You know what really grinds my gears?

otherrandomhero

You know what Grinds my Gears?

-The little rich airsoft who has that I'm-better-than-you-'cause-I'm-rich attitude. I have no problem with parents buying guns. Only with the attitude it sometimes brings. I salute all you 15 year-olds who know fiscal responsability.

-The lack of Poseidon kits in the USA

-The milsim nuts who yell at me, telling me that throw-together militias can, and do but only blackhawk vests, MARPAT camo, and ballistics plates

-The milsim nuts who don't believe me when I say I play for fun

-The milsim nuts who get an incredulous look when I say I don't wear camo

-The speedball nuts who go go crazy when I say that Scenario games are fun

-Anti-airsoft nuts

-Anti-paintball nuts

-SA80/L85 vs AR-15 dirivetive vs AK-47 arguments. Especially when they hijack another thread to do it in. ;)

-People who discount field springers (people who play "ops" with springers. They get really good.)

-Lack of airsoft ICBMs :P

-Anyone with a Shoei MP44 gas, Spectre M4, MG-42 gas, Shrike, LR-300, Phantom Aug, Enfield Revision, Seburo MN-23 or M134 Vulcan. All they do is make me sad that they have it, and I don't. <_<

-People who use Guilt to get there way

-Milsimers who think they know tactics

-People who discount my input because I do not own an armalite

-Cheaters

It's a long-ish list, but that's pretty much it.

-bobo

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) People who have alot of money which they dont really earn, and reap from their parents, then buy $300+ guns and gear, but have no skill and are wusses.

2) People that copy everything you buy, if your gonna copy them, dont buy it right after they do and make it less obvious.

3) People that dont call hits, especially when its so obvious your cheating.

4) People that *badgeress* about every little detail, and whine about unfair teams when they're not unfair at all.

5) Cheap asses that constantly use your gas/bbs.

6) 300rd hi-caps or Box mags in an assault rifle, who then hold the trigger down for 1 minute non-stop on full auto, then get all giddy when they get you out after 150 shots.

I know some people, who dont really earn their money, and buy all kinds of expensive airsoft items, then talk about how they actually earned it when they really didnt. The players that are like that tend to be wusses too, and dont step up to the plate in the game. They just stand in the back, and make you take point then brag about how good they were when YOU take out the entire opposing team. Its cool with me if people forget their gas and bbs and ask to use mine, but if its every single time, and they dont take the initiative to buy some bbs or gas and use yours every time, it really gets annoying.

2) People that copy everything you buy, if your gonna copy them, dont buy it right after they do and make it less obvious.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

If it works, use it. Who cares if someone else on the team has it? Who cares if they copy you? Is your self-esteem really that low?

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

If it works, use it. Who cares if someone else on the team has it? Who cares if they copy you? Is your self-esteem really that low?

Believe me, it gets really annoying when they look like your exact twin, and especially when they get it right after you do. Oh, so where did you get it? whats the link? price? brand?

Dont think its that much of my self-steem, really on how I just want a little bit of uniqueness.

You dont feel any sense of pride in what you use?  Individuality?  I mean sure they are imitating you which one could feel good about because imitation is flattery, but there comes a point when its just annoying.

Exactly. I mean, its no problem when they have some similar items, because thats a given in the airsoft world. But when its every single freaking item, it gets really aggravating because its sort of how they steal your thunder I guess you could say. Like I said before, and what ronburgundy said, its also about pride of your own loadout, about how you created it yourself. It really burned me when he actually asked me what exact brand I got, then later told me in a bragging way that he was gonna buy one, then responds with a smiley face.

You dont feel any sense of pride in what you use?  Individuality?  I mean sure they are imitating you which one could feel good about because imitation is flattery, but there comes a point when its just annoying.

With my group, any sort of uniformity would be nice. It's only been recently, that most of us have gotten STANAG-accepting AEGs.

With my group, any sort of uniformity would be nice. It's only been recently, that most of us have gotten STANAG-accepting AEGs.

I dunno, have you ever had somebody copy your own loadout right after you get it? I mean, you show up in your own loadout, and your teams like oh man thats so cool! Of course you feel pride and good about yourself right? But then the next game, some annoying noob, who has mommy and daddys money to pay for some of their airsoft stuff stands right next to you like the freakin Olsen-Twins is just too much. I guess it is a form of flattery to a certain extent..

Well, there is a difference between similar guns and the same gun. If your whole team uses guns that take armalite mags that's great, because you can share if someone runs out. However, many people have an intuition to be unique (myself and most of my friends included). It's kind of a "hey, get you own!" thing. There's the difference, though, between people who get the same gun because they like the gun (they usually can be convinced to find a different color or something, though), and people who just get it because you have one. I'd side with tapsumbong here because i know how annoying it is when someone copies you. That, plus also that i don't want to leave anyone alone in a debate.

I dunno, have you ever had somebody copy your own loadout right after you get it? I mean, you show up in your own loadout, and your teams like oh man thats so cool! Of course you feel pride and good about yourself right? But then the next game, some annoying noob, who has mommy and daddys money to pay for some of their airsoft stuff stands right next to you like the freakin Olsen-Twins is just too much. I guess it is a form of flattery to a certain extent..

As close as it seems to get was when a newb that I worked with at a c-store asked me what he should get for airsofting. I recommended that he get most everything that I had (at the time): OVTS BDUs and non-black flightgloves (he had OD, I had CB). Only difference was that he didn't (and doesn't) wear an UnderArmor hood and he uses a P90, not a G36 (as I used at the time). I even suggested that he get the same ESS goggles that I had. My room-mate copied me on those, though.

Well, there is a difference between similar guns and the same gun. If your whole team uses guns that take armalite mags that's great, because you can share if someone runs out. However, many people have an intuition to be unique (myself and most of my friends included). It's kind of a "hey, get you own!" thing.

For most people, having a unique gun is good enough. The biggest problem with uniformity in my group is that a lot of the guys have long lists of camouflages that they won't wear. Second thing is that none of them want to spend any money on that sort of thing. I almost got them to agree to get a Russian coverall off of RussianCombatGear.com, but after two months of waiting for them to ship it, or send me any word whatsoever about it, I cancelled the order and that ended that.

w00t! Post 400, which means i'm 100 away from making a user level. Anyways, i got something else annoying:

Little kids who play. By that i mean 8 year olds who play with little springers in their backyards. Teaching your kids the basics of hunting at taht age is okay, but them shooting their friends at 8 years old is not a good value to teach them that young. Not just this, but they also play in public streets with all kinds of people that can see them, which is also not okay. Any opinions on this?

What grinds my gears? This ######.

w00t! Post 400, which means i'm 100 away from making a user level. Anyways, i got something else annoying:

Little kids who play. By that i mean 8 year olds who play with little springers in their backyards. Teaching your kids the basics of hunting at taht age is okay, but them shooting their friends at 8 years old is not a good value to teach them that young. Not just this, but they also play in public streets with all kinds of people that can see them, which is also not okay. Any opinions on this?

:zorro:

Uniform and gear restrictions in teams ###### me off. All you need is a team patch. Done.

I also hate how people add wood kits and call it a "wood G3"...once you slap the wood on there it becomes a CETME, not a G3.

I agree, should be able to wear what you want, but have a team logo/patch. My own opinion :D

But then again its down to the team <.<

Archived