CQB corner

101matt1

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Silence is important, hence midcaps.

I was cringing last CQB game, wearing new Oakley boots, that were squeaking like mad - couldn't stealth at all.

Do what I do when I buy a new pair of boots:

1. Put them on. (duh)

2. Go to sleep. (this is to let your feet adjust)

3. Wake up, run 1-2 miles in the boots. (break em in)

4. Enjoy.( :D )

Why do some people frown upon Digital Camo BDU in CQB?

• 2 months later...

Camo will depend on the location, I can't see how any type can be bad for CQB in general.

I carry two hicaps usually. I've just bought 8 locaps I'll be using in the future for the majority of CQB game types. (screw defending with locaps)

I was wondering if any other CQB sites do what my local does as I find it a really enjoyable game scenario.

Disposable earplugs are handed out to everyone and required to be worn, all lighting is changed to red bulbs which means you loose about 70% or more of your hearing and vision.

It's a roaming game, so no camping, everyone starts in threes. Becomes a very atmospheric round as you strain your senses for the signs of other players, can easily get split from group as in some places you have 0 visibility but it doesn't matter.

I just love it for the jokes, I've had some epic stealth kills. One of my best, I was lone wolf and narrowly avoided getting shot by a full team. I slipped into a dark corner and the entire team walked past, one even looked right at me but he was faintly backlit and I wasn't so couldn't see me at all. Then I double tapped each one in the back >:)

You also occasionally end up with a 4th player after going through a dark areas, this 4th player usually thinks he's being TKed when you shoot him :P

• 1 month later...

Folks, I would like to engage an opinion on DE/Tan coloured primaries on CQB games.

I'm far from being tacticool but make an effort to get most bits as right as I can.

My current CQB loadout is all black, mixture of Oakley and BH stuff.

How would a DE/Tan rifle look with a all black loadout? opinions please biggrin.gif

Folks, I would like to engage an opinion on DE/Tan coloured primaries on CQB games.

I'm far from being tacticool but make an effort to get most bits as right as I can.

My current CQB loadout is all black, mixture of Oakley and BH stuff.

How would a DE/Tan rifle look with a all black loadout? opinions please biggrin.gif

Well, I think it would look out of place UNLESS you went with some tan pants and possible tan shirt. Then it could look pretty cool.

• 2 months later...

Seriously guys, you need 5,000 rounds per game? Really? You have a bent barrel or something? I am talking 30minute/1 hour CQB games here not 8 hour MOUT urbanized multi-building deals.

Can we avoid turning this into paintball/speedball and actually aim?

I have run full CQB games pistol only against AEGs and walked out with far more kills than hits.

Oh and yeah I have people ask me if they can use motorized boxmags on my field... people scare me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking a bit, and just got a few questions.

1) Are there any decent shotguns out there. I mean, seriously, 3 shots per pump is a bit rubbish. The grenade launchers go part of the way, but the ROF is just too low to be of much use. Since airsoft is basically recoilless, there really ought to be some nice full auto shotguns out therel. Anyone got any ideas how to make one? Budget isn't a problem, so if I have to just have 60 40mm grenades in a GBB rifle of some sort that's cool. Any ideas would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently got myself a maruzen M1100 semi auto shotgun, great fun... Shell ejecting and a slight bit of recoil to it.... Each shell can hold approx 8-9bbs an the pipe can hold 7shells+1 in the chamber, I first tried it on green gas but that was causing it to stove pipe due to green gas making it cycle too fast for the shell to eject... Running it in 134 however has been perfect, only had one jam in around 30-40 shots so it just added a bit to the realism of clearing the jam

Only had it 2days and love it already, just need to find a shell catcher somewhere otherwise I will lose the shells no doubt

played my first ever cqb game on sunday at the mall and i barely got through one mp5 hicap the rest of the day i was using my DE shottie 3 shots is great it was soo much fun i doubt il even take an aeg next time. im sold on CQB now.

• 1 month later...

Deepeyes with what did he shoot you?? I've never seen anything like it and I've seen stuffed bb's under skin ...etc! I play on CQBs only after measuring the fps of the guns! The fps rule is for this particular reason! We go and play for fun not to take our eyes out!!

George

Deepeyes with what did he shoot you?? I've never seen anything like it and I've seen stuffed bb's under skin ...etc! I play on CQBs only after measuring the fps of the guns! The fps rule is for this particular reason! We go and play for fun not to take our eyes out!!

George

That definitely seems unsafe. I have clone Oakley gloves as well, and I've taken plenty of direct hits to the knuckle without them even leaving a scratch.

Archived