CQB corner

101matt1

Ok, I thought there is a sniper's perch, so why not a CQB corner? Well here it is: none other then: THE CQB CORNER!!!

Please keep it clean. You may post pics of: gear weapons events playing sites etc...

Just thought since I am not a sniper anymore, and am changing to a CQB expert, I should start this to get some ideas.

Now, I know there is not as much to discuss, but this is for the CQB experts!!!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since I am not a sniper anymore, and am changing to a CQB expert, I should start this to get some ideas.

You're changing to a CQB expert? :blink:

Anyhow, the Sniper's Perch is a useful thread dedicated to an aspect of airsoft which is almost completely different from regular combat and requires the attention of those in the know.

CQB is just regular airsoft, but at closer quarters... often with less cover and faster movement. As the name implies, it's just battle in close[r] quarters.

As far as weapons go... Anything that's not too long to maneuver in tightly spaced areas. Actually, anything apart from a bolt action rifle should be kosher.

CQB is just regular airsoft, but at closer quarters... often with less cover and faster movement.  As the name implies, it's just battle in close[r] quarters.

:blink: How do you figure?

-In CQC/B you need more protection than outdoors: full face protection (a mask) is a requirement, full-finger gloves that have additional padding or have armor on the outside are a good idea, and so is some sort of chest protection.

-In CQC/B FPS limits are much lower than they are for the outdoors at most venues.

-In CQC/B teamwork and co-ordination within fire teams is much more crucial than in the outdoors.

-In CQC/B, the fireteam must actually practice moving into and out of rooms in order to be effective, whereas the tactics for assigning movement in woodland is much simpler.

-In CQC/B, mid-, lo-, and real-caps are king for AEGs.

-In CQC/B, the role of Sniper and Support Gunner (outside of MOUT) is much reduced, given the reduced avenues of fire for the Sniper and the rattling of the Gunner's hi-caps or drum mags hinder stealthy movement with the rest of the fireteam. The role of Support Gunner becomes similar to that of Sniper: To deny access to certain avenues in order to protect one's flank or rear to the opposition.

-The role of Runner is created and the role of Scout is almost completely different. Runners (alt. Tunnel Rats) should be armed with pistols and would be tasked with clearing out extraordinarily tight quarters (such as cubicles). Scouts trade in their carbine for either a pistol or a bullpup carbine (shorty AUG, P90), replace their binoculars with a dentists mirror, and swap their quiet radio reporting for hand signals.

-The use of hand signals is much more important in CQC/B than in woodland. In woodland, the loss of stealth means simply that contact comes sooner rather than later. In CQC/B, the loss of stealth means you die.

-In CQC/B, camouflage is of less importance. Even in most MOUT situations, a Sniper does not nessesarily need camouflage.

-Extensive pre-planning before an op is a nessecity for CQC/B, whereas woodland ops can be much more fluid and responsive. If there is no planning for a CQC/B op, then you might as well not bring radios, because you're not going to be able to tell your team mates where you are, or what it is that your fireteam has gotten hung up on.

In other words, CQC/B and Woodland/Outdoors are completely different beasts.

D'oh... I think I've screwed up somewhere along the line.

I thought CQB just meant close quarters battle... as in, fighting in close quarters, not MOUT/FISH/Urban. A lot of the things you've mentioned are differences between woodland and urban.

Is CQB restricted solely to urban/buildings then? I assumed it could take place in woodland, and was just what happened when you're not at long-range engagement distances.

Also, why would Real/low/midcaps be better for CQB?

Sorry, just a bit confused, I've probably got some wires crossed somewhere along the line

Hi-caps and drums rattle and need winding (including autowinders).

Mid-, lo-, and real-caps don't.

In woodland, you'll generally have distance between you and the opposition, and so background noise will drown out the noise the hi-caps make. But in CQC/B, background noise will not be able to drown out the noise as you will be operating much closer to the opposition.

EDIT: Typo-daemon. <_<

Ohh, cheers for clearing that up.

Out of interest, has anyone managed to use a longer long arm successfully in CQB? I've been considering an M14 for my first (and only) AEG, and was just wondering if it's feasible to use a weapon that big in tight quarters, or if I'd have to get a Socom-16 length barrel for it.

scince i have never played woodland, i cant compare the two :P

I can however say that i have seen everything from EBBs to AEG M14s used, and used properly.

in CQB you need a quickdraw pistol. because when that mag runs dry, and it will run dry, you can either cower behind a wall to reload. Or snap a couple of pistols rounds in the right direction, maintain the advantage, kill every last darn mo-fo in the room, and then reload.

ok... where to begin.

Well first and foremost i am certified with HRT, and USMC Mout training.

rule 1. everything is your enemy. be it the floors, the walls, the windows, or even your own fireteam.

rule 2. everything is your friend.

rule 3. learn to take advantage of your surroundings.

rule 4. every role must be able to counter as another role (IE snipers can counter as Door breachmen. Or assault can counter as heavy gunner.)

rule 5. Never and i mean never get caught in the open or in plain veiw.

ok there are like 40 others. and each of those rules has about an hour long course that is supposed to be taught along with them.... i am not going into it now...

Just thought since I am not a sniper anymore, and am changing to a CQB expert,

I'm putting that in my sig, that is priceless.

And yes, in my eyes, cqb does change from normal skirmish gear, in cqb I wear an MCU 2/P mask, which I don't do in woodland, use 40mm's and pistols,vests instead of webbing, desert camo (any excuse really) etc.

yep.

that is a fact.

we were taught that you will die faster from stepping on a creaking floor panel than running out of ammo. matter of fact our sargent said if we were ever on the same fireteam. and he heard me step on something or make and echo. he would have my azz so fast it would 2 weeks before i could move again.

he was a good guy tho. taught me everything i know.

Archived