CQB corner

101matt1

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lo girls and boys, im a regular cqber resideing at LFU in sheffield. Currently in the role of squad marksman/ sniper for baracade situations and support for building entries.

do a fair bit of door kicking to with my custom SD6. nothing like the sound of a mk5 ringing in your ears and bbs flying in close quaters :)

i have a small mirror i modified, covered with perspex, and attached to an old telescopic radio antenae. which is practical, and ive used it to great sucess. but a friend of mine is an electronic engineer, who is designing a 'wand' like in the SWAT4 game, he intends to skirmish useing it, should be intersting.

no sadly, hes makeing it as a one off for now, as something for our team to test and evaluate for usefulness.

its useing a mini playstation screen and hopefully fibreoptics camera.

im makeing a simpler version myself with a small wireless camera attached to my ris, transmitters etc in a pouch, hard wired to a perspex covered screen on my NV mount on my protec. blindfire nolonger exists... :)

All this talk of RDSs is great and all, but sight units are usless unless your firing stance is good.

Get the stock in your chest (not sholder) so that when you look through the sights your head is flat (side to side, i mean) and not bent over.

Tucking your elbows in is good, but not totaly nessasery.

Then when you slice the pie, you can stance up, and lean from your hips and waist. This means that you don't accidentally stick your foot out and get BBs pinging of your boots.

If you have a lot of practice you can do this without a RDS, hell without even iron sights! But i allways find a good aiming unit is important for shooting the 3" of head poking out the doorway down the corridor.

Are you after a full vision screen or monocular? Also what res are you looking at? I can already do the thing in the pic using my guncam just have to look at the screen on my lap as I'm using a Digital VCR. The ergonomics isn't as good but the engagement ranges mean that your screen will have to be hard as nails. The tupperware box I keep my recorder in has cracks from shot and its in a vest!. The camera is not wireless but it is IR sensitive for use with an IR illuminator, that could prove to be very useful. Also wireless cameras usually do not have the low light sensitivity need for CQB.

There is also the the ethical question of using tool like this as far as those who do not have the means or technical ability regarding the blindfire rules.

when i did my Landwarrior project i just used one of those mini "spy camras" the really small ones. mounted inside my PEQ2. and then a did a small 2x3" LCD screen on my left arm in a custom molded foam are wrist band type thing. with Plexiglass over it.

IT was rock solid until I dove off a small ledge into a "Pile of leaves" turns out it was about and inch of leaves of s pile or rocks... needless to say i had to buy a new PEQ box for my battery and have yet to rebuild the LCD screen.

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread.

I would like to see if you all agree with me, isn't CQB about the cheapest 'role' you can play? Because I dont have that much money...

And I also had another 'gun camera' idea. I thought maybe, if you could get a camera phone, and put the lense on the front of the gun, and wire the screen to your helmet like on GRAW. You know the cross com.

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread.

I would like to see if you all agree with me, isn't CQB about the cheapest 'role' you can play? Because I dont have that much money...

And I also had another 'gun camera' idea. I thought maybe, if you could get a camera phone, and put the lense on the front of the gun, and wire the screen to your helmet like on GRAW. You know the cross com.

That's the method that everyone's been discussing, but a camera phone's an unnecessarily expensive way to do it, as you pay more for all the features, when you only need a camera, and a screen.

And why do you see CQB as a "cheap" role?

CQB:

gun

light clothing

RD (red dot)

From what I gather, CQB/MOUT -

Flashlight

Ton of pouches/Vest (As low/midcaps are better)

Dump pouch, or somewhere to put the mags

Decent handgun in a quick release holster

Heavy clothing

Radio/Communications

Lots of valuable time spent training with teammates.

Of course I'm probably being excessive, and this is not all that you _need_ to play CQB. But when you boil sniping/cqb to the essentials, all you need is:

Gun

From what I gather, CQB/MOUT -

Flashlight

Ton of pouches/Vest (As low/midcaps are better)

Dump pouch, or somewhere to put the mags

Decent handgun in a quick release holster

Heavy clothing

Radio/Communications

Lots of valuable time spent training with teammates.

Of course I'm probably being excessive, and this is not all that you _need_ to play CQB.  But when you boil sniping/cqb to the essentials, all you need is:

Gun

Ok, so maybe I was wrong...

But anyway, I think CQB is more fun. Crouched behind a couch BBs flying everywhere...

awesome.................

Id like to think im expeiienced at cqb airsoft, and having done obua training with the militery one thing is clear... - 'lots of pouches' = no no, too bulky and your screwed. you bump into things, get stuck etc. now what really is needed. mostly, is;

a short barreled weapon,

any clothing really,

coms are essential, tho realise inside and in built up areas range is reduced greatly,

dump pouch? if speed is necesery drop em, and collect mags when all clear is called on the building your assaulting.

big principal - KIS - keep it simple. more factors involved, the more things that can go wrong. and yes, practice with a your team is necesery, you need to know where they will go on entering a room, how they think, how they react so you can react yourselfwithout hidnering them. master teamwork, and its hard to stop you.

and afterall, casualty rates in obua are as high as 60%...

Id like to think im expeiienced at cqb airsoft, and having done obua training with the militery one thing is clear... - 'lots of pouches' = no no, too bulky and your screwed. you bump into things, get stuck etc. now what really is needed. mostly, is;

a short barreled weapon,

any clothing really,

coms are essential, tho realise inside and in built up areas range is reduced greatly,

dump pouch? if speed is necesery drop em, and collect mags when all clear is called on the building your assaulting.

big principal - KIS - keep it simple. more factors involved, the more things that can go wrong.  and yes, practice with a your team is necesery, you need to know where they will go on entering a room, how they think, how they react so you can react yourselfwithout hidnering them. master teamwork, and its hard to stop you.

and afterall, casualty rates in obua are as high as 60%...

Ah righty, cheers. I suggested heavyish clothing just to take away some of the sting of close engagement distances...

And re the pouches, is it better to carry fewer mags and less ammo as a tradeoff for maneuvrability then?

Archived