Physical Fitness and Airsoft

craftiest

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe the amount of bad advice in this thread. You should not run with weight, even on the beach. if you do so you can risk serious injury to your ankles. This comes because on the beach it is a very soft uneven surface(great to run on alone) but prone to ankle turns, which aren't that bad until you add weight, which then makes things go from bad to worse. ankle weights add to hip injury as you are adding more stress and changing the way you run.

Even larger people shouldn't run too much at first, they should start out walking to save the knees. Something as small as the sole on the shoe you run in can cause problems if you are not running correctly, what do you think a 50 pound pack will do.

Trail running is probably one of the best things you can do, but without weight. it always a soft surface to run on, various terrain and obsticales that make your reaction time faster, and it can be done uphill or downhill. if you want to train and get in shape, its a great way to go.

And sticking a saw man on point that's just rough.

Im easily the heavist guy on my team. Im also the main point man. Its me who sprints to the objectives, its me who assualts objectives.

As some one was saying, if you are heavier your body adapts to it. Which is why i have no problem at all with carrying a star sa80, two ration packs (one for me and the rupert who was sniping), kevlar lid, and a lod of mags for the team.

I notice the majority of the fat haters are from america, how ironic.

Im easily the heavist guy on my team. Im also the main point man. Its me who sprints to the objectives, its me who assualts objectives.

As some one was saying, if you are heavier your body adapts to it. Which is why i have no problem at all with carrying a star sa80, two ration packs (one for me and the rupert who was sniping), kevlar lid, and a lod of mags for the team.

I notice the majority of the fat haters are from america, how ironic.

:lol: haha yes you have a point.

I can't believe the amount of bad advice in this thread.  You should not run with weight, even on the beach.  if you do so you can risk serious injury to your ankles.  This comes because on the beach it is a very soft uneven surface(great to run on alone) but prone to ankle turns, which aren't that bad until you add weight, which then makes things go from bad to worse.  ankle weights add to hip injury as you are adding more stress and changing the way you run. 

Even larger people shouldn't run too much at first, they should start out walking to save the knees.  Something as small as the sole on the shoe you run in can cause problems if you are not running correctly, what do you think a 50 pound pack will do. 

Trail running is probably one of the best things you can do, but without weight.  it always a soft surface to run on, various terrain and obsticales that make your reaction time faster, and it can be done uphill or downhill.  if you want to train and get in shape, its a great way to go.

And sticking a saw man on point that's just rough.

injuries are overrated, i have tendonitis in both ankles and a *fruitcage*ed knee but i can still run 2.4km with 45lb on my back in 11 minutes.

being worried about getting hurt makes life a hell of a lot more boring.

Darkchild

Running on uneven terrain is a great idea as it helps work your core.

I would use a weight vest for adding extra weight to body weight exercises. Weights around the ankles do add to injury potential, oddly enough. I'm not sure how, though.

You can either run with weights and risk injury, or not. Your call :D

I got a little bit of a beer belly going, but I'm also very fit otherwise. I do PT everyday and eat partially right (+ lots of drinking, which is very very bad :waggle: )

It's not about weight or fat or any of that. It's about stamina, endurance, and effort.

injuries are overrated, i have tendonitis in both ankles and a *fruitcage*ed knee but i can still run 2.4km with 45lb on my back in 11 minutes.

being worried about getting hurt makes life a hell of a lot more boring.

Darkchild

Injuries are overrated? That may be one of the dumbest things I've yet read on this forum. Playing with an injury can exacerbate the problem and lead to some serious issues down the road.

Although any degree of serious training is going to hurt at some point I'd have to agree that you need to be wary of injury and listen to what your body is telling you... running with weight (and I'm talking here of bergen running and the like) before you are ready is just asking for trouble and unless you have a very good reason to do it, don't!

Injuries are overrated?  That may be one of the dumbest things I've yet read on this forum.  Playing with an injury can exacerbate the problem and lead to some serious issues down the road.

yeah, however we live in a society where it is preferable to be weak and safe rather than train hard and potentialy hurt yourself.

It's an ideal i don't agree with, if an injury is bad enough to stop you you will physically not be able to carry on, if not just grit your teeth and get on with it.

Darkchild

common guys, we all know darkchild is 400 pounds, never touched the gym, and also never went anywhere but mcdonalds, but hey, his fat *albatross* seems to get around alot :)

(dont worry darkchild, you just posted above me, so i choose you :) )

yeah, however we live in a society where it is preferable to be weak and safe rather than train hard and potentialy hurt yourself.

It's an ideal i don't agree with, if an injury is bad enough to stop you you will physically not be able to carry on, if not just grit your teeth and get on with it.

Darkchild

I used to have that attitude when I was a competitive cyclist. I trained and trained, ignoring knee issues. Those knee issues became two seriously screwed up joints. I now wake up every morning in excruciating pain. Yay!

In the US military, they've started to recognize that stopping injuries early is critical to keeping soldiers effective. Unattended, even a little blister can sideline a soldier. That may not have reached the Emerald Ilse.

As Monk has said, training with injuries is an excellent way to excarbate them and potentially give yourself a more permanet injury. There's a big difference between being sore after a good workout and pulling a muscle or spraining your ankle.

It's up to each individual to decide how they train, but I'd implore people reading this, especially those new to exercise, to take it easy and swallow their pride when it comes to machoistic ideas of taking the pain and carrying on anyway. Personally, I'd advise that if you get an injury, train around it. Exercise the other parts of your body so you don't get off your routine (which is a real killer for exercise programmes), but don't even think about doing any real training on the afflicted part of your body.

Finally, if you're still in doubt, go talk to your doctor. I expect most GPs will have a hell of a lot more knowledge than any of us in here.

It's not just overweight people who are out of shape, I'm 6' tall and 150lbs and by that you might think I'm in shape but the truth is that I can run about 1/2 a mile before I collapse and I can do about 10 pushups.

Now I played soccer for 9 years and could run for miles, as well as being about to do 75-100 pushups in a row. That was 5 years ago, since then I sat in front of my computer too much, I'm still skinny but I'm horribly unfit.....I'm working on it though.

Despite my fitness level I have never had a problem at a skirmish. I think if you have trouble making it through a day of skirmishing you have a problem.

i'm guessing it's people like me who hurt you, right? dry.gif

Oh wait, i can't actually get my fat *albatross* out of my seat to hurt you tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Darkchild

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLRFOOLR OMFG LOLOLOLOl

man, i just got back from a faggot *albatross* amish auction, looking for some real steel guns, and i was scrolling down, and i seen you say that and i seriously fell out of my seat, omg if i wasnt so fat myself, i would come to your house, give you a nice cookie, filled with everything a fatass could imagine,

well, tobad i got nothing to say to that :(

wewt, lawng pewst

Archived