You know what really grinds my gears?

otherrandomhero

I personally get a kick out of the kids who seem to think that the correct way to a proach a conflict is to spray as much ammunition at it as possible then call "I'm out of bbs, gas, etc." Run and gun video games have ruined the youth of America. Ive seen games where one person goes through 4000 bbs without even thinking twice about it. I can go through a game and at maximum fire 30 rounds. What kills me is that I ve been classified "support" (beats the hell out of me why,... I carry a CA M15 a4 with an ACOG)

Then there is there infamous rich kid. The mere proximity to a player who doesnt have the slightest sense of nomenclature sends me reeling. They havent worked a day in their live for a single piece of there matching cammies and real web gear or there highly upgraded AEG M4. *guess what guys im cool*...pfff!

I worked my entire eighth grade summer to buy my first AEG I miss my TM AK

By the way Im looking to rework the internals on my m16 if any of you nice people could give me some ideas that would be greatly appreciated

Its a stock Classic Army M15A4 Rifle

*whew, its good to vent*

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya know what Grinds my gears? a bad clutch

:P

ba-dum pshhhh :D

What I hate is when people stand around on the field talking when they should be doing something, like taking an objective, or shooting when I ask for cover fire. I got out once because of these morons just standing around so I thought it was clear, but it turns out they were just being lazy or something because I got nailed. Anyway the other thing that irks me is when people get really intense about the game and argue. There's really no point, I mean it's a game for cripes sake.

For example, a teammate of mine in unfamiliar camo started walking up behing me. I spun around, not thinking he was on my team and called 'surrender'! He looked up and said 'I'm on your team you jackass' (or something to that effect). Next time I'm just going to shoot instead.

Also, this one time a guy stuck his pistol around a corner and blind-fire surrendered me. This was quite funny since in the briefing the 'main guy' (not saying any names here) specifically said not to stick your gun around a corner and yell surrender. Anyway I called myself out because I thought it would be fair enough and I'm not immature enough to argue about a thing like that, but I suggested that my attacker call himself out too. When he refused I just walked away. One of the field staff asked me what happened and I told him and I said it was no big deal.

Anyway I guess I'm just trying to say that people think just because they spend more money or because they're older than you or because they've played longer than you it automatically gives them the right to break the rules, because 'those rules are in place for people who don't know what they're doing'. People like that are what ruin the game. But I don't let it get to me. (unless a thread comes along where I can just rant my lil' heart out :P)

here are the things that annoy me

1) People who know nothing about guns;

a) The people who think that an MP5 is not a rifle.

Rifling is the spiral grooves on the inside of a barrel that cause the bullet to spin(be rifled), this increases accuracy. Almost every real gun these days is rifled, everything from pistols to 120mm tank guns.

2) The whole "clip" vrs "mag" argument.

The K98 and M1 grand take clips, the Glock and the AK47 take mags.

you can load mags with clips.

c) The whole "M4 mag" thing. Its called a STANAG mag (short for STANdardization AGreement because every 5.56 gun is supposed to use them (note that "supposed" = don't)). STANAG mags fit in M4s and M16s, the SA80, the type 89 ect.

2) Dishonor

a) Cheats

B) Chavs

c) Alchys

{edit spelling}

3) Not being able to spell

here are the things that annoy me

1) People who know nothing about guns;

a) The people who think that an MP5 is not a rifle.

Rifling is the spiral grooves on the inside of a barrel that cause the bullet to spin(be rifled), this increases accuracy. Almost every real gun these days is rifled, everything from pistols to 120mm tank guns.

2) The whole "clip" vrs "mag" argument.

The K98 and M1 grand take clips, the Glock and the AK47 take mags.

you can load mags with clips.

c) The whole "M4 mag" thing. Its called a STANAG mag (short for STANdardization AGreement because every 5.56 gun is supposed to use them (note that "supposed" = don't)). STANAG mags fit in M4s and M16s, the SA80, the type 89 ect.

2) Dishonor

a) Cheats

B) Chavs

c) Alchys

{edit spelling}

3) Not being able to spell

I can aggree with you there. Lets give him some slack and say he meant long guns which coarse may have to hurt him in the smg department civvie mp5 clones in the us have to have a 16inch barrel so its not quite a submachine gun. plus only semi :)

The clip vs mag arguement department is so old I stop caring anymore. Burn a dictionary and call it good for I care.

K now for what grind my gears...

A bad shim job.

K now for what grind my gears...

A bad shim job.

haha

allthough an MP5(se)A4 with a 16 inch barrel sounds like my perfect 9mm gun. are you limited to 10 rounds as well?

aditional grinding gear rantingness

4)the goverment

Click here to see my award (or +1 at least) winning anti government rant.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...78entry919778

Ten-round mags are only regulation in some states (ie: PRCalifornia), counties, and localities.

Everywhere else, you can have brand-new hundred-rounders if you so choose.

Some places where magazines are limited to ten rounds, you can have magazines that have a capacity greater than ten rounds, so long as the mag was manufactured before the law was put into place, while others don't allow this.

you know wat grinds my gear noobs that think that they can fire there rifle right out of there window or play there own little game of airsoft right out in public infront of everyone gwahhh i just want to go up to them and drag them into an allie and kick there little arses all they way home

You know what grinds my gears, it's the people who always seem to aim for the head. I mean in a game where if you shot in the leg your out, whats the point. Apart from being dangerous it's also one of the more difficult places to hit, compared to say your chest.

What does it for me is people stickng drum mags on things like MP5's and M4/M16's and calling them a support weapon.. If you want a *fruitcage* suport weapon, get a real support weapon like the CA M249 (thats a choice ill never regret).

Another thing is people taking airsoft too seriously, its a *fruitcage* game not real life.. so calm down!

things that grind my gears:

1. People not taking their hits.

2. Snipers getting more respect than assaulters, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A SNIPER RIFLE DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE A SNIPER! I trained for 2 months in Brecon to get my sniper qualification and it gets my goat when the dudes with bolt action rifles strut around acting like they are the dogs ######s. All you have to do to be a successful airsoft sniper is lay in a bit of cover overlooking a track. you know people will walk there so you just pick them off as they patrol.

Whoop de doo.

It takes a lot more skill to sneak up on one and tap your pistol barrel off his head :P

3. People not taking their hits (i know i put it twice)

Darkchild

People who are too scared to move:

Red team is trying to assault a base held by blue team. I've moved round at the bottom with 5 other guys. We're taking cover behind a wall ready to move out to the the back door and storm in.

The guy at the front says "go" and some newb next to me full on stands up! The guy with the M249 in the window sees him and opens up on us - luckily we're all in hard cover bar this guy so he gets slotted.

Now we're still going to go for the door because it's not that much of a risk because there's other cover between us and it. So our leader goes "3, 2, 1, go!" and I move as fast as I can to the door with the M249 opening up behind me. I get there and turn round to see only the leader standing behind me!

All 3 others are just sitting there crying themselves to sleep or something. There's nothing the two of us can do against a whole room of enemies but we charge anyway and take four of them out before getting wafflepwnt.

"Why didn't you come with us?" I ask - "I had to reload", "I needed to arm my grenade", "I tripped" are their excuses.

CC

You know what really grinds my gears?

People who don't wear full face masks and then moan if they get hit in the face, they really grind my gears!

Yes headshots should be avoided, but sometimes things go wrong and a BB might get you in the face. And sometimes this might hurt, especially if it happens up close.

But you know what, there is a way of avoiding that stingy pain and its called a Full Face Mask. You may have seen them before, its the thing I wear all the time that I keep on getting giggled at for. Well guess whos giggling now...

The choice is yours

1) Wear goggles, look 'tough' and not whinge when being hit in the face,

or

2) Wear full mask, loose a little bit of vision and not get hit in the face.

make the choice, shut your cake holes, and quite grinding my gears!

- Cheats

- Blind Firing

- The lack of Women in the sport.

- The lack of money in my wallet.

- The fact that my girlfriend thinks i'm a geek (No really she does).

- The VCR bill

- Never being able to find the perfect bag to carry all of my kit in. (and not through a lack of trying..)

Oh and...

- The fact that I dropped one of my PARA mags and broke it last week! :ranting2:

People who paintball who always say. 

" Airsoft is t3h suck lololz, paintbawl ownz j00." 

I get this whenever i am trying to explain Airsoft to my paintball buddies. 

I feel your pain. Most of my friends are "Paintball am l33t" guys. :( They think I crazy spend all of my money on airsoft and not paintball. Foolz they are. At least on of my paintballing friends I going to be adventurous enough to go airsoft with me this coming Sunday. After it happens hopefully I will be saying "Haza! A convert!"

- The lack of Women in the sport.

At my last skirmish there was three women. All around 16 one had a Maruzen CA870, one had a TM MP5, and the other had a cheap Wal*Mart LPEG :blink: It had a ten foot range where the minimum shooting distance is twenty feet. Strangely she won the raffle for the TM SIG P226. :o

When people bring someone with they don't want you to shoot. Point in case: this one kid that brought his skanky girlfriend. This kid was a fat craterface (i actually said: "woah, i thought you were the man in the moon for a second. Both your fat faces are covered in giant craters") and he expected everyone to not shoot at his girlfriend because she was a girl. You can tell she wasn't stupid, because she could shoot better than him, but he still exxpected everyone to completely avoid hitting her. What kind of playing is that?

I brought my girlfriend to the last game I was at. At the end of one of the scenarios, it was down to her and me. Basically, I popped out from cover and gave her 3 volleys to the face from my M3 (she was prone, I had no other place to hit, and she was wearing a full facemask). All she did was yell, "D*MN IT! Gah, almost had that objective!"

And this is after I had to be medic'd twice thanks to her MP5 (in semiauto exclusively, I might add). :D

Another thing is people taking airsoft too seriously, its a *fruitcage* game not real life.. so calm down!

There was some team training previous to the aforesaid game. For one of the exercises, we were supposed to identify location of contact, suppress contact, and move to contact. My team was in a big line across an open meadow with instructors on every side, each about 120ft away. One of the instructors opened up on the squad. I called "CONTACT, 6 O'CLOCK" and sprinted towards him as fast as I could. Once the rest of the team was turned around and providing suppressive fire, I dropped on my stomach and suppressed (now in range). Then, some dude yelled "STOP!!" and began chewing me out for running WAY ahead of the rest of the group.

Honestly, what the *fruitcage* is that? I needed to get in range, and I am terribly opposed to sitting around with my thumb up my *albartroth*. I'm a fast assaulter, and as much as I would've loved to join them for tea and biscuits, I had FIGHTING to do. After he was done thoroughly chewing me a new ###### (in front of the whole team), I rejoined the line for a new exercise. Just before the new exercise started, he kinda smiled and excused his actions: "Well, that's milsim."

If that's milsim, it can *fruitcage* off. ;)

*EDIT*

Oh, and there is some grand irony to add to this situation. The fireteam's line was moving at the aforementioned cranky fellow's pace because he's... well, "large" doesn't quite cover it. What a twunt. :D

1. People buying all the guns, all the gear and sitting at the back doing nothing.

2. People thinking they can get away with not taking sniper hits.

3. The amount of airsoft guns I want to buy :(

Thats about it. I can live with the rest.

H&K

I hate:

-when I explain to my mates about airsoft they always go "WTF would you want to do that? What the hell is an airsoft gun? WTF paintball is waaaay better. Fully automatic airsoft guns?!...err....well in paintball people can't cheat...no, people do not wipe the paint off...well it did happen once...shutup"

-when this kid always goes "why buy a 200 quid m16 when you can get one for like 50 quid?"

-when I showed the kid "Operation Irene 3" on google video and he goes "Thats not airsoft you fool. Its real life" Then I go "Its airsoft, listen to the sound" and he shuts up.

-when stupid kids decide to do stupid things with airsoft guns which makes everyone suffer from the VCR bill...

-terrorists.

Archived