CQB corner

101matt1

Sorry, but how is shooting left and right a good thing? i cant see a practical benefit...

You are right handed. You are about to come to the end of a wall, where you will need to be able to shoot. Would you rather come completely out of cover and shoot right-handed, or be able to shoot from cover by switching the gun to your left hand?

:zorro:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
matt: no you do not need any head protection whatsoever. However, I just usually wear a combat cap/boonie/baseball cap depending on what loadout I'm using. Just make sure your eyes are covered! that's the most important part.

Woot! just got back. We did a little back yard skirmish, and CQB drill. My CM 028-s OWNED! (only competition was his DE M47 pistol grip, but competition none the less) Don't worry we both wore eye protection. I found slings are not good for switching shoulders...

Woot! just got back. We did a little back yard skirmish, and CQB drill. My CM 028-s OWNED! (only competition was his DE M47 pistol grip, but competition none the less) Don't worry we both wore eye protection. I found slings are not good for switching shoulders...

Have you actually been to a properly organised CQB event?
matt: no you do not need any head protection whatsoever. However, I just usually wear a combat cap/boonie/baseball cap depending on what loadout I'm using. Just make sure your eyes are covered! that's the most important part.

though the important part is covering your eyes, the next important part is protecting your head. CQB is indoors, and indoors only...MOUT is outdoor urban, its a whole new world...CQB is in confined spaces with limited mobility...you basically are required to wear a helmet for your safety and keeping it as respectable as possible...Ive been to more than enough places to know these rules and I see youve been shooting Cymas and such...those hold no power...try a blast from an upgraded TM, youll thank me if you ever play a propper CQB game and you wear a helmet. :D

Have you actually been to a properly organised CQB event?

While organized CQB and MOUT events are quite common in the UK, they are somewhat of a rareity in the US. Especially for those of us who don't live near where those events are generally planned (such as California).

Yeah thats why for CQB its more feasible to use non upgraded guns(spring wise)

Or for MOUT(the indoor part) there is this other function on airsoft guns called semi

Just a humble suggestion

Some guns (like aging P90s and AUGs) lose the ability to go semi-auto.

While organized CQB and MOUT events are quite common in the UK, they are somewhat of a rareity in the US. Especially for those of us who don't live near where those events are generally planned (such as California).

Sad, but true (I live in Mississippi <_< )... I am TRYING to organize MACT. (Mississippi Airsofter's CQB Team) It is REALLY hard organizing a team... But, I try. So far, it is me and cabcat... :(

If you live in Mississippi, and would like to join (unoficially), send me a PM. Right now, signing up is more to see who would actually be SERIOUS about playing. Also, if you are visiting mississippi, and would like to play, just send me a PM!!!

Does anyone know if there a good colour for a torch in smokey conditions. I just played a game in a bunker complex and after pyros, vis was down to 2m and some of it was in total darkness too. When torchs were lit up all I saw was a wall of white,(which tended to attract fire).

Archived