You know what really grinds my gears?

otherrandomhero

otherrandomhero, by admitting i was out of order i wasn't backing down, or trying to get myself off the hook. i stand by my arguments that i think the mods should have less power, and i disagree with the rep system due to the fact that everyone gives rep for different degrees of good or bad, making it inherently unfair. it's obvious that i'm not going to win this argument, as i'll end up banned or suspended anyway, but i'd like to close on the note that i never said anything against the people of this forum, ONLY the mods, who i think are biased.

SS

Dude, just forget about it. No one here really cares about the rep system too much. Everyone had negatives, and no one cares. I mean, look a Jebus' rep. The first few pages were bad, but we later realized that he is one of the best spammers to belong here. Don't read too much into it, and enjoy your stay here at arnies.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my god, someone civilised, thank you holmes, i'll try and keep it to myself in the future. i think you can understand how totally ###### off i was earlier when one of my freinds was suspended, and another banned, just for disagreeing with a mod on some minor issue. but yea, fight over i guess. Peace all!

SS

Guys, maybe you could compromise, so that this thing gets back on topic. Because, as of now, its kinda retarded.

SS- I partially agree. I think alot of people do. The rep system is unfair. But it doesn't really matter. It's the internet. No use in getting heated about it. Reps don't even affect your ability to post...ya know? And yeah...some mods are a little unhelpful. I have seen some flame people (mainly the noobs who don't search) when they should have been helpful. Just deal man. You can't do anything to change it so go with the flow.

Hero- He spoke his mind. It's the internet- no point in getting heated. If you think he's a ###### then just ignore him.

if you have to, take this elsewhere. I'm in this topic to read about annoying airsoft stuff not become a part of it.

okay, SS, everyone else, let's get this thing back on track. This arguement has been going on for a couple pages, so let's get back to the point: what ###### you off more than anything else about airsoft! This topic was formed out of angst at a general target, not each other, so let's keep it that way.

Can I ask why these particular people ###### you off?

It just annoys me because its sort of a safety thing, I live in the suburbs and backyards are small, and I know of incidents where neighbors peek over fences and they see some guy with a gun and they call the police, causing a *beep* storm and more bad rep for airsoft.

Hey man, stop your damn stereotyping.

I'm 15 and make 12.35 an hour landscaping.

don't worry, he's just jealous. Deep down he always want to deliver the New York Post to spooks and you lucked out and got his dream job.

The fact that your 'cover' involves hard manual labour in the great outdoors, which having done myself would mean you've sure as heck earnt your goodies, just adds to it all :D

What grinds my gears:

Is little kids chairsofting on the forums, spewing ###### about things they have no clue about, and citing hearsay as fact.

It is also annoying, when they accept their only version as fact, and move to disclaim everyone else, because they share dissimiliar viewpoints.

At arnies, this annoyance is compounded by the rep/post number, which people seem to think its correlated to a higher IQ/infinite wisdom or some revelation of the sort, but it isn't.

My vindication comes, when I find out that they are indeed little kids, and hopefully, they'll grow up and find out that there are always different versions of the truth/fact/history, and that karma is a *badgeress*.

What grinds my gears:

Is little kids chairsofting on the forums, spewing ###### about things they have no clue about, and citing hearsay as fact.

It is also annoying, when they accept their only version as fact, and move to disclaim everyone else, because they share dissimiliar viewpoints. 

At arnies, this annoyance is compounded by the rep/post number, which people seem to think its correlated to a higher IQ/infinite wisdom or some revelation of the sort, but it isn't.

My vindication comes, when I find out that they are indeed little kids, and hopefully, they'll grow up and find out that there are always different versions of the truth/fact/history, and that karma is a *badgeress*.

Here here!

A lot of people contradict themselves in this thread :P

Things like complaining about, say, hicaps, and then in the same post complaining about people who don't accept other's opinions.

Makes me giggle.

I haven't played airsoft much at all, but here are my annoyances (Yes I'm aware that some of them are impossible to solve, but that's not what this is about):

- The fact that hicaps rattle

- When firing in full auto it doesn't complete the cycle when you let go of the trigger, and you have to fire in semi to release the spring.

- BBs getting deflected by things like leaves and twigs where a real bullet would blaze right through. Makes woodland play kind of annoying when there is a lot of shrubbage. But again, there is no helping this.

- How the last 5 or so BBs don't load, and they fall out when you release the mag.

Note that none of these have to do with other people or their preferences/ playing styles/ accessories/ gear. Which seems to be what a lot of people complain about. I say "feh" to you.

-The things that really grind my gears, Ticks. Those little bastards get on you and you won't even know it, and if you see one crawling on you, you can flick it and it won't come off, or you can pull it off of you, but then its stuck to your finger and then you shake your hand and the little bugger just stays there and crawls towards you more...

-The other are mosquito's. I can't just sit down and wait somewhere where they don't start buzzing around my ear and face even with 50% deet on all over my BDU's and hat.

-Poisin Ivy and Oak.

-The people who run an airsoft field in the area, always favor the paintballers over the airsofters. No matter what really. Its almost like they have to bend over backwards to just say "Yeah go to that part of the field." And only like 20 paintballers show up for the day. And there are 90 acres to play on.

-Raped G3's

What grinds my gears:

Ok, some of our very respectable users are chairsofters, and sure as hell know their stuff. And for the last time, your post number and rep does not matter here! Look beyond that, and if someone makes good posts, then regardless of those two things, you will be liked by many.

So what really grinds my gears?

Kids with a post count lower than 200 thinking that anyone who has more posts than they do knows jack about airsoft, is younger than them, and is a power mongerer. Check your head, bro.

On the other hand - Fat 12 year old who comes along with a PSG-1 upgraded to 550fps with all the trimmings, a drum mag and a full ACU loadout etc etc. All very expensive.

He spent the morning BSing about how he's so awesome with his "Machine gun" and how he actually fired a real one before and how that somehow elevates him above all us mere mortals etc.

First problem of the day - he can't find the safety.

Second problem of the day - he can't aim for *beep*.

Third problem of the day - he just camps out in the open and stays there for the whole game - bitching about how boring it is over the radio. We all switch frequency.

Forth problem of the day - he doesn't take any hits. At one point he was doing a rather amusing dance as about 4 people opened up on him and he STILL ran off and said he wasn't out.

funny, i encounted a kid thats almost exactly like that person you described.

a fat 12 year old kid with a psg1, but his was stock. this person can't aim for *beep* as you said, and he just camps out as well. however, i didnt notice him with a radio.

another issue was that he doesn't take his hits. hes sitting there shooting me with his stock psg1 while i put several rounds into him from my CA36k, after several times i hear him scream and wave his arms so i assumed that he finally called his hits so i started walking forward only for him to start shooting at me AGAIN when my back is turned against him...and misses.

If i may be so bold

Things that appear to grind all our gears:

1) People with more gear and / or money than civility

2) People who lack in knowledge but disperse their opinion widly as fact

3) People who assume experience, of any sort, removes the need to be nice to people.

4) People who cannot have a reasoned discussion without lossing their netiquette

5) People who cannot accept other choices in playing style and try to force theirs as somehow being 'better'

and (most of all, and most important)

6) The fact that Kit that isn't as groovy as the real thing and costs way too much for us to all have the goodies that we wish we could have!!

have i missed anything out?

(and if I sound like a dib then I apologies, I'm just trying to defuse things)

Ok, some of our very respectable users are chairsofters, and sure as hell know their stuff. And for the last time, your post number and rep does not matter here! Look beyond that, and if someone makes good posts, then regardless of those two things, you will be liked by many.

So what really grinds my gears?

Kids with a post count lower than 200 thinking that anyone who has more posts than they do knows jack about airsoft, is younger than them, and is a power mongerer. Check your head, bro.

Woooah now, did I offend you or something? This thread is clearly titled as "What grinds my gears?" My post did not ask for a response from you or your opinion. If you don't like it, tough luck. You seem to miss the point of my post. My rant is alot of chairsofters don't know jack about airsofting. Granted there are probably a few that do, but many do not. Many do use post counts/rep points to post ######, validate their theories, and even circumvent the rules. It happens everywhere including here.

Unfortunately, you can accuse me of whatever you want, but i didn't say names, so don't get your panties in a bunch. You might think so and so in high regards, so be it. You don't know if i'm talking about him do you? You want to hear facts to back up my claims. I come here to teach and to learn. This thread was to rant, and I am within my bounds to rant in this thread as the title states.

How about this, out of the many threads you read about G&G, G&P, and star guns. How many of those posters actually have dealt with those guns? I will tell you, not many. Alot of them, spew what they "heard on the internet", as their own personal experience. I don't post in those threads anymore, but what I read sure amuses me. Every single thread has the same posters recounting someone else experiences. Last time I checked, citing evidence from a third party is far from reliable. This type of ###### is seen in alot of other threads too.

I forgot to add this to my original "what grinds my gears", people who think their the *beep* because they have above 200 posts, mostly from the off-topic forum, who like to get into internet pissing matches, because not everybody agrees with him. You respond with a "check your head bro".. Yeah, sure son, whatever you say.

disclaimer: I'm defending myself, from what clearly is a flame... I'm not going to respond to your ###### after this post...so spew whatever you want from your magical little world.

Not a flame, you have a right to your opinion, and so do I. I myself don't think of myself as anything. Hell, I don't even have a reputable post count or rep level. But I have never heard of people using things they've heard on the internet as their personal experiences. They are just trying to say "Well, i've heard that the (blank) is great from a few good sources, you should consider buying it." People do blow things out of porportion, but a majority of the things said here can be taken with a grain of salt.

See? No flaming there. And my magical world is alot like Dead Rising :wub:. No hard feelings about the posts above, dude. But please, for the love of god do not call me son. :P

this is little off topic but, holmes, who is that person in your avatar?

ok, so it's completely off-topic.

just to redeem myself, here's a grind my gears event. I was elling my be xm8, after two days, a guy emails me and wants to buy it. a week later, the day he was supposedly gonna ship the check, he says he has to fix his aug first so it'll be another week. the next week, he emails me again and says it'll be a few more days. I am so fed up with this *fruitcager* I'm about to explode. 5 days later, he emails me and says he don't want it anymore! ARUGGHHHH! it still hasn't sold.

this is little off topic but, holmes, who is that person in your avatar?

ok, so it's completely off-topic.

just to redeem myself, here's a grind my gears event. I was elling my be xm8, after two days, a guy emails me and wants to buy it. a week later, the day he was supposedly gonna ship the check, he says he has to fix his aug first so it'll be another week. the next week, he emails me again and says it'll be a few more days. I am so fed up with this *fruitcager* I'm about to explode. 5 days later, he emails me and says he don't want it anymore! ARUGGHHHH! it still hasn't sold.

Look in the Humor section and search "Pirates". Read the locked thread. :D

Pet Peeves:

1. Players who don't wear webgear:

- because they say they can't afford it. they spent 300+ on a gun, but can't buy $80 worth of BDU's and gear.

- because they say they don't need it. *How* can it be milsim if you're not carrying all the stuff you could possibly need to get you through a game?

2. Anyone who counts springers as part of their airsoft gun "inventory"

3. Random emails from people asking me to sell them batteries/chargers/magazines/springers when I didn't have an ad up for any of those.

4. People who post what they've "heard" about an airsoft related question. Especially when they can't give a source.

5. Unrealistic modifications to guns (ie, P90's with M203's, MP5 "sniper" carbines, etc.)

6. Bigass hunting scopes on assault weapons. They look gay, y'all. Admit it.

7. Any use of the term "l33t" or "l337" to describe a team or gun.

8. People who have an opinion on *everything*...and they want to share it with the entire forum

9. People who think $400 is a lot of money to drop on one gun.

10. People who think that since they've spent a "ton" of money on a gun that:

- it makes them a better person than the average player

- it makes them a better player than the guy with a stock/near-stock gun

- the gun should be indestructible, or immune to stoppages

11. In that same vein: people who think that because they've blown a lot of money on airsoft that they're due a certain amount of respect or deference from others. Funk dat. Your wallet does not make you a respectable person.

12. People who refuse to READ...then COMMENT

13. People who feel the need to add posts saying "Yeah, that's a good idea" or "what he said is right" or otherwise confirming an already confirmed factoid.

14. Newbies. In general.

15. Baseball hats, t-shirts, sneakers or other civilian clothing on the game field

16. People with radios with no radio discipline. Myself included.

17. Standards-only geeks who call hicaps unrealistic. I got news for you: 68 rounds in a mag is unrealistic. Matter of fact, I hate the whole standards vs hicaps argument, because most of the time, the people making the argument aren't even what I'd call skirmishers.

18. Any "support weapon" with a magazine capacity less than 600 rounds. Clamping mags together does not count.

19. People who have to tell you in excruciating detail how they saw you and shot you, in order to get some sort of recognition or something. Yeah, I was there, I know how I got hit as a result. Congrats on your "kill", it was a nice shot. Now move on.

20. People who think they're snipers just because they have an upgraded gun with a scope.

21. Newbs who tell anyone who will listen how much they love their CA or ICS guns and argue with experienced players about how their metal bodies rule, but NEVER post when they have a problem or can objectively list the strenths or weaknesses of the gun. Of course, they never mention how they sell the gun shortly thereafter in order to buy a TM gun.

22. People who call sniping "snipering", or think a "snipering gun" is any with a scope

23. People who get mad at me because I can't fix their 2 no-name gas M11's that they bought at a sportsman show from some hick (that I told them not to buy!!!)

24. Players who list what guns they have in their forum signature. Usually it isnt impressive.

25. On the forums, people who insist on asking if buying "x" gun is a good gun, after they've purchased it.

26. On the forums, people who insist on asking if buying "x" gun is a good gun, after they've purchased it.

27. The 13 year old boys shooting each other with springers in their front yard wearing no eye protection whatsoever.

28. The same 13 year old who play in there front yard who say they have a "Team" with names like "SW4T" "L337 Ownage"

29. The *beep* who always wants to change the enemy after waiting 15 minutes. After you tell him to wait he does it anyways.

30. People who never played airsoft in there life, that come to an airsoft forum to ###### airsofters off.

31. The guy who quits when all others around him have been hit

32. Someone who practices with a target that's 5 feet away and says their gun is accurate

33. They guy who comes just to brag about his paintball gun collection

http://airsoft.salmonbear.com/laws.php

=)

Archived