+++Important: PayPal Scam+++

Altered_Soul

Hi everyone, this has to do with a major scam attempt I was just targeted (unsuccesfully) with, whether this has been around before im not sure, I believe its pretty new because Paypal called me to ask me specific details after I left them an email and called them.

For anyone out there that uses Paypal, there is a new scam out there to steal your password and bank account info. It will look and act just like a regular paypal email, and will tell you a new email has been added to your account, with a link to prove that you didnt. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK OR FILL IN ANY INFORMATION!!!! Open another broswer, and open paypal and see if anythign under your account under the actual paypal is there. If not, that original email is a SCAM, report it immediatly to paypal, etc etc. It looks and acts like the real thing, just be careful. Hopefully we can spread the word.

Just be careful, spread this to where you can.

I saw the early Jan one, but like I said, could be wrong. Just happened to me and after I sent the fakes to paypal they called me back. Its not hours right now for them I believe. So, I took it pretty seriously.

EDIT: If the mods so desire, you can move this thread and just put it at the end of the already existing paypal scam. I only read the OP on that one and it was the old one from a while ago.

Thanks for the input dannyboy

Such is the beauty of having two e-mail addresses.

I use one for forums and anything else, and one for ebay/paypal.

So scam mail's turn up on my non-paypal account because the address is all over the internet, but my paypal address gets nothing. It's easy to identify scams.

Such is the beauty of having two e-mail addresses.

I use one for forums and anything else, and one for ebay/paypal.

So scam mail's turn up on my non-paypal account because the address is all over the internet, but my paypal address gets nothing.  It's easy to identify scams.

That's actually quite ingenius. :blink:

Archived