CQB corner

101matt1

ive got to say, CQB is the best game you will ever play in airsoft, it is way more fun than sniping

this is the place i used to play in (illegally) when i was a teenager a while ago

IMG_3831.JPG

yeah thats the entire field, an abandoned building 50 feet by 100 feet (15m x 30m) with two floors. obstacles and debris strategically rearranged on the first floor, bare second floor without obstacles except for a crumbling floor with HUGE holes on the floor for snipers (and safety hazard, its a 20 feet(6m) drop). my leg broke through the floor once and the 1st floor OPFOR shot me in the leg as it fell through their ceiling

we mustve been the dumbest set of teenagers to play in a place like this. now that im older (sort of) i wouldnt dare go back there lol. this building is in the middle of a 1280acre police training camp // airfield. we had to break into the complex through a hole in the fence and sneak and duck through a 1 mile long grass field to get to this place. (getting out was harder, cuz there were canine patrols involved)

there are police buildings and offices all around our playing site (the nearest one being 25 feet away). if they decided to walk in to inspect the noise and yelling we were making, we'd probably be shot. not to mention theres an US marines camp 2 minutes away from the building as well

but whatever, we were young (and stupid), and we didnt have cars =[, so we couldnt goto our nearest airsoft site 2 hours away

sigh* i havent played CQB in YEARS now. cant wait till my next (and first legal) CQB game next month, i'm going to use my VFC AKS-74u and my Maruzen vz61 Skorpion, the same guns i used at the warehouse. after playing countless times at the abandoned warehouse, i can honestly say, the shorter the gun, the better. and the best gear you can wear is casual, with NO ASSAULT VESTS. just wear something youre comfortable manuevering around with, no need for camo. sneakers > boots in cqb

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ive got to say, CQB is the best game you will ever play in airsoft, it is way more fun than sniping

this is the place i used to play in (illegally) when i was a teenager a while ago

yeah thats the entire field, an abandoned building 50 feet by 100 feet (15m x 30m) with two floors. obstacles and debris strategically rearranged on the first floor, bare second floor without obstacles except for a crumbling floor with HUGE holes on the floor for snipers (and safety hazard, its a 20 feet(6m) drop). my leg broke through the floor once and the 1st floor OPFOR shot me in the leg as it fell through their ceiling

we mustve been the dumbest set of teenagers to play in a place like this. now that im older (sort of) i wouldnt dare go back there lol. this building is in the middle of a 1280acre police training camp // airfield. we had to break into the complex through a hole in the fence and sneak and duck through a 1 mile long grass field to get to this place. (getting out was harder, cuz there were canine patrols involved)

there are police buildings and offices all around our playing site (the nearest one being 25 feet away). if they decided to walk in to inspect the noise and yelling we were making, we'd probably be shot. not to mention theres an US marines camp 2 minutes away from the building as well

but whatever, we were young (and stupid), and we didnt have cars =[, so we couldnt goto our nearest airsoft site 2 hours away

sigh* i havent played CQB in YEARS now. cant wait till my next (and first legal) CQB game next month, i'm going to use my VFC AKS-74u and my Maruzen vz61 Skorpion, the same guns i used at the warehouse. after playing countless times at the abandoned warehouse, i can honestly say, the shorter the gun, the better. and the best gear you can wear is casual, with NO ASSAULT VESTS. just wear something youre comfortable manuevering around with, no need for camo. sneakers > boots in cqb

It still looks like a fun place to play! :)

Not sure about breaking into a police field though... :unsure:

where's this 100 fps played then? In my regular CQB palace, we play 328fps. I can assure you it hurts like a beeyatch from 2 metres.

The field limit at the particular field Nine is referring to is 300fps (with a .2). This is 100fps lower than the typical field limit used for outdoor games around here.

Ropes?

You lot not heard of these wondrous things called 'stairs'? Even up here in Scotland we have them, handy things ;) (RAF EDZELL is excellent BTW. Nuclear bunker, and an airforce base to play in on top of it. Shootout's in the church and bar are awesome, and the bunker is dark and scary (and wet on the lower levels, very aliens in atmosphere) :D)

CQB kit is tricky as it's about speed and protection, Too much protection = too much weight/bulk, which equals you being knackered and getting hung up on doorhandles all the time. Trust me I've been there, charging down a corridor, got too close to a door, and YOINK! I land on my *albartroth* getting shot to pieces.

My personal preference is for black kit (chest rig, belt order, half face mask, MESH goggles (I ALWAYS fog up), etc.), lightweight helmet.

I am booked to play here on the 21st Nov for my first night game. Played in the normal AEG daytime games. How many people turn up. Is it semi auto? What kit do you use? Is it all in the largest buildings?

Normally I where black. Not to much in the way of extra kit to reduce noise and getting snagged. Try and only shoot at what I can hit to keep as covert as possible. I use UMP at Urban Assault usually as it's compact and does the business.

I have never played woodland, i only got into airsoft because I wanted to play CQB urban sites...

Thing that kills urban is when nobody will move up. The people who tend to be aggressive and work in numbers seem to do better.

• 4 weeks later...
Night time CQB is the greatest airsoft experience you'll ever find. We play at Urban Assault in Upwood.

+1 It's my ultimate joy (bar copius amounts of sex!)

;)

Seriously tho, I love it. I always play as a terrorist just to buck the trend of "black kit" and police/SWAT load outs. plus you can have more fun with your load out. I'm currently working on a fake bomb vest for comedy value.

K_K

• 4 weeks later...

yeah ive never understood the point in an m4 smaller than a cqbr personally after that your better using an smg like an mp5 or a friggin p90(BUT NEVER with a box mag!!!!)

ive been playing with an m4 m203 combo in cqb for quite a bit now but have decided to give myself a bit of a challenge and use an m14 EBR...next step full length m14.

For me personally there is nothing quite like taking noobs on their first room clearing watching them jump just as high as the folk in the room when the flash bang goes off.

....And setting up a dummy gun in a room and double tapping people in the back with your pistol when they go to attack an unmanned rifle...classic!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone played with a G&P stubby killer yet? How is it? Looks awesome for CQB, I reckon Im gonna get one :D

Got one winging its way to me as I type.

i dont see the point in the stubby killer... just get an mp5

Armalites work well for me, not keen on MP5's. Plus I can use my existing M4 mags.

The zombie killah style helped sell me though :)

• 2 months later...

In the site I play in, CQB literally means room clearing. (12 rooms, to be exact)

Fast, intense, dangerous, and a great adrenaline rush. Just the way I like it :lol:

BTW, does anyone have suggestions of how to breach a room with minimum casualties? Cos 1 outta 5 people thats breaching usually gets killed. And we can't use nades. <_<

ilikepie~

• 2 weeks later...
Anyhow, the Sniper's Perch is a useful thread dedicated to an aspect of airsoft which is almost completely different from regular combat and requires the attention of those in the know.

CQB is just regular airsoft, but at closer quarters... often with less cover and faster movement. As the name implies, it's just battle in close[r] quarters.

As far as weapons go... Anything that's not too long to maneuver in tightly spaced areas. Actually, anything apart from a bolt action rifle should be kosher.

Have to disagree with you there, CQB has very specific strategies that require quite alot of consideration.

Kit-wise . . . its not so much the gun thats important, although a snub-nose like the p90 or (if you can live with the magazine issues it's renowned for) the mp5 is easier to wield in a tight spot than a longer barrelled m14/G36 and so quicker movement to a firing position is possible, and there is the choice to consider wether to even bother with the AEG and just take either a shotty or a pair of pistols for an even lighter loadout but having to sacrifice 600rpm and high cap magazines to do this, but i digress,

The key issues as respect to kit come in the form of weight descisions, You can load up with lots of useful pyro's, spare mags, mirrors for looking round corners with, high-tech radio equipment, body armour due to proximity to the enemy firers, the list goes on.

Alternatively, a faster moving target is harder to hit, less easy to prepare for, more difficult to hear approach because you don't have the kit clanking about, and can jump across a corridor in the blink of an eye.

Then there's the different strategies to think about, cqb may have similarities to open skirmish, but it's intensity means that you have fractioned split seconds to react to enemy movements, are more isolated from the rest of your team than in openfield, structured command & communication become essential parts of any game due to visibilty being severly limited by walls everywhere, are there any traps? is there an ambush setup in some sneaky little corner waiting to take out your whole entry team? is that doorway you have to cross manned? Is the room that door leads to clear or will you be attacked form behind once your team passes?

CQB is definately very different in terms of thinking to a more generalised skirmish game imho. to take a corridor can cost alot of lifes, to take a building might wipe your whole outfit out!

Also the defenders have alot of things to think about, where are the weakpoints? is a fast, clever or strength in numbers attack capable of breaking through the strong points? is this attack a feint? if they breach through the front line defences, do we have a second line that can prepare for it? Will smoke stop us from fighting effectively (smoke is always denser in confined spaces and also lingers for longer). What was all that noise down the cooridor?

i have played 4 woodland skirmishes out of nearly every weekend airsofting this year...

URBAN

FOR

THE

WIN.

and yes Basho, i dont need help clearing rooms thanks

i invite the darkangels to come upto lightfighter urban in sheffield,

a real cqb site, we arnt a manufactured speedball esque urban site in a london warehouse or whatever. We skirmish in a real world location. With real rooms, real game situations, and zomg outside bits...... and the kind of site where you cant take your one hicap and gun and go doing daft john woo moves.

so if you angels think your so hot at urban, come have a go...

must warn you...

its grim up north...

I've got to say pozzie, your invitation had a bit of a one sided feel to it in my eyes, If you wanted to stake your claim as a CQB master you should really head south and play his site not the other way around. it's easy to have the edge when you're on the home turf know all the possible hidey wholes and ambush points your team /his team could use and generally have a map of the battlefield imprinted in your mind. Better yet, why not meet on neutral ground? That way it's all about the skill not who knows where they're going! Now that sounds like a game :D

Archived