G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts on why Asian makers are making a British issue gun that is only used (RS) in Britain which is a minor sector of the market? When will CA, ICS and TM follow suite (if ever)? Interesting huh?

On the plus side - they're doing it bloody well by the looks of things.

CC

ICS have one planned, and TM do an L85 Boys version(may not be out yet), so could be quite soon. Unfortunately it isnt looking like soon enough to get an SA80 for <£200 before VCRB. And it is annoying that everyime i hear the predicted price of the G&G SA80 it seems to have crept up....o well. Im still going to buy it, and because im the consumer it is my job to get f*cked over

lol you are wishing a bit aren't you ?

a full steel L85 for under £200 ? not likely when we are still expected to pay £180 plus for the plastic,270 fps ###### that TM knock out

I wouldnt mind paying £180 for a Tm one at 270fps. No i really wouldnt. And iam perfectly aware that a full metal one would be alot. Thus the reason i didnt mention metal in my original post :rolleyes: .

Look a bit down the news page for the ICS one, although there arent any pics of it, just some 3D renderings.

Edit: I mean the news forum(search ICS L85), not the main news page sorry.

well i was at AW today and had afondle of the new l85-a1. it's a lovely replica, it's solid, a nice weight the general quality looks fantastic. it comes with a 450 round stanag mag, the same as come with the gr300 (which i use in my spr, so woohoo, an extra hicap and i don't have to buy any extra mags :) ).

it can take large cells arranged in 2 lines of 3 cells behind the foresight block, then 1 or 2 more (depending on the required voltage) in front of the foresight in the handguard. the handguard splits in two making it very easy to put in the battery, and when it's back together it is solid as a rock again :D . it strips like the real thing, and the gear box does split in two. hopefully g&g will release the gearbox upper separately so you can have more than one with different springs for a very quick spring change. as stated, it comes with a tightbore. after having a play i seriously have to get one.

it shoots at 390, this is normal if you buy a g&g from the east, however, g&g supply the aegs with lower powered springs for this country giving performance of around 270. so, expect the ones coming out to fire around the 270 mark, the good news is though, if the eastern ones are firing high, the internals should have no problem being upgraded to the 1J mark.

the gearbox has a channel with a gap running along the top, this is where the blowback thingy attaches, it can be easily detached :) . one thing to note, is that if the cocking handle is interrupted it will mess with the gears, shouldn't be a problem if you look after it and don't go leaning it on a wall or something when you fire by the cocking lever. hopup is an armalite type hopup, in this case a one piece plastic/composite job. price is £295.

well, needless to say i was impressed and have to go make so money now :D

it strips like the real thing, and the gear box does split in two. hopefully g&g will release the gearbox upper separately so you can have more than one with different springs for a very quick spring change. as stated, it comes with a tightbore. after having a play i seriously have to get one.

Knew it! Right, buying one of these now definately, +1 for the info mate!

Archived