China Airsoft Development

menatarms

Ok yeah some will get hold of them and be stupid with them, the same happens with anything. On the other hand people like me (who are poor and still want play airsoft properly) may not want to guy and blow 3-4 months of cash on a TM gun. I think they should just make a registery for airsoft guns so you have a licence to sell them (so no tacky toy shops selling them to anyone that comes in) and then have a registery for the owners (who maybe have to pay a small amount per year) and this would discourege any idiot kid that just wants to go shoot people in the street.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fellow Airsofters,

CYMA and the rest of the China Connection don't bring us a glorious era of Airsoft but will cause restrictions and bans when kids and lunatics get their hands on highly realistic looking toy guns at dumping prices.

Here in HK almost every airsoft noob has a clone AEG.

So far, we've not had anyone shot for taking an airsoft gun in public - purely because no one takes them outside in public.

So I'd say that it's not the guns that are the problem. It's stupid kids.

The guns themselves are not forcing the kids to do drivebys and get themselves shot - it's the stupid children themselves, and the stupid parents.

The guns themselves are not forcing the kids to do drivebys and get themselves shot - it's the stupid children themselves, and the stupid parents.

lawmakers and parents disagree, its enver the parents, or childrens fault, some, or something, usaully TV and video games, put them up to it.

lawmakers and parents disagree,

Only in USA. In Finland, it is always the person who did it who gets convicted :P But in USA, you can sue the big rich company and get millions (or billions) of dollars. Simple as that. And one of the reason i don't really like USA :P

Halleluja, buggers! Got the photos of new M14 gearbox! :D

frontsideto6.th.jpg

This be left side

backsideop4.th.jpg

And this be right side.

I must admit, that transparent arm behind the cylinder (some safety fiddlydoo?) looks a little iffy, as does this piece with a hole dangling near the trigger...

The transparent arm is the fire selector. And if that is the same plastic that CYMA uses then that is going to break right off the bat, and as far as I know there are no replacement parts for it.

The part with the hole in front of the trigger is the safty.

ICS makes their products in Taiwan, it will say on on the mechbox (somewhere) on an Olympic Arms M4 by ICS. That's on example of quality

> : )

I'm excited about the chinese SAW. It sounds interesting, I think if it was plastic, they should use high grade plastic, as this might be more durable than pot metal. (lol)

Nice thread, hopefully we see a chinese SAW sometime soon!

-Zax

I think they should just make a registery for airsoft guns so you have a licence to sell them (so no tacky toy shops selling them to anyone that comes in) and then have a registery for the owners (who maybe have to pay a small amount per year) and this would discourege any idiot kid that just wants to go shoot people in the street.

Please God no...

For those who seem to keep wanting to tie the subject of Airsoft getting banned in your particular country .. once again, please be reminded that the current estimated number of serious Airsoft player in China is roughly 1 million and growing fast (from a total population of 1.3 billion). So, whether Airsoft is eventually banned locally for you, Chinese AS makers & players will keep going without skipping a beat.

And before you bash indigenous Chinese manufacturers as brain-less & shameless copy cats with zero innovation .. the acid test to see if you are being fair is ask yourself what do you think of CA & G&P ?? If I'm not mistaken -- Ying Fung ? (Classic Army) started out as a die-cast model car making factory. Both CA & G&P took on Japanese sub-contract work then begain to develop their own Airsoft products. I know for certain CA builts all of their products inside China (I'd imagine G&P also, as it would be cost ineffective to build them in Hong Kong). So, these two brands are effectively selling 100% Chinese-made products right now. So, the point is .. where are you going to draw the line on who's a cheapskate copy cat and who isn't ?

I haven't been up to date lately with Airsoft news, now I always knew Airsoft was a taboo in the political world however not to a degree where states were trying to ban the sale outright. The past few months have been rough, we experienced a kid who was killed via suicide by a cop (yeah he was mentally nuts) as well as several "imposed" bans for airsoft. Correct me if I missed a state but there have been a few laws passed for countys in Texas, a state ban in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, and Florida. These bills haven't actually passed yet but obviously someone is "trying" to get them to pass. I always felt our hobby was better underground however airsoft is like the music industry, all these teenagers want to create their own hairband yet they go out and buy the cheapest guitar they can find. The basic barebones, to top that off marketing sucks them in with fancy boxart and all these "addons" with a low cost price and advertises it's self as "Quality" when in reality it's just a peice of :pain:.

Airsoft, what exactly is the problem with cheap guns? Everyones aware of the VCR bill in Britain and if your not get out of the cave and read up on it (Violent Crime Reduction act). Obviously to add fuel to the fire a bunch of Chavs (think wigger+redneck combined) think it's funny to buy a replica pistol and go around holding it up in public to appeal as some sort of badass. They don't even have to fire the Darn thing unlike paintball as just for an airsoft gun to appear in public will scare the :pain: out of someone, so obviously drivebys are the least of our worrys. So why exactly are these kids buying the guns? Surely their not going on the internet and typing in "Airsoft" as the IQ represented by these kids would limit their capability to even understand what Airsoft is. Surely they have gone to a fleamarket or a walmart and seen a "realistic replica" on sale just like capguns used to be sold in a gas station here for 15 measily dollars 10-15 years ago. Easy access alone from walmart and fleamarkets is introducing the wrong crowd of people into airsoft.

Cheap chinese guns, ok so not that long ago everyone was complaining how crappy CYMA and WELL were and how they were the joke of Airsoft. Tokyo Marui was considered a generally good manufacture as well as Classic Army. What happened? Now all these Tokyo Marui clones are the hot thing and these generic labeled Chinese brands like CYMA and WELL are suddenly producing notch quality products for low prices? Hmm something doesn't add up, any logical corporation is here to make money however the fact the inferior quality these companys are using shows they are only in it for a broad market who wishes to spend less money, these very same guns are sold at Walmart and fleamarkets in some sort of bundle with an advertisement saying it comes with a scope (gravity fed hopper), laserpointer, silencer and all these bells and whistles that probably cost more than the stupid gun it's self. Companys like these have an investment and are willing to lose money to gain a reputation and become established to suck in the undermasses. Now CYMA is selling "highend aeg's" as some may call them for less money than a CA or TM AEG. Not only will these low prices impact and inflate the market but if they catch on which they seem to be at an alarming rate in the airsoft community then it will become a norm and other companys will have to take their ball and catch up, as a result prices will drop and quality will drop.

I really don't see the mass appeal for low cost LPEGS or why they even have a market. I personally don't want to see the market suffer because of a bunch of ###### we call "Airsoft Guns" flooding the market, theres enough companys that have gone belly up in the real world due to these "bargain companys" and I hope LPEGS die a fast painless death before it's too late.

Just to share a short story

We had a teammate he was a 32 year old guy, had a pretty well paying job. Now not critisizing him as it's his money and he has the right to buy what he wishes however he was obsessed with these LPEGS he felt were "bargain products". He had somehow tried to convince my team and myself that we were spending too much on AEG's and that we would be better off getting "Tokyo Marui" clones and showed us his wonderful collection of ###### and more ######. Somehow he felt the fact he was able to purchase 5 guns compared to us posessing 1 AEG (which was of superior quality) somehow signified that he felt quantity beats quality. He became frustrated when playing games with us that performance wise he couldn't keep up with his fisherprice looking m4 with a purse strap for a sling. He begged us for help and I figured "might as well recommend him a midend taiwan brand". At this time the AIM M4 had come out, sure it's not the best but it's good for it's price for someone getting introduced to airsoft and for 150.00 bucks plus free shipping he was getting a pretty good deal. He read into it and decided he was better off getting some WELL AK47 because it had a scope and a laserpointer and 3 magazines for 80 dollars. That broke a few days later and he was angry. He ended up selling his guns and never spoke with us again. Good riddance.

It's like the middle age guy with no family who goes to walmart, buys some Daewoo big screen tv that cost 200 dollars and expects the quality of a 1000 dollar Sony big screen.

*EDIT: Sorry for the stupid censors on the words, I posted the same thing on ASF and apparently they have some funny censor system.

If you guys are going to talk about stupid little kids and how crappy Chinese guns are, go on and make more threads about it elsewhere. There are other threads about these subjects.

With the sentiment -- I think I will set it straight for the purpose of replies being germaine to the purpose of the thread .. which was meant to discuss which specific new AS guns are in thw works which enthusiasts could look forward to.

Discussion of the expected quality, price, availability would obviously be on-topic.

I had been holding back and being rather polite about the doomsayers, the people who want to keep this little old sport/hobby to a priviledge few, and people who are just out right being bigoted.

Look, Airsoft is not a private party but a world-wide phenomenon. The 1 million+ current Chinese AS players (shortly to be 10 million and just as easily could reach 50 million) don't need your blessing. They are buying guns & skirmishing in a country with a governernment that forbids ownership of weapons real or simulated. Period! You don't hear them whining about the sport getting too big to not to draw attention. So, for god sakes -- stop your whining!

The "market" (that is your market of your concern) is NOT going to get "flooded". Guns are going to get imported if there is a demand for them. You make it sound like Chinese manufacturers are going to fly over your country and start air dropping their products on your front lawn. Markets in general are very efficient. And no quality manufacturer is going to turn belly-up. They will turn belly-up because they can't compete, which means they aren't as efficient. And someone else of the same quality will step in to fill their place. Why ? Because of the demand which you nay sayers are refusing to recognize. If there's no demand for these up-coming Chinese Airsoft products -- then all the problems which you are attributing to the evil Chinese wouldn't exist. For those who think this way it's obvious that your focus is way too narrow and quite honestly way too selfish.

The "market" as you referred to is bigger than just your part of the world, and as I said before -- like it or not -- "this" is going to happen bar none. Nay sayers & inefficient competitors alike -- nothing you can do to stop the development.

I have a low income. (middle school... <_< ) I think that chinese clones are great. They are a great way to get in to airsoft or for low budget players. It is parent's and store's fault that so many 'kids' can afford these, and they let them get them. I am a A+ student, and have never done anything seriously wrong. I have gotten a citizenship award for my county. My parents have no problem with me and airsoft, they just dont want me to spend like 200 on it. <_<

Where I am going with this is, chinese clones are good. If people will keep up with their kids.

Marui WILL NOT flop. Classic Army WILL NOT flop. VFC WILL NOT flop. Why? The answer is simple.

These guys actually pump an awful lot of cash into R&D and QC. That's what keeps'em going. CA expands into other models, like G3 and AUG. VFC are making AKs with side-folded stocks, like no airsoft manufacturer before. And R&D is what really counts.

Chinese copycats need to be extra careful while copying, or they might get neck-deep in trouble and lots of manufacture returned as malfunctioning (see: KJ Works USP series). Look at JG - their MP5s, regardless of being the only ones in SD variant, are total and utter f**kups. Remember my "contact" I got the photos from? He's a shop owner. When asked about the JG Dragunov, he said he had too many returns on the JG MP5s to bother with their products anymore, at least until they clean up their act.

Then, Well. These guys are giving up too easy. The R9 is a step back - one can just wonder why did they cease the "cloning".

Double Eagle? Aw. Their AK gearbox is one colossal mistake. They may try pushing the B-Spetz to the US, but it's still flawed.

Both Elephant is doing things that are waaaay over their possibilities. XM8, G36K and scoped Steyr (instead of the Civilian version) with their plastic fake sights are an instant turn-off to some. Also, turning them into proper aiming devices is rather a task for the more mechanically gifted.

Cyma is doing a most surprising thing - instead of covering the most popular guns (read: Armashites), they suddenly decide to go with a M14 and then Tommygun. Strange? Surely! If it's a ploy to cover all the more popular gearbox design, and if they actually work a little on the gearbox mechanics (MP5s are plagued by connectors getting jammed, which causes the gun to fire bursts on "single" setting), they have a chance to become a major player in the lower price range.

Then, there are "one-off" companies, like A&K or Boyi - either unknown, or dragging a trail of bad reputation behind. Actually, I had a hunch that Boyi will try to go for a metal gearbox after I read the reviews of the M4/M203. Their guns may be a tight 180 turn (like the upcoming Boyi M4), or a lightning out of the blue (like the insanely expensive A&K S-System), but we can't be sure if it spins out to be another successful streak, like Well's R5, R6 and R8, or will it be just a one-hit sensation.

The past losers evolve or die - look at KJ Works (they're Taiwanese, but whatever - their QC sucks too!): their stuff keeps getting better and better. They've modified the Beretta and the P14 with adjustable hop-up, I've also heard that the newer KJ guns malfunction (jam, vent, break, etc.) way less often than before. Chinese will learn that too. And VERY soon.

As I jokingly said to my friend lately, when we were talking about what's going on in the airsoft world recently: "Guangdong Power, dude."

Archived