• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eff the m82, howzabout that nice SR25 right next to it?

:rolleyes:

You cant begin to compare the Barrett .50cal monster to a 7.62mm

muchless compare the VFC gas 8mm Barrett, which pushes ~500fps with a .34g 8mm BB .....to a 6mm AEG

...totally different leagues

Edited by ViciousV10s

OMG, I saw 3 M82's at AshBash. I would do almost anything to get my hands on one of those.

The friendly guys from Redwolf let me hold it for a minute, and it was one of the best 15 seconds of my life.

Its huge, the magazine is the size of a book. And its is ALL metal. Its amazing.

hmm.. i was seriously considering the M82 today, and now this thread.

They are awesome, but i musnt give in to temptation :( as it would just be an expensive good looking strokey thing for me. I dont think it would see much action.

GRAW satisfies my barrett fetish for the moment.

p.s if anyone has one for sale pm me with details lol

I have only tested mine a couple times - mine suffered from a mag loading problem - a few people hada similar issue - Basically it wouldnt sit high enough in the well - I added a bit of metal to a lip on the side of the mag and this resolved the problem - not what you expect from a gun of this caliber (no pun intended)

Howver the finish is exquisit - Keep in mind it weighs the same as a small fat child...so no dashing around a field with this for long....well certainly not me as I dont do running. 8)

They make the G&P SVD look like a workhorse. I've not heard one good thing about the VFC M82 save for the feel and look. Search this forum for a bloke named syndrome. He had a long thread about constant replacement parts from VFC being sent. I think eventually they "lost" his address. He is one of about 8 people I've read about with a the same story or worse. I've yet to see one person defend it otherwise.

It's a hard to buy anything VFC after this turkey, at least gas powered, since the AK turned out pretty good. Keep gas rifles to the people who know what they're doing.

I'm confused...

Redwolf had a booth at AshBash, where they had an M82 on display. They let me hold it.

You have a sad life then

Meh, maybe I was exagerating a little bit.

But after reading all of this, I think owning one of these will just stay a dream.

Redwolf had a booth at AshBash, where they had an M82 on display. They let me hold it.

Meh, maybe I was exagerating a little bit.

But after reading all of this, I think owning one of these will just stay a dream.

TBH, I was "this" close to getting one, but Titleist told me not to :unsure:

-Mike

:cookiemonster:â„¢