China Airsoft Development

menatarms

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been up to date lately with Airsoft news, now I always knew Airsoft was a taboo in the political world however not to a degree where states were trying to ban the sale outright. The past few months have been rough, we experienced a kid who was killed via suicide by a cop (yeah he was mentally nuts) as well as several "imposed" bans for airsoft. Correct me if I missed a state but there have been a few laws passed for countys in Texas, a state ban in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, and Florida. These bills haven't actually passed yet but obviously someone is "trying" to get them to pass. I always felt our hobby was better underground however airsoft is like the music industry, all these teenagers want to create their own hairband yet they go out and buy the cheapest guitar they can find. The basic barebones, to top that off marketing sucks them in with fancy boxart and all these "addons" with a low cost price and advertises it's self as "Quality" when in reality it's just a peice of :pain:.

Airsoft, what exactly is the problem with cheap guns? Everyones aware of the VCR bill in Britain and if your not get out of the cave and read up on it (Violent Crime Reduction act). Obviously to add fuel to the fire a bunch of Chavs (think wigger+redneck combined) think it's funny to buy a replica pistol and go around holding it up in public to appeal as some sort of badass. They don't even have to fire the Darn thing unlike paintball as just for an airsoft gun to appear in public will scare the :pain: out of someone, so obviously drivebys are the least of our worrys. So why exactly are these kids buying the guns? Surely their not going on the internet and typing in "Airsoft" as the IQ represented by these kids would limit their capability to even understand what Airsoft is. Surely they have gone to a fleamarket or a walmart and seen a "realistic replica" on sale just like capguns used to be sold in a gas station here for 15 measily dollars 10-15 years ago. Easy access alone from walmart and fleamarkets is introducing the wrong crowd of people into airsoft.

{...}

Hello PILMAN,

Man, you like to keep it brief, ey? :)

I just want to say you got it so right. Certain people don't see the negative consequences of the current development in the bottom-priced AEG market.

On one hand it's not suprising that most replies from Hongkongers are rather optimistic and think the rules of market economy will regulate itself as HK is one of the freest market economies in the world, so they are used to a lifestyle of elbow-mentality and "survival of the fittest". On the other hand they should also know it better as Airguns were once already banned completely in HK. Admitted, that was quite a while ago and was aimed at the then very powerful Gas Guns and most of us will not be old enough to remember or were not even born yet. According to a Chinese colleague of mine the reasons were pretty much the same as for nowadays bans and restrictions we see in the world: realistic-looking and powerful toyguns in the hands of irresponsible people. For some reason the ban was lifted and replaced by new regulations on Airguns. Only that along with TM's Electric Air Gun development made possible what the Hongkongers enjoy now - namely Airsoft.

But that freedom should not be taken as granted. In times of terrrorism, governments of western societies don't need many reasons for a ban and commi governemts never really need to justify anything anyway.

Btw, thanks for the +1 and:

"God Bless Israel"

Certain people don't see the negative consequences of the current development in the bottom-priced AEG market.

Consequences such as ?? Where would one from Hong Kong have seen these ??

Is this in reference to cheaply priced BB's being widely available and degrading the society, or causing more regulations in HK ? If so, I have not heard any pending changes in the law being proposed. Is it that there are negative consequences on HK Airsoft sellers economically ? Negative consequences on Airsoft collectors of higher price brands in HK ?? May be you can enlighten as it pertains to Hong Kong people.

Earlier in this thread -- I mentioned that metal model guns from Japan are imported & modified with smooth bore barrels to fire 9mm and .45 rounds in Taiwan. The Taiwanese president was shot with one in 2004. High pressure air source is used with conjunction with steel BB's to power air AS guns to kill dogs & chickens. Someone attempted a robbery with an Airsoft pistol and was beaten senseless by the security guard on a dare. Same thing has been attempted from time to time in China. So, if someone wants to committ a crime with a simulated firearm by modification -- it doesn't require a cheap source such as a China-made AEG to start.

In 2004, the Taiwanese legislation had every skirmisher ###### their pants in anxiety until the morning the new code was published in the newspapers -- it tighten up legislation against selling, owning modified model guns, but drew the line on regulations there. The code allowed for Airsoft BB firing guns.

There certainly were no blaming of tighter legislation because of any large influx of cheaply priced BB/AS from China. The shake-up was induced by the shooting attempt on the Taiwanese president.

Haven't heard of any Airsoft rampages in Hong Kong lately though.

But once again -- this thread is not a dump bag for biatching about legislation regulating Airsoft. If you have a genuine concern about that, and you want to comment and construct theories on how cheaply priced Airsoft guns from China is going to ruin your Airsoft future .. please start your own thread where people who are concerned about the issue pro & con can comment.

From what I can see on that Chinese board, it's a CA SLR copy, atleast the body is most definatly.. the gastube is ugly like on the ICS though..

Being a CA SLR copy it means you can put aftermarket wood furniture on if you want :)

Ok, I just want to know this.

(only listing skirmishable ones)

CM 027j=MP5J

CM 028/028-s=AK-47/AK-47-s

CM 029???

CM 030=G18c AEP

CM 031=AK-74

CM 032???

So, what will the M14 and M60 be? I know that on the pic of the M60 it says "CM 01". How can that be? I doubt that part is true.

CM032 is probably M14, and the M60 is "CM-M01" - wonder what does the "M" stand for. Probably "Machinegun" - if so, will also the M249 mentioned in the first post be released?

Remember Well R7? It was stuck in the works way after the release of R8. Probably CM029 is something already made, but plagued by technical flaws and the little yellow guys are still trying to straighten everything out. Maybe it's a SIG552?

There's, in fact, a new brand appearing on the Chinese market (or maybe straightening their act - I find contradictory bits of info) - they've released the VSR (MP001) and AK (MP004), probably an AUG and M14 too (if I'm to put together the pieces of info I got a month ago).

Archived