Member Map - please add your details

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see what I can do about organising something a bit easier to use. The ability to zoom inand out and to place accurate info was avoided to provide a level of privacy. I'm tempted to code up a simple export feature to allow people to input their lat/longitude which I can easily hook into a few other powerful systems.

I'll see what I can sort to fix Sid's problems too..

oooooh groups lemme check that.

Multi-airsoft-map???

This is getting high tech...

Next up: Live satellite feed of skirmish battles... Now mums countrywide can watch their own little soldiers fight their fight, all day, every sunday!!1! \o/

I think the Russians have spy satelites going cheap :)

Mine is working find apart from groups seem to screw it up.

Cheers,

Pariah

First quickfix, any user profile values for latitude outside of +/-90 and longitude outside of +/-180 are ignored and not attempted to plot as otherwise map falls over.

Data must be in numeric decimal format or it's ignored. (handy ref: http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,8409.0.html )

Latitude = North - South position relative to the Equator. Values are from 0 to 90 Degrees, use positive numbers for locations in the Northern Hemisphere, and negative for the Southern Hemisphere.

Longitude = East - West position relative to the Greenwich Meridian. Values are from 0 to 180 Degrees, use positive numbers for locations West of Greenwich e.g. the US, and negative for locations to the East e.g New Zealand.

Well Frank's map is listed on there and linked/credited too. AirsoftMap.co.uk has been linked from and mentioned here on this website for ages and that's not going to change.

To my recollection I think the original UK site/player/resource map was actually created by the guys that ran Squad-X many moons ago (site long since gone now), which was running of a customised version of GothMap.

....if you want to get into the history of maps and the like.

Well Frank's map is listed on there and linked/credited too. AirsoftMap.co.uk has been linked from and mentioned here on this website for ages and that's not going to change.

To my recollection I think the original UK site/player/resource map was actually created by the guys that ran Squad-X many moons ago (site long since gone now), which was running of a customised version of GothMap.

....if you want to get into the history of maps and the like.

It's ok, I wasn't trying to start an argument. The map is of a much better quality and makes maintainence much easier.

Nice one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.