CQB corner

101matt1

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah righty, cheers.  I suggested heavyish clothing just to take away some of the sting of close engagement distances...

And re the pouches, is it better to carry fewer mags and less ammo as a tradeoff for maneuvrability then?

ironically no, obua operations are the heavyest in ammo useage. what is best is a backup man in the team with a daysack, and spare ammo/mags. ie, carry, maybe 3 into the building in your attack, then pick up gear once you consolidate. speed and maouverability, gentlemen.

A funny one guy in my unit did on a recent obua ex, was to remove a double ammo pouch from his plce webbing, dump his webbing, fit the ammo to a belt and bungee it to his leg... hi speed low drag... and bloody more effective than trying to fit through a doorway in full plce... needless to say he was the one we put through windows and mouseholles....

Real steel CQB training means nothing in airsoft. We had a police firearms trainer come down and take us around electro and, well, he said that they would never commit a team to such a location as it was impossible.

Yeah, well I assault it every week.

Real training and airsoft are different in the extreme and chest beating means exactly squat.

You want to be good at CQB? Learn your weapons very well. learn to draw, reload, and shoot your pistol. In the dark. Under fire. It is all about weapon skills at speed.

Learn to move silently in your game shoes. Learn to think laterally and follow the basic fundamentals of squad based combat:

Find 'em

Fix 'em

Flank 'em

Finish 'em

Learn when to rush and when to fade.

Learn to replace your fear of the hit with agression in game.

Rinse, repeat for about a year. Bingo! You're good at CQB.

There, saved you $2000

Real steel CQB training means nothing in airsoft.  We had a police firearms trainer come down and take us around electro and, well, he said that they would never commit a team to such a location as it was impossible.

Real training and airsoft are different in the extreme and chest beating means exactly squat.

You want to be good at CQB?  Learn your weapons very well.  learn to draw, reload, and shoot your pistol.  In the dark.  Under fire.  It is all about weapon skills at speed. 

Learn to move silently in your game shoes.  Learn to think laterally and follow the basic fundamentals of squad based combat:

Find 'em

Fix 'em

Flank 'em

Finish 'em

Rinse, repeat for about a year.  Bingo!  You're good at CQB.

There, saved you $2000

tbh, they wouldnt commit a team, A)because it would result in casualties for them, (doesnt matter for you, you regen, ever survived a day without being hit?)

and B) its designed to be an assault teams nightmare... or it wouldnt be fun for airsoft would it?

and not all cqb airsoft is the electrowerkz brand...

Real steel CQB training means nothing in airsoft.  We had a police firearms trainer come down and take us around electro and, well, he said that they would never commit a team to such a location as it was impossible.

You want to be good at CQB?  Learn your weapons very well.  learn to draw, reload, and shoot your pistol.  In the dark.  Under fire.  It is all about weapon skills at speed. 

Learn to move silently in your game shoes.  Learn to think laterally and follow the basic fundamentals of squad based combat:

Find 'em

Fix 'em

Flank 'em

Finish 'em

There, saved you $2000

WOW! I am going to practice now...

ok here you are wrong and right.... everything you said to do... is exactly what we learned in school... just on a much higher level.

for one we trained with salt rounds...

Also as far as " We had a police firearms trainer come down and take us around electro and, well, he said that they would never commit a team to such a location as it was impossible. " Goes... first he was a Firearms trainer. not SWAT. Number 2 Airsoft sites are made to be fun. and usually the absolute worst scenario possible.

Now on the other hand... everything you mentioned is about perfect for home exercises..

If anyone wants them. i can type up some of our single person and buddy (2 or 3 person) training drills. they really can help improve timing and such.

Find 'em

Fix 'em

Flank 'em

Finish 'em

There, saved you $2000

I think some of you guys are gettin 2 types of CQB confused

First CQB type: Flame me not, it is a adaptation of Speedball, which is hella fun, dont get me wrong, and i dont live in the UK so i have not been to the Electrowerkz site, but i get this type of impression. The same tendencies are there that are present. You have a course which is designed for such engagements with appropriate cover provided. One team has advantage over another because of the structure of the arena. Which is fine and dandy, i dont mind the extremely fast paced action and recklessness(playing style, not safety) You dont see guys decked out in the Gucci gear or Multi Glam for this, its you a few mags and nice sneakers.

Then we have the second form of CQB: Which is more of a Swat/ MOUT training engagement. You see guys with gear prepped to go on for hours. Pre existing teams that train together, and use a little more advanced team tactics than "cover me" or "go left". Room clearing techniques come into play, methodical positioning and formations. This floats way over to the more milsim side of airsoft created by player who are ex mil or ex police or those who seek the geardo and milsim side of airsoft. This is something like Operation Irene(big event at Army MOUT base in US).

You get things like organized squads with weapon restrictions.

Look, im not saying that you are going to just play one or the other, there is definetly hybridization. Also im not saying that the MOUT isnt fun, but it goes along with the milsim. The first type has fun paramount as KrazyL said and everything else second. Its just a rant at guys who are saying one thing and other who are on the other side of the road.

I learned one good thing about reloading your main weapon, don't reloaded it until the area you're in is clear. Take your secondary out a shooot.

I was reloading my UMG behind a wall and a enemy open the the door and came in. I just sat there frozen,looking at the door. The dude showed some respected and didn't shoot me, he just told me to go to the respwan point and so I did.

If you were wondering why I was sitting, I dove though a opened door, closed it, and sat.

tbh, they wouldnt commit a team, A)because it would result in casualties for them, (doesnt matter for you, you regen, ever survived a day without being hit?)

and B) its designed to be an assault teams nightmare... or it wouldnt be fun for airsoft would it?

You missed the point. Most of the tactics he trains were not applicable to airsoft. Some were helpful and some were not. The DA's have organised CQB training sessions with the Welsh police every now and again and I am sure Janno or Darkangel1 could comment on them for you.

As for the police guy, it is my understanding that he was SO19 (ie SWAT).

The Electro style of CQB is mixed. There is loads of room entry and doorway skills, as well as many stairs and fixed position ambush points. The Speedball area is on the top floor and used for actual speedball only once or twice a night. The rest of the time the top floor is just another floor. It is fair to say it is hardcore, bubt thats just the way we play it ;)

I have played Urban/CQB is quite a few places now including Longmoor, FF Amhurst tunnels, Spectre and Fallout and the skills we bring from Electro; the skills I commented on above; all prevailed against the opponents.

Basho

I have played Urban/CQB is quite a few places now including Longmoor, FF Amhurst tunnels, Spectre and Fallout and the skills we bring from Electro; the skills I commented on above; all prevailed against the opponents.

Basho

Lets be honest here basho, .. There wasnt much opposition for you at Fallout was their?

;)

Hey mate, don't do yourself down ;)

Thats my job!

:P Who said i was putting myself down?

Just saying, that when you lot were down, .. there was 2 on my team, that as soon as they heard you (Darkangels) coming, they would call themselves out.

I'll always remember staying in a room, .. and ending up being the last one in their, .. until G_R (i think) chucked a Pyro in.

Man, I remember my first CQB match. It was my first airsoft skirmish...

Constrution site, newly built houses, chaos...

I had a Mini AUG... I was playing against UTG MP5's, WELL M4's, CYMA AK's, and one TM AK...

I still got welps, but it was fun.......................... barely

I got out 24 times, and got 2 kills.

i have played 4 woodland skirmishes out of nearly every weekend airsofting this year...

URBAN

FOR

THE

WIN.

and yes Basho, i dont need help clearing rooms thanks

i invite the darkangels to come upto lightfighter urban in sheffield,

a real cqb site, we arnt a manufactured speedball esque urban site in a london warehouse or whatever. We skirmish in a real world location. With real rooms, real game situations, and zomg outside bits...... and the kind of site where you cant take your one hicap and gun and go doing daft john woo moves.

so if you angels think your so hot at urban, come have a go...

must warn you...

its grim up north...

Man, I remember my first CQB match. It was my first airsoft skirmish...

Constrution site, newly built houses, chaos...

I had a Mini AUG... I was playing against UTG MP5's, WELL M4's, CYMA AK's, and one TM AK...

I still got welps, but it was fun.......................... barely

I got out 24 times, and got 2 kills.

The funny part there is you got 2 kills with an AUG mini :P

CQB, best *beep* out there and hardest *beep* to do....I have a specific loadout for it right now, but I think im gonna ditch the Pointblank FSBE and go for a RAV in Smoke Green...

Tricking out my helmet as well is nice, get some ESS goggles and finish the first line with a Safariland and a pistol...

Other than that, woot.

Well i have done limited CQB but i can put up a good idea of things you want to have. This is more MOUTish type

SMG- i have an MP5k which i have not yet to use, but my mc51 has served well. While i detest it most of the world uses some type of armalite m4, which means you have a gun that is kinda good at range and kinda good indoors. Im more of a have a gun that sux at one type but roxorz at the other. Hence G3, and MP5k. Not at the same time, yet.

Gun accessories-Mag Clamps, Magpulls, Buttstock Mag Pouches, Cheap Star Mags

Novel Ideas(or not)-buy star locaps so when u are playing your reload time doesnt consist of worrying about the empty mag. My friend has an m4 with the magwell filed down so the mag will simply drop out. Thats it dont worry about it, put your name on the bottom or spray paint it some wild color. This drops the reloading time to half. If you dont have this option, then i suggest a Rolly Polly large on your first line(belt) not because you need the size but sometimes the medium i have trouble finding the hole in a hurry. You can make magpulls with paracord easy, one guy i know made them completely from duct tape. Or you can get a 3 pack for like $5. Easily reachable mags. Tactical Tailor has the mags which has the bungee retention, hence no flap you have to pop open. Always have the direction the bullets would be pointing going to your strong side. When picked up properly this elimnates having to flip the mag with your hand. This is more or less a problem depending the shape of the mag(ak-duh, m4,g3-maybe not so duh) I dont find that you need a whole bunch of mags, i shoot semi indoors so i can make it with 6 100 round mags for a while. Get the most simple vest unless you are at an extended op which requires other items. A simple rig which has 3 or 4 double mag pouches and 2 larg utility pouches it perfect. That with a small camelbak(2L Sabre) is perfect. Second, take all that ###### off your airsoft guns unless its a vertical grip. Torches are fine at night, but all the other cute milsim stuff you guys have, like scopes on a m4 going 350fps, take it off, u just need basic iron sights for these distances(as if you ever need scopes) strip that gun down to exactly what you need. This is whyi favor Marui stock guns. They shoot 280 fps which i Cqb is perfect, the maru smgs have little creak due to their length, and they are lightweight so u are carrying as little as possible. Get a 1 point sling or a sling that directly attaches to the vest. This is to let you let go of the main gun and draw the side arm without worrying. The safariland holster is cool i guess but a good ol HSGI will do u. I see alot of guys wearing thier thigh holsters in the niddle of the thigh or lower. That is ridiculous. If you cant reach your sidearm standing up using only your hand something is wrong. Seeing guys contorting sideways to pull a pistol is silly. I draw my pistol and in my other hand draw another magazine in the begininning, so you dont have to go back down to get it. DONT DROP pistol mags, most cant take the abuse, dump pouches or those large util pouches are good for this use. The only other thing i can thing of is just think light, you can have an advantage in you mobility alone, take all that ###### you dont need off.

Archived