. Apparantly we have a group that meets a couple times a month near our house and now I want to play to. So I just dropped a bit more on an ICS MP5 SD6. I bought it used with mods already installed, I haven't seen it yet but am hopefull that it lives up to the sellers description. I am sure I made a classic noob mistake by buying the one I thought "looked" the coolest but the ICS seems to have a pretty good rep also so maybe it wasn't that big of a mistake. Anyway...there is my airsoft introduction story. I found this place while researching the hobby and must say I am quite impressed with the caliber of info contained here.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Ron

Welcome to the Forums Sykox :)

Blaming the kids hey? -_-

I pretty much agree with what Sledge has to say. :)

Though, it might be an idea to look at the Classic Army MP5's as well - They are both full metal - But have small differences, if you are able to get to a store to hold and feel (caress perhaps :unsure: ) then its really worth doing :P

In the mean time, I don't suppose I could take a minute out of life and ask you to fill in This for me? Its nice for newcomers to introduce them selves :) - Its just a bit of fun ^_^

Rob

I filled out your questionaire so now you know all there is to know about me. :)

Unfortunately I have yet to find any brick and mortar facilities in my neck of the woods that carries any of this stuff. The ICS is already on it's way so hopefully it will satisfy.

And in response to your first question...YES...it is his fault. One of the wonderful things about kids, your own anyway, is that you can blame them for your hobbies and get away with it! The wife isn't buying that line but I keep trying. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived