CQB corner

101matt1

Yeah that was me, showing it off after seeing it mentioned on IMFDB :P.

It is an odd one as it is somewhat open to interpreatation, such as I don't have my support arm tight to me chest, instead I make a kind of right angle triangle shape with my two hands as the right angle and the gap between my elbows as the longest edge. That seems to work for me, again adapting to what works for you.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to switch between high CAR and traditional Weaver depending on what I'm doing. I find weaver is pretty much my standard go-to stance when shooting, but high CAR is immensely helpful for going around corners with a pistol.

Hmm thought I'd ask this here .. but can anyone think of a rational reason why if I had an M3 wood stock made to fit a TM M3 that it wouldn't fit ...

Like in my mind all that holds the stock on is one screw so as long as I get it fitted right there should be no problem?

Well I am pretty certain a real steel one wouldn't fit so I am asking a few people if they think they can rustle me up one.

I think it would make it look a lot better than the horrible plastic stocks they have ... a very .. individual statement of a shotgun :D

I do recall a while ago that they could be made to take wood stocks (or the stock could be cut) but I can't find any info on it, but I am sure a good Google search will trump up a result or two?

Still if you are getting wood then you need the pump action handguard too, for the best look.

'FireKnife'

• 6 months later...

Ohh, cheers for clearing that up.

Out of interest, has anyone managed to use a longer long arm successfully in CQB? I've been considering an M14 for my first (and only) AEG, and was just wondering if it's feasible to use a weapon that big in tight quarters, or if I'd have to get a Socom-16 length barrel for it.

Dose it count that the british army used the SLR for 30 years in northern ireland?  IIRC, its actually a bit longer than the M14.

I've used a TM M14 in tight CQB before, down at electrowerks after I got one at wolf. I didn't find it too hard either, though I did get some strange looks from the supershort armalite players and the mp5 crowd.

Moving with the weapon at a high ready and muzzle up as well as being aware of your environment more than just towards your enemy is easy.

Recently I've used my L1A1 SLR in a village type situation, same thing applied as well as with a full A2 AR at NTAC in there arena. Its not hard but requires more thought than running round with a short AR or a sidearm.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Whats the total O/A length of that?  I've used full length M16VN, SLR & M14 as well as M4, Sten Mk5 & Thompson, tbh, other than a little bit more thought I think its exactly the same.

Edit, The mag change is more fluid on an M4, which is why I carry it in cqb now instead.

• 3 months later...

I went over to the embassy yesterday and , wow I can hands down say it was the best time i have  ever had at a cqb site , basicly everyone played fair , great games and amazing grounds to play on 

I used my Kwa kriss vector with eotech and silenser , after playing yesterday I am starting to like gbb guns even more :)

• 11 months later...

I've gone to urban assault quite a few times, mostly "back in the day". But went recently and took with me a riot shield (yep, that guy) it was good, worked well, but you definitely need a team Behind you that know how to operate effectively with you, or else people just hide behind you and no ones shooting but the enemy...

• 2 years later...

Archived