CQB corner

101matt1

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hiiiiiighly doubt it. That link you got is about as cheap as it gets.

Not quite true me old mucker you can get cheap vert grips here at E-Hobby Asia

They have them from $9.99 plus shipping so a bit cheaper than $50 of course they fit a ris rail so you will need one of those to fit it ;)

Zag :D

I find one of the most annoying problems on doorway entries is the problem of people not having a protocol for after they have been hit. The team needs a direction for hit players to go to clearly as dead folks. Its very common for stacks to lose momentum by running into players that just stop in the doorways after being hit, 'cos lets face it running thro door with 3 or 4 AEGs pointed at it is not going to end well for the front runners.

Of course the other problem is not organising stack properly and charging into room with no one behind you :rolleyes: and feeling a bit bruised and silly.

Mind you my best stupid incident involved me peeking into room not realising or hearing a stack being organised and then literally being knocked into the room by a riot shield as the lead guy didn't see me kneeling down! The oppos thought I was being heroic as they laced me up as I rolled across the floor. Ouch!

Well, my mates just cracked the glass after taking a BB hit from about 20m away. No idea what fps the gun that shot it was though....

loll get an eotech their unbreakable!!

Has anyone had any experience with these things? They're ugly as sin, but is it worth getting one to protect replica sights/scopes?

loll get an eotech their unbreakable!!

Um, no. NOT true.

If you take a direct hit at close range your EO will DEFINATELY crack. Then you're out many bills.

Cheap simple solution: trace the forward apeture of your optic and go to a plastics/plexiglass shop to get them to cut you a small clear piece to fit over the front. (Lexan preferably, but ¼ inch/6-7mm plastic will do)

Um, no. NOT true.

If you take a direct hit at close range your EO will DEFINATELY crack. Then you're out many bills.

Cheap simple solution: trace the forward apeture of your optic and go to a plastics/plexiglass shop to get them to cut you a small clear piece to fit over the front. (Lexan preferably, but ¼ inch/6-7mm plastic will do)

That was a (not very funny) joke. I realise that EOtechs aren't unbreakable, though they are very tough, but I've heard they come with a lifetime warranty anyway?

Um, no. NOT true.

Or, even simpler, go down to your local sporting goods store and pick up a clear scope cover. That way, instead of have to replace a lens, all you have to do is replace a cover. Unless you're using an open RDS. Inwhich case that's rather difficult, unless Kobras let you mount lens covers on the sun hood....

I find one of the most annoying problems on doorway entries is the problem of people not having a protocol for after they have been hit. The team needs a direction for hit players to go to clearly as dead folks. Its very common for stacks to lose momentum by running into players that just stop in the doorways after being hit, 'cos lets face it running thro door with 3 or 4 AEGs pointed at it is not going to end well for the front runners.

I've been told for that situation the hit person should put your arms up, yelling "HIT HIT HIT" but keep moving into the room. The key is to keep moving as you say, do NOT block the doorway. If the guy in front of you stops for any reason, shove him out of the way. One of my teammates described how in 'real life' he's had to grab suspects who happened to be just on the other side of a door and shove them out of the way to clear a doorway, but airsoft players may not appreciate getting handled like that.

Of course the other problem is not organising stack properly and charging into room with no one behind you  :rolleyes:  and feeling a bit bruised and silly.

We've been taught to put hands on the shoulder of the person in front of you, then from back to front, give the shoulder a squeeze when your ready, to help prevent that. Of course, it's easy to forget the details. There may be other methods out there too.

Or, even simpler, go down to your local sporting goods store and pick up a clear scope cover. That way, instead of have to replace a lens, all you have to do is replace a cover. Unless you're using an open RDS. Inwhich case that's rather difficult, unless Kobras let you mount lens covers on the sun hood....

You're right. I was mostly referring to the EOs though. If your optics are not round you probably will have to get a shop to cut you a piece of plastic to fit.

Archived