• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is a better deal?

-STAR sa80-410 pounds

-STAR sa80+firesupport upgrade-485 pounds

-G&G sa80-295 pounds

-ICS sa80-?

Mine hasn't got the firesupport upgrade and it's still working after about 4k rounds and airsoft scotland change the spring to 328fps at no extra charge.

We gave up ordering from HK... Just because of al the extra taxes, troubles with customs, and expensive shipping...

Delivery is fine, 3 days and the shipment is in Belgium, but the two or three weeks after that :(

Edit:  Typo

I've heard that Guns'n'Guys in Hong Kong have a pretty good record for getting stuff through customs and they're really cheap. I guy at our site uses them. But I'll only order if the price is less than over here including customs and postage charges. Otherwise what's the point? I don't want to gamble on customs not charging me

The point is when you do a 50% invoice you will never know if customs is going to see through that, and determine the value for themselves, and put the tax on that. And GnG is indeed the best... they put everything up as "toys" and do not describe the stuff shipped.

Our experience is that there are always lots of costs that we couldn't forsee, and got tired of that. So do your homework... ;)

EDIT: typo's again :P

alright let me ask someone who knows alot about this gun these questions

1) When will the US release be?

2) will the US release be shooting above 350fps?

3) Will the US release have a tightbore installed

and finally . . .

4) Does this bad boy accept M-15/16/4 series mags

PLease reply. . .

mcde

FFS, stop with all the goddamn stupid questions already guys! Everytime I see this thread with new posts in it, none of them have any new info about the gun, just a load of questions covering stuff thats already been mentioned, and its getting ridiculous now :headbutt:

/rant over

Yes, it uses a large battery, but it is a custom pack split into two sections to fit in the foregrip.

Yes, it uses STANAG mags

Small or large plug - Who knows? ITS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET!!!! Besides, does it matter? Adapters do exist :rolleyes:

Received sample on Monday.

I'll be taking some photos & writing a review soon, but in the meantime here are the answers to some questions I've seen in this (& other) thread(s).

Very solid, sturdy gun. Gearbox is pretty quiet, but the blowback bolt is rather loud.

Chronos over forum limits out of the box.

Battery plug is a large.

Uses M16 mags. (450 round hi-cap included)

Uses one piece M16 hop-up

Mechbox stays in lower when field stripped.

field stripping is SUPER easy

The little bit that makes the blowback function is easily broken. In fact after about 1200 rounds it broke & the piece that came off fell inside the gearbox & jammed the gears. While this is an unfortunate development, it does give me an excuse to open up the gearbox & see if there is anything out of the ordinary inside.

Personally, I would disable the blowback anyway as it is loud, & pointless IMO.

I'll post again once I get it taken apart.

Ok so basicly problems with the G&G include:-

-Bad finish

-A1 version

-Unreliable Blowback

-untested internals

So for £100 extra for the Star you get:-

-A2 version

-Perfect finish

-£70 case

-RG Mag (let's face it highcaps are ######)

-Quick change spring

Basicly I'm getting the Star.

Ok so basicly problems with the G&G include:-

-Bad finish

-A1 version

-Unreliable Blowback

-untested internals

So for £100 extra for the Star you get:-

-A2 version

-Perfect finish

-£70 case

-RG Mag (let's face it highcaps are ######)

-Quick change spring

Basicly I'm getting the Star.

I recommend the Firesupport upgrade or a professional upgrade of some kind.

As for the G&G I'd like to try it before I buy it.

Received sample on Monday. 

I'll be taking some photos & writing a review soon, but in the meantime here are the answers to some questions I've seen in this (& other) thread(s).

Very solid, sturdy gun. Gearbox is pretty quiet, but the blowback bolt is rather loud. 

Chronos over forum limits out of the box. 

Battery plug is a large.

Uses M16 mags. (450 round hi-cap included)

Uses one piece M16 hop-up

Mechbox stays in lower when field stripped. 

field stripping is SUPER easy

The little bit that makes the blowback function is easily broken. In fact after about 1200 rounds it broke & the piece that came off fell inside the gearbox & jammed the gears. While this is an unfortunate development, it does give me an excuse to open up the gearbox & see if there is anything out of the ordinary inside.

Personally, I would disable the blowback anyway as it is loud, &  pointless IMO. 

I'll post again once I get it taken apart.

Wow, that's great. It's just what you'd expect from G&G; just over a thousand rounds and there's already a piece of jagged metal banging around your gearbox. It's been said so many times, but as long as G&G can take peoples money with guns that aren't tested except on the customers, people will never get a good product out of them. When National Airsoft Magazine did a group write-up of the G&G lineup, they slammed G&G for the same BS.

Archived