• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it says here : 'For majority European customers

for us 1 Airsoft pistol: US$20-33 ,for europe 1 Airsoft pistol: US$26-39

for us 1 AEG: US$38-79 ,for europe 1 AEG: US$42-98

for us 10kg: US$ 75-120, for europe 10kg: US$85-120

for us 20kg: US$130-200 ,for europe 20kg: US$135-210'

All the prices do not include the import duties, taxes and VAT, we are not responsible for the import duties taxes and VAT problem.'

cheers for that. yowser! that's a fair bit, so if i have to pay vat and the parcel force admin fee (wtf is that for anyways) i'm looking at roughly the same same as it is here. meh, i'll get it from the uk then, at least having the airsoft shop round the corner means if anything goes wrong i can get it sorted on warranty without any extra postage costs.

Don't know if this has been allready mentioned or whether this is correct - but the lads at AA said that the G&G SA80 has a 20mm rail instead of a 19mm dovetail. This means that 1) you can now bolt all kinds of ugly stuff to the SA80, 2) G&G will HAVE to make their own SUSAT 3) i'll have to sell the set of SA80 ironsights that i've held onto in the hope that they'd fit :(

If someone with the gun - tank? - could just verify whether its a 19mm dovetail or a 20mm RIS/weaver i'd be uber grateful.

Don't know if this has been allready mentioned or whether this is correct - but the lads at AA said that the G&G SA80 has a 20mm rail instead of a 19mm dovetail. This means that 1) you can now bolt all kinds of ugly stuff to the SA80, 2) G&G will HAVE to make their own SUSAT 3) i'll have to sell the set of SA80 ironsights that i've held onto in the hope that they'd fit :(

If someone with the gun - tank? - could just verify whether its a 19mm dovetail or a 20mm RIS/weaver i'd be uber grateful.

I'm quite pleased about that. I know its not realistic but its a damn sight more useful than having a rail that you can't mount anything but a SUSAT too. I know you can get adaptors, but still.

Plus it also means that should the G&G SUSAT be a quality piece of kit then we'll have the option to mount it on other guns.

I'm quite pleased about that. I know its not realistic but its a damn sight more useful than having a rail that you can't mount anything but a SUSAT too. I know you can get adaptors, but still.

Thing is, ANY optic/accessory/L@@K/buyitnow made for a 21mm RIS/RAS rail WILL fit on the real-steel and STAR l85 19mm dovetail anyways, without the need for the dovetail-RIS adapter made by STAR. Tried it already with several RDS, an ACOG, and an EoTech and they all mounted fine.

If G&G did decide to make the rail a 20mm dovetail, then TBH I don't blame them. It means that potential customers won't buy the STAR SUSAT because it wont fit, so they can charge anything they want for their own brand SUSAT simply becasue customers have no choice. However, they can still mount RIS/RAS optics...

Truth will be in the pudding though, sure is interesting anyways.

we have had a lot of problems with ICS mainly the MP5s although the one ICS M16 we had also gave up the ghost.

Of 8 original ICS MP5s we had only one of them is still going without the need for serious internal work or replacement body as we had problems ranging from double feeding(poor hop),poor wiring, self destructing gearboxes all the way to 3 snapped bodies under normal conditions due to the thin (cast) bodies.

I was really tempted by the ICS AK74 but have heard nothing but problems from those too ( i have not personally seen these though)

If i see an ICS series that really does perform out of the box for a good time in the majority of those bought i will be the first to praise it

Just to let everybody know, this is now available for pre order at wgc for $390 which is about £206 before shipping and customs charges.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...EG-L85A1_srch_1

Cheers.

Edit: Iv'e just realised that i'm late so please disregaurd this post.

I just measured it with my digital calipers...19.89mm.

There are no cross cuts in the rail like on a standard 20mm rail though, so some optics may not mount properly.

I just measured it with my digital calipers...19.89mm. 

There are no cross cuts in the rail like on a standard 20mm rail though, so some optics may not mount properly.

Dosn't need them mate.

Just to clarify, ANY optic made for a RIS/RAS rail WILL fit on the L85's dovetail rail. The dovetail rail is wider at the top than what it is at the bottom, and RIS/RAS mounts affix to the wider portion at the top of the rail. I've fitted loads of different optics made for RIS/RAS rails onto my L85 dovetail, and each one fitted and was as solid as a rock ;)

Archived