G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New info, pics and videos here - Info

Looks as though the 'working bolt catch' is a cock-up by G&G, since the spring release button is inside the magwell :blink:

..unless it holds the moving bolt open, but surely the green 'hold open' lever did that on the real steel?

New info, pics and videos here - Info

Looks as though the 'working bolt catch' is a cock-up by G&G, since the spring release button is inside the magwell  :blink:

..unless it holds the moving bolt open, but surely the green 'hold open' lever did that on the real steel?

You big g'lar.

The thing inside the mag well is for the gearbox spring.

Well I hope it is :unsure:

You big g'lar.

The thing inside the mag well is for the gearbox spring.

Well I hope it is :unsure:

Thats what I meant :rolleyes:

G&G said that the gun will have a 'working bolt catch'. Now, I assumed they were going to make this a spring decompress button, which they have done. Thing is, its inside the magwell :blink:

So....

What is this 'working bolt catch'?

Has anyone noticed from the retail box the cut out for the standard iron sight also fits the imprint of a SUSAT.

22909510829.jpg

Wonder if they were intending to have a SUSAT come standard with later models?

From the review posted by Tank it seems this gun is very encouraging.

The split gearbox (upper, lower, and motor all having their own separate compartments) seems just awesome. From having to open my Star L85's gearbox to replace the motor, it was highly annoying getting everything back in place and having to de-solder and re-solder the new motor instead of using motor plugs like on some AEG's and this G&G L85.

I've loved split gearbox's from having to work on my ICS M4's split gearbox. It's just a good idea and allows for easier trouble shooting and reassembly.

Not so happy about the blowback unit breaking within 1000-1500 rounds. I would most likely disable this personally. Too bad the hook that brook wasn’t strengthened.

Thanks’ for the quick review Tank!

The l85 bolt catch is on the other side of the gun though, near the fire selector, hence why I got confused with G&G's description of the gun having a 'working bolt catch', when really its a working 'hold open lever'

Ah I finally see what you're getting at.

I guess G&G confuse things with their vague description but surely they are correct to a point if you can hold the bolt back using the lever as on the real steel and then release said bolt with the bolt release catch.

Wouldn't this constitute a working bolt catch?

Ah I finally see what you're getting at. 

I guess G&G confuse things with their vague description but surely they are correct to a point if you can hold the bolt back using the lever as on the real steel and then release said bolt with the bolt release catch. 

Wouldn't this constitute a working bolt catch?

Yeah thats true, although it should have been named by G&G as a 'working hold open lever', not as a 'working bolt catch'

See, on the real-steel, the 'hold open lever' purely holds open the chamber and breech, for inspection and to check that the gun is safe. The 'bolt catch' is situated on the other side of the gun, near the fire selector and is pressed after inserting a new mag.

Its just me being picky more than anything else :rolleyes:

To elaborate.

With the SA80 you cock back the bolt press DOWN the "holding open device" and then press the "bolt release catch" -i'll give the slang name a miss :P- to let the working parts go forwards. They're two seperate parts caz. Plus theres the spring release catch for the gearbox spring.....

I'm sure the holding open device goes down. It's one of those things that you would know if you did it, but it's hard to think of doing.... :S

Archived