G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like it could be a winner

50 quid cheaper than the star one (comparing their price with current WGC website price for the star) isnt enough of a difference if it was diecast metal versus steel but as both are steel that becomes academic

only thing you're losing is the case star supplied (then again if you're buying in from HK that case just adds dead weight for shipping)

One thing I would say though is that they really need to learn from stars main mistake - have good quantities of any proprietary gearbox parts (cut off levers trigger switches etc) easily available from day one. Do that and it becomes no contest.

Cool, really impressed by this! Its got a working bolt catch, probably going to be a spring release

The price seems reasonable too, hopefully it will be under £300 in the U.K including VAT and such *prays*

I say well done to G&G, looks like a winner!

mail from airsoft warehouse who are G&G's main dealer in the UK:

Hi Thomas

All I can say is, it's due very soon.

We are getting a demo model in the next couple of days (air traffic

permitting) and I will know the price then.

I believe it will be less than £300.

Keep an eye on our website for full details

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Barry Johnson

Manager

T: +44 0 1454 329141

E: barry@airsoftwarehouse.co.uk

W: www.airsoftwarehouse.co.uk

Shouldn't think so, especially since the real steel uses a 19mm dovetail, and so does the L85 iron sights and SUSAT.

Hmm, from the look of that gearbox -

ggl85series3.jpg

If you can't see the pic, heres the link to the pics of the G&G l85 that was posted on page 1 of this thread - G&G L85 PICTURES

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a split type gearbox, especially since the G&G sa80 is supposed to strip like the real thing. I bet the gearbox upper (mainspring, piston and cylinder) will be in the upper receiver, so gearbox maintenance will be a breeze!

Completely guess work, but makes sense, especially since the gearbox has a split look about it

I love how everyone was already marking this gun to be a cheaper version of the L85, and that it will blow STAR's out of the water. So now everyone is dissapointed when they find out the price tag.

The mechbox looks like a version 6 mechbox from a P90 aswell, great copying abilities from taiwanese companies again.

gallery_113_405_14207.jpg

gallery_113_405_80511.jpg

- full scale construction

- new type gear box

- automatic recoil bolt

- functional bolt catch

- realistic field stripping

- realistic gas piston

- realistic trigger break

- Al6061 cnc machined one piece outer barrel

- stamped sheet steel body with heat treatment

- nylon/fiber handguard grip

- soft rubber butt plate

- grip storage for tool kit

- 450 rnd hicap magazine

Regarding the L85,we will release it next week and our MSRP is TWD 15800. It is right. The L85 will be a AEG revolution. The cocking lever will move as fire the trigger. We will make a video file to show the customers.

After we made the file,we will show you.

Ivan

G&G ARMAMENT

Source 1

Source 2

Archived