The Well-Rounded, Next-To-Perfect Airsofter

Victory

80% skill, 19% gun, 1% gear. You can have the nicest gun in the world but it doesnt mean sh*t if you can't shoot it. In a neighborhood battle i took my ppk only (only had one mag) when it still worked and lent another kid my CA36. in a 3-hit kill game i beat him in 5 shots when he was behind a tree and i was 80 feet away. He fired 120 off at me and never hit me once. While it's true that a gun helps a player, skill is what's important.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
80% skill, 19% gun, 1% gear. You can have the nicest gun in the world but it doesnt mean sh*t if you can't shoot it. In a neighborhood battle i took my ppk only (only had one mag) when it still worked and lent another kid my CA36. in a 3-hit kill game i beat him in 5 shots when he was behind a tree and i was 80 feet away. He fired 120 off at me and never hit me once. While it's true that a gun helps a player, skill is what's important.

But say you had extra magazines...

Sure, they are small, and you could probably fit them in a pocket, but if you were in a real game, you would want a more efficient place to put them, or, at least, I would.

If you live in the United States

40% Surroundings/Environment

40% Gun

19% Skill

01% Gear/Other

If you live in the UK, or any other place where Airsoft is limited to 1J

40% Surroundings/Environment

40% Skill

19% Gun

01% Gear/Other

After you get a decent set of BDUs Gear is for cosplaying, getting your picture taken, and halloween.

lol doc i think you know what i mean but i'll explain anyway.

i think the environment/surroundings/scenario can affect very much how you play.

i.e. i have grown very acustomed to woodland gaming and have over time developed techniques and tactics that have served me really well but i guarantee if you took to to elektro works i would get shot to S*** cos i wouldnt really know how to play the environment if that makes sense.

chris

hmm i would have to say 50% skill since i have seen people with a utg shotty own people with a ca, then 30% gun since obviously having a killer tm doing 400fps would give you an edge, i have to say 5% gear since gear doesnt mean anything just makes you look better, and then 15% sportsmanship since i guy must say good job to the person who hit he/she and being willing to call hits the first time the the ninth time.

Can someone actually break down the meaning of this "skill" everyone keeps going on about?

Is it looking down the scope of a sniper rifle and being able to pick someone off? or perhaps attaching the worlds largest box mag on a mp5 and spraying your opponents into submission?

Personally I agree with Lithium Jack its about personality.

You could have the best guns, the best gear (all the gear no idea) and be a crack shot with a sniper rifle, so lets say :-

Skill 40%

Guns 30%

Gear 30%

but then you could be an absolute *albatross* to play with so really you're not a good airsofter at all let alone perfect!

I think someone with a gun, some camo and a great attitude makes a good airsofter.

Honesty, a sense of fun, great sense of humour, skill, experience, fitness, a decent gun is needed to some extent - although a really good player could get kills with a springer :P Gear - i don't often feel right unless i've got a set up that i've worked on and am used to. But i have gone gearless and rental before...

Would like to meet....

Archived