CQB corner

101matt1

The majority of the games I play/marshall are CQB. I'm based on Guernsey in the Channel Islands, and our main site is a WW2 German gun battery left over from the four year occupation. The tunnel, corridor and room system is great for CQB, the games are made far better with the limited lighting the bunker provides and in the narrow corridors the sound of pyro is amplified greatly in comparison to that of an outdoor environment. The site is quite similar to UCAP in portsmouth which I have played several times. But on a far smaller scale, where in UCAP you could fit a car down most of the corridors, in the bunker in places it's challenging to stand two people side by side in a corridor. I find CQB far more exciting that the larger style of gaming I have experienced when playing games in mainland UK.

Cheers

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi,

as of now, i have yet to buy a stock pipe sling adapter for my m4 and am stuck to using a 2 point sling. i know i know... not very practical for CQB. in order to turn corners well, it usually involves switching hands when alternating left or right hand corners. i cant do this while wearing a 2 point. are there any special techniques or tips that can help me turn a left hand corner (i am left handed so this becomes hard) without exposing too much of my body while wearing the 2 point sling?

• 4 weeks later...

From spring to fall we usually play on woodland, but from fall, we often play in ex-russian barracks. The barracks usually inc. 4-5 40-70 meters long 2-3 levels high buildings. Our team invendted a special tactics for the long buildings: the assault guys goes in with heavy sniper/LMG support. After that, when they in, we use radio for conciliation, because the sniper(s) or LMG can shoot all along the main passage of the buildings from the minimum distance (the min distance for snipers is 20meters always, the min distrance for lmg is 10 meters from buildings). The assault guys do they job and they work as a bait too :)

And it works....

• 1 month later...

Woot, finally Unreal has another CQB site so I can get up close to folk again :D Ive missed it so much, I cant really remember how to play indoors.

Anyone got any good indoors/cqb missions? I am trying to work out games for a site which has basically 2 floors, with doors off a wide corridor into various sized rooms. I am splitting the players up into 4 teams, to allow more flexibility (teams can be combined, of course, depending on the scenario).

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

as of now, i have yet to buy a stock pipe sling adapter for my m4 and am stuck to using a 2 point sling. i know i know... not very practical for CQB. in order to turn corners well, it usually involves switching hands when alternating left or right hand corners. i cant do this while wearing a 2 point. are there any special techniques or tips that can help me turn a left hand corner (i am left handed so this becomes hard) without exposing too much of my body while wearing the 2 point sling?

Don't use the 2 point. Just let it hang until you need to use it.

• 1 month later...

Personally I carry 8 midcaps, plus one in the gun.

Most of my mates do the same, it is a nice number and since we all use ak's and russian vests, makes sense :)

My current local is a shopping village designer outlet which failed as it was in the middle of nowhere and had MAD priced shops.

Its called Freeport, in Livingston, which is right in the middle of Scotland, between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Fast paced action games, with an emphasis on close quarters on room clearing.

Great site to play at, and if anyone is ever in the area, I recommend you try it :)

There are a few arnies members who play there. So come along and say Hi!

Last week I had 6x14rd MEU mags and a Glock 26 at brit tac, so just under 100 loaded rounds.

Only went through 2-300 through the entire day.

Previous games at urban sites have ranged from about 500rds loaded in 85rd midcaps, to just a 450rd high cap, and even down to just 3x14rd MEU mags.

Also Brit tac airsoft in sheffield, if anyone is interested, is very good indeed :)

Theres a freeport near me...maybe if I can get them to shut down... ;) Theres sod all in there these days, and its all factory seconds. Says a lot when Burger King pulls a franchise outlet because they're losing money...but I digress.

SWAT Urban on the 24th, I had an M3 shotgun, 17 shells (never used more than 5). I really refined my rapid reloads and scored a 1 shot - 3 kills :D Despite my size and relative unfitness, I think I made a good account of myself :D

I love my stubby armalites and use 85rd midcaps in them...but really, I can't see me using anything but shotguns for a long time to come.

How many magazines and of what capacity do most of you CQB players run?

Currently running a KSC MP7 GBB, 3 x 40rnd mags, with a spare gas reservoir & enough bb's to reload the mags once over. 240rnds in total. Used semi only.

This is fine for most normal games against the average player with an aeg.

When encountering absolute mayhem hosefests, I switch to a G36C with the hero arms 1000rnd electro wind, & 3 x excel 1300rnd bottles to top it up. Nearly 5000 rnds, used in 'short, controlled', 3 -10 round bursts.

Somewhere in between is a P90 wtih 3Xhicaps, no spare ammo, 900rnds in total.

All examples are based on what I would need to, NOT run out of ammo, during the average 45 minute, re spawning game, involving upto 50 players a side.

Playing a pistol & shottie only, tonight: Marui Glock with 6 mags. Remote gas res & enough ammo to reload the mags. 300(ish) rnds in total. I doubt I'll use 100 rounds all night.

Greg.

All the indoor CQB sites I've played at have had a 600 round limit so I just carry that amount in hicaps as I don't like to wear a lot of kit indoors. For urban/CQB I'll usually use 8 mids.

Last week at Brit tac I was using 3 190 round hicaps for my M4 and two 200 round hicaps for my MP5.

Last week I had 6x14rd MEU mags and a Glock 26 at brit tac, so just under 100 loaded rounds.

Only went through 2-300 through the entire day.

Previous games at urban sites have ranged from about 500rds loaded in 85rd midcaps, to just a 450rd high cap, and even down to just 3x14rd MEU mags.

Also Brit tac airsoft in sheffield, if anyone is interested, is very good indeed :)

Were you the guy with a KSC MP7 on the 7th?
That's me :)

Having problems with it unfortunately though :(

Who were you (I might remember)?

Also, Guzzi, I'm the guy you shot after jumping out of the overturned cupboard on the top floor.

Pretty ninja-moves there ;)

Yeah as Guzzi said I'm the skinny guy who was wearing jeans, black long sleeved t shirt and black body armour.

Archived