airsoft shell ejecting drum mag

Beta

So in about a week I'll be ordering three or four of these: http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant....p-airsoft-rifle

One is for a friend, one is for scavenging parts (simply because spare magazines go for only $10 less than the whole gun, why not just buy another whole gun and use the body for parts?) and the other two are for me. I'll be modifying all of them to make them skirmishable.

Here's the priority list:

-Install metal inner barrels to increase accuracy and shot consistency in muzzle velocity.

-replace pinion gears

-cut slits in said metal barrel to lower the velocity to CQB-safe limits (315-330fps would be ideal)

-Build a 40-50 round drum magazine and shell catcher to increase survivability in larger skirmishes.

As you can see everything here is pretty straightforward except for the magazine. Honestly I don't even know where to start. I have a basic idea on how real-steel C-mags function, though I'm fairly sure I couldn't replicate such a precise mechanism without modifying a real-steel magazine (and that's out of the question.) An AK-style drum would be easier, though where might I find a spring suitable to drive that long of a feed?

Any and all suggestions/comments/questions/et cetera welcome.

That is from the OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD airsoft days. They tried this out about 20 years ago, although they used PFC caps and some even used real primers from a .22. The range, accuracy and semi-auto is ######-poor. There was a mac10 that shot full-auto 6mm paintballs using the afore-mentioned .22 primers. It got banned quicker than ecstacy.

I'd stay away unless you just wanted a "conversation piece".

Note that the desc. says 400-500 with .12s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kokusai-superweapon-xm...1QQcmdZViewItem

Look familiar?

with that much powder, probably the same stuff cap guns use, you probably couldn't event hit 50 fps.

500 fps is bull feces

Just for the sake of agument, I just chronoed mine with a few shots (I bought a couple of these guns, too fun for too little money if you ask me... yes, they are built like ######)...

ready?

duh du du DUH!!!!! :

376.1 FPS with Airsoft Elite .25's (and yes, it is "the same stuff cap guns use")

this is with the stock barrel, which is basically a 1/4 inch I.D. 9 inch long two piece plastic tube.

Not really a gun for these forums (UK house rules), but it's out there, it's cheap... do what you will.

EDIT: just to add, yes, there are plenty of misfires and jams that have to be manually cleared. Used it once during a whole day of play... much like using a pistol all day... a really long pistol that you could snap in half on your knee! ;)

That really doesn't look half bad, actually...

Can you recognise what it is in the firing mechanism that causes the misfeeds and jams?

I'm thinking about building one of these into a Famas body and attempt to build a 48rd "C-mag" (Ok, so really it would be a "XLVIII-mag", but who's really keeping score?) drum magazine. Would it be possible to convert one of these to fire full-auto, or is there some trick to the firing system where it must be activated mechanically for each shot? I'd like to know if the conversion would require installing a mechanical pulser or not.

urm if those of us in the uk cant discuss orange tip removal, best ways of getting guns into the states from HK with trades intact, how to convert a german semi auto only AEG back to select fire etc cos it might breach other countries laws (even if it doesnt breach ours).. then why is this thing still being discussed on the self same UK forum when its totally illegal in the UK?

Archived