CQB corner

101matt1

And to Matt101, how do you like your new gun?

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some 70 rounders mags, but I also need the money to buy them. I love CQB now, and one of my friends who recently bought a CM 027j and I practiced CQB enter and clear on my dads huge storage facility. My CM 028s was da bomb!!!

And, I would also like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread, even if your responses were negitive. But come on, we need pictures of CQC corses!!!!!!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohh, cheers for clearing that up.

Out of interest, has anyone managed to use a longer long arm successfully in CQB?  I've been considering an M14 for my first (and only) AEG, and was just wondering if it's feasible to use a weapon that big in tight quarters, or if I'd have to get a Socom-16 length barrel for it.

Yeah, I have used full size standard M16's in CQB/Room Clearing drills. They suck but it can be done. The Marines that instructed us had us manipulate the trigger with our thumb. The buttstock would come over the bicep and the face would rest as close to the weapon as possible with the weapon tilted in a little bit, you only use the front site. It is more of an instinctive shooting method. So if you have nothing else other than a long rifle it is possible.

Yeah, I have used full size standard M16's in CQB/Room Clearing drills. They suck but it can be done. The Marines that instructed us had us manipulate the trigger with our thumb. The buttstock would come over the bicep and the face would rest as close to the weapon as possible with the weapon tilted in a little bit, you only use the front site. It is more of an instinctive shooting method. So if you have nothing else other than a long rifle it is possible.

Wow, that's a really interesting method, thanks dude. I'm gonna have to have a play around with that when I get me my AEG... I'm pretty set on the M14, though I'd imagine the Socom-16 conversion would help out.

Anyone here use a Soc-16 for up close then? I don't really like the shorty look much, but I think the length of the M14 would just be far too prohibitive.

Could anyone recomend a few accessories for my CM 028-s? To make it MORE CQB ish.

You're probably best off getting something like this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=652599

The purists will scream rape, but then you can mount a vertical grip and flashlight, both of which may help for cqb.

Not sure how well it'd fit though, there might be one made specifically for airsoft. PM dirtysanta, he's got one on his, ask him what he used.

I wouldn`t call myself a CQB master but my tips to anyone would be:

- Reflex or red dot sights for fast aiming, remember its not the first shot fired that wins its the first shot on target.

- Become one with your sidearm :P use you natural point of aim rather than taking a second to line up the sights.

- get through a doorway as fast as possible to avoid your team being bottle-necked

- a good technique that I have found is when corner peaking, lie down. As stupid as this may look people do not expect someone to peak from the bottom of a corner.

well there`s my input

Just to add, when I was a police explorer doing building search training they advocated corner peaking at different levels, as stealth warrior said. Also a good technique to put into practice is "slicing the pie" where you look around the corner in increments (I'm sure I'm explaining that terribly).

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Just to add, when I was a police explorer doing building search training they advocated corner peaking at different levels, as stealth warrior said. Also a good technique to put into practice is "slicing the pie" where you look around the corner in increments (I'm sure I'm explaining that terribly).

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Made sense to me. Of course I'll try it and get a face full of bb's. :mellow::rifle:

My first airsoft experience was CQC. We were in this guy's house, and he had like 30 cheapo cyma springers. Oh, and an ex-Ranger that taught us room-clearing.

He gave us a couple of tips:

-Stack the corridor... In other words, get three people to go into the room at once, one goes left, one goes center, one goes right. And move fast to avoid a bottleneck.

-Communication is paramount... Maybe when you're stacking up, grab one another's shoulders. When you're ready to go, squeeze, and on up the line till everyone's good.

-Slice the pie... take the corner in increments, work your way around nice n easy

-Crouch or do other things to drop you COG... people automatically aim at their own height. If you're crouching and you run smack into someone, they'll be aiming just above you head, and your aiming at his gut.

-Wear padding... Neck shots SUCK. The bb went right underneath my paintball mask and right over my shirt neck. Even 200fps guns draw blood at point blank adams apple shots.

-Get to know your weapon. You need to be able to aim reflexively, not taking all this time to sight. It needs to be instinctive.

Archived