I have to agree about ICE's customer service, it took me five months to get my stuff (BDU/pouches/chestrig/jacket) from them. I tried pursuing them through paypal & by e-mail/phone. I had to demand a refund & had repeatedly instructed them to cancel the order. I was given a different excuse & delivery date on several occasions. The threat of legal action got a response the next day despite them not replying to my previous two or three emails.

The kit is okay but considering the delay & hassle I would not use them again because the customer service stinks. They would be better being honest about construction & delivery times from day one instead of keeping people spinning. ICE do not have a very good reputation on Airsoft Canada's boards because of this & I found half a dozen customers who'd received the same treatment.

Regards, TWK.

Edited by The Waco Kid

I just recieved this response from Hobey.

As far as im concerned i still think hes full of *beep* but we will see. My complaints will remain active with the aforementioned institutions until i actually recieve the product.

"Hi,

Your belt finally shipped 10/18. It was shipped Canada Post Air small packet, which will arrive around 10/25-26. There is no tracking number. We apologize for taking so long and the lack of communication. We're a small company and have been struggling to meet demand. Our location on a small island near Vancouver has made it very difficult to find enough help, so we've had trouble building enough product.

Hobey"

That is the lamest, most half assed excuse i have ever heard. All i have to say is that for his sake i hope hes actually telling the truth this time.

Nothing funny about playing a game in an EPC with cummerbund and a BDU blouse in 105+ temps.  I'll take comfort, tyvm.

i share your pain.

Sometimes I think I should take out the fake plates so the Cordura can breathe to increase ventilation but then I loose stiffness and the "cool factor".

I recieved my belt pad today.

Lets just say this was the worst 73 dollars i have ever spent in my entire life.

The pals webbing on the outside is crooked and i mean really crooked. The belt also has loose stitching all over the place.

Ill say this once more, i hope ice tactical goes out of business. Shoddy communication, shoddy delivery times and now shoddy products.

the DBT and Blackwater MOLLE belts are excellent secondary choices to ICE. They both provide great padding and reliability. Plus, both are official military gear providers, so all their materials are mil-spec. only downside is there's no gaps on the sides for droplegs, so you might need those Kifaru MOLLE drop leg adapters.

As for me, I own an ICE tact. belt too, but I picked one up lightly used off the LF swap meet and managed to dodge the 6 month wait time. The PALS webbing on mine is made of some funky nylon and not that mil-spec lightly elastic material found on my Eagle plate carrier. However, I used the tilt to my advantage and managed to mount some pouches to give the illusion that it's still straight :)

other than the PALS webbing issues, the belt is great. the friction pad is a nice add and there's sweat/heat ventilating material all over the inside. Unlike the original reviewer's belt though, mine doesn't have those inner pockets to hang droplegs off. instead, the entire belt has a gap on each side of the waist so the droplegs are hung externally.

with a good inner belt like a rockhard SOTECH duty belt or a riggers belt, the tact belt gets a good heftiness that will sit well on the waist. all in all, if you find one for sale used like i did, grab it immediately. the belt itself is worth the money, and as the other said, the service is not. Someone should just ignore their promises and just go ahead and sue their asses lol, regardless if the item is proposed as "shipped" or not

Good news :D i hope, well at least for those of us who are waiting for a Ice Battle Belt, just received an email from Hobey at ICE stating that MC Battle belts will be shipping out next week, so we will just have to wait and see, fingers crossed.

Will give my own review of it when and if it arrives. For those looking for an alternative try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMBAT-BAT-BELT-MEDI...oQQcmdZViewItem i have purchased other kit from here and it all been top quality stuff.

Magsz thanks for your help earlier, nice one mate :D

I'd suggest calling up the credit card company and telling them to put a little fire under paypal to get your $ back...

Shame how lousy their service is, I'm still in the market for a new first line as a bit of a lighter load but their gear really is amazing... I wonder why they have so many problems... it'd be interesting to get a REAL answer...

just received an email from Hobey at ICE stating that MC Battle belts will be shipping out next week,

I think the loose translation from the Canadian vernacular for 'next week' is 'whenever we damned well please.'

Nonetheless, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that your belt ships...along with everyone else's.

• 8 months later...

A year to the day after ordering my battle belt and it has finally arrived.................what a bloody anti-climax, dont get me wrong its looks very swanky maybe i'd even go as far as to say svelte, its just i dont need it anymore having purchased a battle belt from one Dirty Dagger like 8 months ago lol i guess atleast i will have a spare.

If anyone else is still waiting for gear from ice tactical now is the time to contact them because they have moved to new premises with onsite production line. And i kid you not, not only was my email responded to on the same day my order arrived 2 days after Hobey (anyone with have a dealing with Ice should know that name, and probably turn a dark crimson colour when his name is uttered ) said it would be shipped out.

Rofl...you just recieved your belt?

Wow, thats infuriating.

Im still using my belt out of sheer stubbornness. I waited so damn long for it i refuse to use something else even if the alternative is better lol.