G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

To tell u the truth i cant wait for this gun.

When my CA M15 Carbine dies ( :( ) i deff. know i will be saving my money for this gun.

Anyone know if it will be able to accept m-15/16/4 series mags? b/c that would be a big plus and probably a big deciding factor for most people

McDe :zorro:

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll I'm a bit disappointed. The gun is still going to be $$$, well near mid $500 mark, after tax and shipping...Honestly this gun is over hyped, and not worth getting worked up about

In your opinion.

I wonder if G&G will have put a 20mm rail on top rather than one of those dovetails?

I've allways thought that the SA80 is one of the few guns that looks bad with anything but the original scope on it. I assume that they'll do a 19mm dovetail ( i hope) to fit a SUSAT on, real if we must. Anyway STAR make a 19 -> 20mm RIS adapter if you must mount other stuff on it.

I believe this gun will take m16 mag's as it seems that the hi cap that it comes with is one of there m16 hi cap mag's. this is only speculation from looking at there site and at pictures. so don't burn me if i'm wrong its an educated guess.

img20050603142202.jpg

this is ther hi cap m16 mag

L85-A4.jpg

and if you look at sourse pictueres of there l85 it looks very simmilar also it has the same capacity as on the poster 450 rounds.

Hmmm..... is it me or does the cylinder look elongated compared to the standard V2/3/6 cylinder? Almost looks to be SR-25 length? After upgrading my Tommy and P90, I'd glad they changed the Spring guide to match the one found on the V3 vs. the spring guide used on a V6 gearbox which is the V2 one. It's soooo much nice to be able to put a spring and spring guide in and know that it won't pop back out at you.

We'll I'm a bit disappointed. The gun is still going to be $$$, well near mid $500 mark, after tax and shipping...Honestly this gun is over hyped, and not worth getting worked up about.

What did you expect?

The lr300 was 220 pounds when I got it, this isn't a big price wise at all.

In your opinion.

I've allways thought that the SA80 is one of the few guns that looks bad with anything but the original scope on it. I assume that they'll do a 19mm dovetail ( i hope) to fit a SUSAT on, real if we must. Anyway STAR make a 19 -> 20mm RIS adapter if you must mount other stuff on it.

I agree but is that because we're so accustomed to seeing SUSATs on SA80's?

True to the original L85 there is no/limited guard over the magazine catch. I foresee many problems with people dumping magazines by accident when the AEG is slinged or otherwise held close to the body. Someone should point this out to G&G.

Im sure when G&G where researching the gun they will have heard reports of this. Im sure they are aware of the problem.

They are just making an accurate reproduction however, i guess people will have to be carefull.

Exactly. If G&G had produced an A1 version with the mag catch guard we would all be wining about how it isnt realistic. Now that they arent putting a mag catch guard on we all want one so we dont dump our mags. Pick one :rolleyes:

Exactly. If G&G had produced an A1 version with the mag catch guard we would all be wining about how it isnt realistic. Now that they arent putting a mag catch guard on we all want one so we dont dump our mags. Pick one :rolleyes:

Ain't gonna happen, its got the reprofiled mag catch ;)

I believe this gun will take m16 mag's as it seems that the hi cap that it comes with is one of there m16 hi cap mag's. this is only speculation from looking at there site and at pictures. so don't burn me if i'm wrong its an educated guess.

I don't think it will unfortunately. They are talking about a "bolt hold open" device, and I don't see how that could work with a normal mag :( They are probably using a similar system to that on the Systema Training Weapons.

I don't think it will unfortunately. They are talking about a "bolt hold open" device, and I don't see how that could work with a normal mag :( They are probably using a similar system to that on the Systema Training Weapons.

''Bolt hold open device''? Never seen that bit, you sure you don't mean 'working bolt catch'? The working bolt catch will be a spring decompress button.

I'm pretty sure it will be compatable with STANAG mags, since G&G currently produce some already, and it wouldn't make sense in production terms not to use them

''Bolt hold open device''? Never seen that bit, you sure you don't mean 'working bolt catch'? The working bolt catch will be a spring decompress button.

Bolt hold open device = little green lever under the ejection opening. you flick it down when the bolt is rearwards and it holds the bolt there, like the slide catch on a GBB. It could work manually, to get at the hop etc, but it won't work to show when a mag is out etc.

Like i said before somewhere else - if the mag catch is the same as the SA80A1 and not the original SA80 it shoudl be fine. I never had a problem of the mags falling out.

having just this minute spoken to the guys at AW the bolt catch decocks the gun returning all working parts to the least stressed position.

The body is steel and looks and feels just like the Star for less than £300.

they tested it with a 8.4v mini and the ROF was outstanding !

due end of August in the UK(tbc)

mags- it would appear are STANAG as expected

Blowback is crisp but reliabilty will only show after time

and yes it DOES strip just like the real thing with only 2 pins to seperate the TMH giving you instant access to the hop and barrel!

also this is the A1 model so the snowcutter trigger and modified mag catch are present with only the need to obtain the case deflector cocking handle to change it to an A2 version.

no G+G SUSAT as yet so Star still have monopoly there for now

I'm pretty sure it will be compatable with STANAG mags, since G&G currently produce some already, and it wouldn't make sense in production terms not to use them

Cool, thanks for clearing that up!

Archived