China Airsoft Development

menatarms

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw that they said it has improved build quality and internals. They just admited that the CM028 kicks the Hawks butt. :P

Never any doubt.

There's a very good reason why not many shops stock them in HK - I tried to find one just to see how *suitcasey* it really was and all the retailers told me they sent them back or refused to buy them - they're that bad.

Never any doubt.

There's a very good reason why not many shops stock them in HK - I tried to find one just to see how *suitcasey* it really was and all the retailers told me they sent them back or refused to buy them - they're that bad.

Pwned :P

Behold the CYMA revolution! I love mine. Can't wait to fire it in anger this Sunday.

I saw that they said it has improved build quality and internals. They just admited that the CM028 kicks the Hawks butt.

-------------

Never any doubt.

Well, I think a lot of that is in-bred within the HK AS community. I remember around year 2000, if you talk to any shop on Kwong Wah Street about Ying Fong/Classic Army -- they'd tell you that CA was ######. And it prolly was .. back then.

The 028 was the first CYMA I held & shot (I had heard of their cheapos before about 3 years ago). I was really quite impressed. Of course the one I shot had a 200 gram metal body, metal hop-up, and a Marui inner barrel.

I guess it depends on what you had paid for the base gun to justify the mod's. For my friends -- they are manufacturers of the after-market upgrades, plus the CYMA in-country cost is laugably low.

this is the beggining of the end of airsoft for the west, as marui will still be cheaper for japanese players (no import costs, which are extremely high in Japan). We might get cheaper prices, but the ability for some ignorant teenagers to go and buy an AEG for $100 and shoot at people/cars/animals is going to be a huge point for debate. Its already bad enough that some neighborhood kids just got some cheap EBBs from Walmart or something. They run around in their yards shooting at each other, often wearing no goggles. (I should challenge them to a game, them against me, with my G&P M4 at 400 FPS :D). I dont really see this as beneficiary for airsoft as a whole, but rather for budget airsofters and little kids. Its just like the tippmann 98, the most common paintball gun, that is pretty much available to anyone since its so cheap ($150 with paint)..

I dont like this at all, and I'd rather have marui quality and QC for $250-300 rather than a cheap Chinese clone that is $100. This is also unethical, as I really hate the way international trade is developing nowadays, but that is different.

Not good.

This is also unethical, as I really hate the way international trade is developing nowadays, but that is different.

Not good.

Hmm. I wonder if CA, G&P, Intruder and every other non-Marui Airsoft makers "copying" Marui gear boxes draw the same conclusion ? If so, then I guess we should see more calls from players to boycott those products.

I rather think that having first "copying" their way into the field, and have established degrees of brand recognition for quality and the ever popular mentioned "innovation" that most everyone here accepts those companies as part of the Airsoft scenery.

Peeps are reacting pro and con to the idea of indigenous China makers. It seems that the pro people are just eagerly anticipating what the Airsoft gods will drop on their table next and are awaiting happily with tongue hanging out. The con people seem to be rallying around the idea that cheaper priced Airsoft will make the game more popular, and some how that will definitely be a bad thing as there will be rotten apples in the crowd who will spoil it for everyone by committing some atrocity with their newly acquire cheap-er Airsoft.

I'm not sure that argument (if that's your argument .. the con people) is valid. Just recently the Police in the SF Bay area were hunting for a mysterious serial paintballer who was cruising the streets in his car and randomly nailing people. Manical Airsofters in Taiwan have modified their classic air-powered Airsoft with extreme high pressure air source and metal BB's going around killing chickens & dogs at random. In Taipei recently an idiot tried to rob a bank but was over-powered by a skeptical security guard who called his bluff thinking that the "gun" was an Airsoft. So, all those things are happening now. And they are the things that you fear would ruin the game for you. But they are happening without any further assistence from new cheap-er Airsofts from China, which you are anticipating to be your doom.

IMO, it seems like either the theory doesn't is not valid, or the future of Airsoft development from China is being singled out as a scapegoat for a problem that is built into our little controversial hobby that the majority of the public world-wide tends to question with a frown.

In either case (whether the issue is the rise of China as a major producer of Airsoft products, or the potential of government sanctions & control of the sport of Airsoft world-wide -- none of us can do anything to stop that development.

I'm on the fence on this one. I need a cheap gun that I'm not going to use very often, so CYMA seems like the best choice. A lot of people who I trust in the airsoft scene here say CYMA will do the job fine, so I believe that CYMA will do the job fine... so very tempted to buy a gun from them.

However, I also feel that airsoft is going to become too popular, especially in the states (I may live in HK but I go to the states plenty). I mean... I saw a 15 year old kid get excited over a cheap $40 USD springer shotgun in Sports Authority while i was on vacation in Utah. How the heck do you think they're going to react once they get their hands on decent automatic guns? A lot of irresponsible kids running around, ruining our noble sport methinks (sorry if things are getting repeated but i totally agree)

I hear what you are saying, but I'm having trouble with the concept that is being painted here by comments of my self-termed "con" people -- it seems that you are saying that in order to keep Airsoft legal in most countries that currently allow the activity & have not made any legislation to control or ban Airsoft playing as an activity .. that the best solution is to keep the activity to the minimum number of people as possible, and the best way to achieve that is by keeping Airsoft prices as high as possible, because if Airsoft were prohibitively expensive then number of people who take up the hobby will be lesser, and therefore there will be less chances of some really badly behaving youth will pull an Airsoft version of Columbine .....

Well, I simply have trouble finding validity in the above argument (if that's what some of you are saying). But most of all .. how the development of better quality and lower priced Airsoft products from China has to do with all of that ?

You do realize that China has developed its own population of Airsoft enthusiasts (despite what you may have heard or assume), and that indigenous Chinese Airsoft players will drive the demand for Chinese Airsoft products on its own, and that all of this is going on in side a country with a government that exercises one of the harshest control of firearms in the world ?

If in your country -- you face pending government intervention/sanctions that prevents you from playing the sport, well you can look for a scapegoat to blame. But the truth is your sport was probably doomed eventually anyways.

So they make the majority of the remote controls, keyboard and mice and in fact, 90% of computer parts in the world...

Why not airsoft? Let them come.

Just keep the grammar up in them manuals... maybe it'll be used then.

Speaking of Chinese copies...

Anyone had a looksee at the internals of the WELL R9?

From the pics on www.51qbh.com I see a copy of a TM P90 mag, but the website says: fixed hop, plastic mech, metal inner barrel.

I couldn't determine if it was field strippable or other features compatible with a marui?

Got a word from my contact today. Actually, there'll be TWO M14s - Cyma and another one, from yet unknown manufacturer who is also working on a Steyr AUG with adjustable HU (I'm not talking about the BE version here). I will probably have some photos sent next week - the new M14 differs from Marui and G&G ones with only one detail - gas tube is plastic, not metal.

Archived